Palladium/RIFTs Crossover game

Moderator: Global Moderator

Utopia
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl

Palladium/RIFTs Crossover game

Post by Utopia » Thu March 02 06 ; 8 22 am

I am looking to start a decent sized campaign with about 5-6 players who can post regularly (at least once every few days). It would take place in a heavily modified Palladium setting. The game itself would be a crossover between Palladium Fantasy and RIFTs tech.

I know a lot of people here don't know the system and are thus reluctant to play the game so I will provide the option of letting me create the character stats catered to players ideas.

The game itself would be a blend of fantasy and sci-fi with "plane" jumping between worlds. It will be heavily based on roleplay with fights thrown in to keep the ball rolling.

If you're interested in playing, leave a post here. Even if you don't know the system, I'll help you to create a character if you're interested. I will only start the game if I have enough interest in it.
I don't want the world, I just want your half.

Kyzariel
Gamer|Gamer Guy|Gamer Girl

Re: Palladium/RIFTs Crossover game

Post by Kyzariel » Thu March 02 06 ; 9 26 am

Sigh... I would be one of those folks both interested in joining and (totally) lacking in knowledge of the system. Interested, because your offer was just too good to refuse - after all, it's nice to have the GM help you with such basic things - but... a little bit worried, since I don't know if you may find me worthy of your time...

I've only heard of the Palladium and RIFTS games, but, as we say it back here: "I don't have a clue of what they are eaten with"... Sure, the campaign encourages roleplay (and I could do a wee bit more of that, posting once every few days is not that much of a problem), but the system will eventually have to kick in and I'm afraid I'm going to be in need of more help than just with the character sheet...

So, all things considered, it remains up to you to decide if you'll have me or not (well, that's more of a truism, since, of course, all the calls were yours...)

Sorry if this is not very encouraging for a "first enlisted" post, but I hope you'll find enough interest from others as well... All the best! :)

Utopia

Post by Utopia » Thu March 02 06 ; 10 11 am

Palladium is what 3rd edition D&D wishes it was. Skills are percentage based and combat is d20. If you're willing to give it a try, I will help you to make a character. I will make the transition to understanding as simple as possible. If you've played D&D you'll catch on in no time at all.

What kind of a character have you got in mind? Races are very open as are Classes.

Kyzariel
Gamer|Gamer Guy|Gamer Girl

Post by Kyzariel » Thu March 02 06 ; 12 10 pm

Does that mean I'm in? Yey!

*Prepares to rejoice, but then pauses a bit while pondering things. Smacks forehead, as if realizing something...*

Oh, yes, presuming you'll find enough players to get the game going, that is... Should've thought of that... Well, if what you say is true, at least you won't be worrying about me catching on slowly when the game will be up...

Yes, I'm familiar with D&D, and, based on your statement, it shouldn't be that much of a change in mechanics... Now... From what I've seen on the net, the Palladium games are pretty much inter-compatible, which is very neat. They use different proportions (like you said, percentile skills instead of ranks), different alignments, a different classification of classes (Occupational, Racial, and Psychic), and, of course, a different magic system (Potential Psychic Energy to fuel magic and Inner Strength to fuel psionics and the like), compared with D&D, that is... Sure, this is just as thick as ice when it comes to difference, for, as I see it, at heart, it's still wizards slinging spells and warriors with swords (or guns, in RIFTS :D) having at the enemy... :DD Oh, and the occasional roleplay and problem solving... Most important!!
I didn't find deeper insights, but I'm sure you'll be able to fill me on things as we go...

Uhmm, and now returning to what you have asked (sorry, I often get carried away like that), I would go for a human, a warrior class (however might it be called... It's an Occupational one, right?), and would be of a Principled alignment (as honor would be quite important for the character, as would be doing "good"... Are there any sub-alignments?) Kind of plain vanilla, but it's good for starters as it won't be that complicated to run...
...and, plain vanilla as it might be, still remains my favorite character choice ever...

Hope I didn't overwhelm/scare you with my (superficial) zeal (for indeed, I have merely scratched the ice on the system) and the know-it-all attitude (it is unintended, believe me)... I believe there was a name for players like me, but I'm not that seasoned to know as much... It was something annoying, though, I'm sure...

All in all, I'm really looking forward to hear from you and start playing...

Utopia

Post by Utopia » Thu March 02 06 ; 2 29 pm

When I get home, I'll pm you a post of alignments, possible classes, and stuff.

Darkchylde

Post by Darkchylde » Wed April 12 06 ; 8 01 am

Woa, how did I not see this post? 8O

I would really like to join your game. I´m an avid reader of the rifts books, but not palladium, although I know a few things about that world.

Which characters would you allow?

Utopia

Post by Utopia » Wed April 12 06 ; 10 58 am

Depends, I can adapt the game to what is in it. I was going to start with just Palladium Races, I will make a list of allowable races soon if you're stioll interested.

Darkchylde

Post by Darkchylde » Wed April 12 06 ; 3 03 pm

Wll, I hoped to be able to play one of those cute ;) dog boys. I don´t know much about the palladium races... there are humans, elves, dwarves, some kind of wolf people, lizard men... and more?

And yes, I´m still interested :D

annymfilliu
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl

Post by annymfilliu » Wed April 12 06 ; 8 18 pm

My second game system, but my first long time played game, how could I not want to play, and I already have characters and most of the books (true they are all in boxes, but at least I know where they are...) Will patiently wait the list of allowed races.
Those who underestimate the Power of the Human spirit strengthened by the Holy Spirit, are destined to fail.

Children of the Phoenix - Sonya, and the rest of the world (GM)

Disturbed 1

Post by Disturbed 1 » Mon April 17 06 ; 8 30 pm

hey id love to try but like KY ill need help on charecter creation and basic play
everybodys so infatuated, everyone's so completely sure of what we are, everybody defamates from miles away but face to face the haven't got a thing to say.

Utopia

Post by Utopia » Tue April 18 06 ; 6 07 am

Sorry all, I took a slight break from the boards, but now i'm back and recharged for rp. I will post races tonight and leave a link here to them.

Darkchylde

Post by Darkchylde » Wed May 10 06 ; 5 06 am

Pleeeeeeeeeeeease, don´t forget us. I´m really eager to play :)

StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl

Post by StormElfstone » Thu May 11 06 ; 12 40 pm

Am I too late to join? I've never played Palladium/RIFTS either, (don't even know what they are), but your game sounds fun I'm looking to join a new game. So if you're willing to teach me I'm willing to learn.
I mostly play D&D 3.5 but have also played v3.
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]

My YouTube Channel

Taku
n00b

Post by Taku » Sun May 14 06 ; 1 35 am

I might possibly be interested. I am pretty familiar with the rifts world, along with other Palladium games, but have never played in the Palladium Fantasy setting.

I'll admit that I tend toward extremely powerful character types such as Splugorth Conservator and Pheonixi (Rifts Africa), but I can play most types of characters. I'll give you fair warning though... I have never played a game through posts before. I'm also a bit rusty, since my main gaming buddy moved out of town several years ago and I haven't gotten back into gaming really since.
[hr]
*Sometimes your the bug, sometimes your the windshield...

Return to “PBP GM Seeking Players”