The big city

Life in Kaer Tarislar has been the same for a millenium, but now a force of terrible evil seeks entrance, and the residents are trapped within. Who within the kaer could face the evil and bring Tarislar back into the light of dawn...?
Geiger
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl

Re: The big city

Post by Geiger » Mon January 16 06 ; 10 36 pm

I was really hoping that this is not the end of our little group. please tell me its not so.

hope to start again soon
Always remember that two days from now tomorrow will be yesterday...and if you're really unlucky, yesterday could be last week.

Tanoc_New
Novice

Post by Tanoc_New » Wed January 18 06 ; 12 32 pm

OOC here we go. Sorry for the delay. Hopefully we can get back on schedule. I am really going to push the game along with this post so if we need to backtrack for something then .... we will work around it.

Also I took some liberties with the shopping lists I will update and send your character files back to you for your viewing pleasure.

Just to recap the cast:
Lhuc
Rem
Th'foor and Th'ail
Dorval

Pingo's request to become a questor of Jaspree is met with a raised eyebrow. "You understand that being a questor is nothing like being a adept?"says a senior Questor. "Being a questor require devotion and discipline. It is a way of life, are you willing to live your life in the honour of Jaspree?"

Pingo acknowledges that she is.

The old man begins again, "Very well little one, tonight you shall become an iniate questor. You will have much work to do to prove yourself to Jaspree."

AT THE INN:

The rest of you get your new gear packed away. Happy with your purchases but the thought of the improtance of your actions in the upcoming days and weeks will mean for your people sobers you somewhat.

You have a nice meal in a private room. Most of the time discussing tomorrows meeting with Captain Doorsplitter.

Dorval interjects, "Don't forget we need to find what they book worms have dug up. Hopefully they have found something useful, a weakness perhaps."

Once the meal is finished you head off to bed knowing you must stop by the Library before your meeting.

AT THE LIBRARY

Having finished you breakfast, and now joined by a very happy Pingo, you head off to the Library. You are greeted by an elf, hearing of your research you are taken to a smaller room with a table and several chairs. "The head researcher will be along shortly" the elf says before he departs.

Five minutes later the researcher you met on you intial visit carrying several scrolls. "Hmm well, my that was a busy week we have had.... didn't find much at first. But luckly for you we stumbled onto some rather old texts. Some hadn't been read since they came to this library...." he rambles on for some time about the history and condition of some of the books.

Finally rem slams his hand down on the table and says "GET ON WITH IT".

The gentleman looks startled, "sorry I thought you might want to know.
The creature's name is Srang Tearshedder. A rather powerful Horror. He has the ability to reanimate the dead, control you through a horror mark and feeds on fear, pain and mourning. According to our records he is suspected to have penetrated the defences of two other kaers."

"The creature is a proficent wizard caster, and capable in Melee combat. He has been forced to run away, once, when he was confronted with a powerful party of namegivers. However, it is quite possible that he is more powerful now then he was then."

Dorval asks "Does the creature have a weakness? How do we kill it?"

The librarian clears his throat "well we really couldn't find anything on that. Though the one time he did run away, he seemed to have an issue with water. Though I am not sure if that is the reason or not."

He gives you some of the scrolls he was carrying documenting the research. "If you ever need our services again, feel free to ask for me, my name is Teddy."

OOC meeting with to follow.

Sandcrawler
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl

Post by Sandcrawler » Wed January 18 06 ; 3 50 pm

Lhuc sits back and his shoulders slump dejectedly. He shakes his head slowly as his companions gather the scrolls, "I was hoping for... more. We knew most of what they found out from our own experience." He smooths back his long, blond hair and sighs, "I have a bad feeling that our foray against this creature is doomed to failure."
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

Geiger

Post by Geiger » Thu January 19 06 ; 12 03 am

Th'foor and thail, look at Lhuc.

Do not be worried fellow kear mate, for we do know more than we did before, for now we have a name and as you know a name is a very powerful thing indeed. Also we know that he can be defeated. well defeated as in to make him run away from our Loved ones.

No No i think this is very good to hear indeed.

All we need to do is find a force of greater Adepts to help us in this journey, i say we get a good nights rest I know all of us have been working very hard this past week with training. and head out to for our meeting tomorrow with the Captain.
Always remember that two days from now tomorrow will be yesterday...and if you're really unlucky, yesterday could be last week.

Sandcrawler

Post by Sandcrawler » Thu January 19 06 ; 9 51 am

Lhuc smiles again, though its a shadow of his usual jovial self, "Of course, Th'foor, you are right. Let us prepare for our meeting with the good captain, and beg of his indulgence with our quest."
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

noreel

Post by noreel » Fri January 20 06 ; 12 06 pm

Water... That hardly seems acurate does it? The totems or whatever the idol thingies were we found were in the sewers. Granted, that would be the last place I would want to go to find Horror items, but there are literaly dozens of loctions in the city above that are dryer and just as concealed than the sewers. It's good that the research did provide something, otherwise I would demand for our moneys back. It may be a safe bet that he/it is no longer weak to water properties

Feeling rather lost at the new information, Rem eagerly hopes that the meating with the captain will provide more positive information to their plight.
Lead us not to temptation, there is enough here already.

darkrevni
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl

Post by darkrevni » Fri January 20 06 ; 10 18 pm

Pingos cheer is infectious, at least with her gull.

"Would it help to find and recruit the adepts who fought the creature last? Perhaps tracking them down or their kin, we can find more of the story. However, elemental water may be the key and not just the wet stuff. Perhaps it needs be blessed?"

Sandcrawler

Post by Sandcrawler » Sun January 22 06 ; 1 14 pm

Lhuc brightens at Pingo's words, "Yes! Of course. Tracking down these heroes or their kin is the answer!" He is far more animated now, full of life. His smile has returned.

"After our meeting, we should use every energy to locate these Adepts. They, of all people, will have the answers we need!"

Geiger

Post by Geiger » Wed February 15 06 ; 11 07 pm

Whats going on guys. its been almost a month since the last post.

darkrevni

Post by darkrevni » Sun February 26 06 ; 10 02 pm

No Idea

Sandcrawler

Post by Sandcrawler » Mon February 27 06 ; 10 45 am

I hereby offer my official resignation from the game. Posting rate is a tad too slow for my tastes.

Any interest here for another ED campaign? I'm game to GM, as I'm only involved in one other campaign right now.

If yes, we'll vote for the flavor. Lemme know by PM.

darkrevni

Post by darkrevni » Tue February 28 06 ; 11 32 am

I'm out, need a bit faster post.

Return to “Earth's Red Dawning”