Spoiler feature

Post any technical difficulty you have with the site

Moderator: Talon

Olow Non
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl

Spoiler feature

Post by Olow Non » Tue July 08 08 ; 1 14 pm

Yesterday I made a post that included a small bit of spoiler text. The spoiler feature worked fine at first, but later I edited the post slightly, and after that the spoiler didn't work. Changing the post back to the way it was didn't help, and deleting the post and cutting'n'pasting it as a new post didn't work either. Ultimately I did the spoiler as a separate post, and that worked fine.

Are there any known bugs/limitations with this feature that I should be aware of? Not sure if this is something that can be fixed, or if I just did something "bad".

Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin

Re: Spoiler feature

Post by Hypo Luxa » Wed July 09 08 ; 5 03 am

I did some testing and I couldn't reproduce the problem. I edited a post with a spoiler many times over and it worked each time. Did you accidentally lose one of the brackets in the spoiler tag when you edited it? If you lose one of these '[' or ']' the tag will not work. It's easy to do. I've done it a million times when editing a post.
[align=center]

Image[/align]

Olow Non
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl

Post by Olow Non » Wed July 09 08 ; 11 16 am

It's certainly possible, but I use html quite a bit, so that wouldn't be my first guess.

I should note that the spoiler button still appeared after I made the edits, but that clicking the spoiler button did not display the spoiler text anymore. I thought perhaps adding too much text to a spoiler via an edit might have been the problem. Sorry, I should have been more clear initially.

If I have time this week, I'll try to reproduce it, and will leave it for you to look at. Otherwise I'll just chalk it up as user error. Thanks.

Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin

Post by Hypo Luxa » Wed July 09 08 ; 11 57 am

ok, that sounds good.
[align=center]

Image[/align]

Return to “Technical Support”