Passages and Perils

Moderator: Global Moderator

Dr Pepper
Novice

Re: Passages and Perils

Post by Dr Pepper » Fri July 11 08 ; 1 03 pm

Ok, i've advertised my game as suggested, now to post some info in the forum.

Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin

Post by Hypo Luxa » Thu July 17 08 ; 7 07 am

[quote="Olow Non";p="77062"]It might be worth posting a request for anyone with php skills. Just a thought.

Also, on a different matter, would it be possible to eliminate the auto-scrolling of recent posts on the home page? It makes the page load slower and it makes it harder to click the link I want. How about if it was just a non-moving list with a scroll bar on the right?[/quote]

The problem is, I can only get 5 posts in that box if it is static. It wont give me the option to manually scroll. I can have a look at the code and see what I can do.
[align=center]

Image[/align]

Dr Pepper
Novice

Post by Dr Pepper » Thu July 17 08 ; 12 29 pm

5 should be enough. Then have a link to a scrolling popup for the rest.

Dr Pepper
Novice

Post by Dr Pepper » Thu July 17 08 ; 12 30 pm

And i am still looking for players.

Olow Non
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl

Post by Olow Non » Thu July 17 08 ; 12 56 pm

I agree that having the five most recently updated topics displayed statically would be better than 10 that scroll. But perhaps there are some alternatives:

* Could each recently updated topic be listed on one line instead of two? That would allow you to fit twice as many in the given space.

* Could the recently updated topics be split into two columns? You seem to have room for two columns there; the right side is mostly dead space. That would also allow you to fit twice as many in the given space.

Not sure if these are do-able from a coding standpoint, but just thought I'd throw them out there.

Return to “PBP GM Seeking Players”