For Hire: The Magi Files I

In every world man must strive against powerful forces. Sometimes he strives for survival, sometimes to harness and use the power. In your world magic rules supreme and technology is all but forgotten. Magic has been a great boon to civilization, however some would use magic to unleash great evil. When evil is unleashed you spring into action, you investigate, neutralize, and seal the evil. You are you're worlds First and last defense against evil powers and the men who seek to use those powers for gain.
Foxtails
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl

Post by Foxtails » Thu April 28 05 ; 6 56 am

Sia sighs. "For all I know about it they could have called us here to kill us, but that seems rather unlikely. By the way what is your line of work Kinaed?"
being lost in Solitude
and seeing a forbidden dream

ChromeUsagi
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl

Post by ChromeUsagi » Thu April 28 05 ; 8 48 am

Kinaed grins again. "Treasure hunting, exorcisms - I do odd jobs. Mostly very odd. I find things that are lost and return other things to where they came from, and if there are complications, I deal with them. What do you do, Sia?"

Foxtails

Post by Foxtails » Thu April 28 05 ; 9 02 am

Sia idly taps her foot. "I'm an odd job person myself, though most of it could probably be summed up as being where I'm not supposed to be and avoiding notice... Nothing as spectacular as exorcism for me... hmm, wonder why they would need both of us?"
being lost in Solitude

ChromeUsagi

Post by ChromeUsagi » Thu April 28 05 ; 7 57 pm

"Who knows? But if they don't show up soon, I might head back to that cafe and have some lunch. Wondering about it now is probably not that useful - we have no information to base it on, apart from the fact that the two of us have been asked along." Kinaed shrugs. "Better to save your energy, I think."

Foxtails

Post by Foxtails » Tue May 03 05 ; 5 11 pm

No sooner does Kinaed speak than a young man comes runnning up. "Uh.. phew... You wouldn't be Kinaed, would you?... and" he pauses for a minute apparently running through a mental list. " Sia? I'm Lugh. Sorry I'm late."
being lost in Solitude

ChromeUsagi

Post by ChromeUsagi » Tue May 03 05 ; 6 26 pm

Kinaed shares a grin with Sia before turning to look at Lugh. "If you're late that's news to us. What exactly are you late for?" he asks with a pointed look on his face.

Foxtails

Post by Foxtails » Wed May 04 05 ; 7 12 pm

Lugh gives Kinaed a rather confused look. "uh you are Kinaed and she is Sia, isn't she?"

Sia stiffles a giggle.
being lost in Solitude

ChromeUsagi

Post by ChromeUsagi » Wed May 04 05 ; 9 41 pm

"Yes." Kinaed sighs. "I'm just trying to find out why you know who we are and why you came looking for us here. I don't know who you are, Lugh - could you enlighten me?"

Foxtails

Post by Foxtails » Thu May 05 05 ; 12 40 pm

"Well, If you are Kinaed, you should have received a letter asking you to come here today."
being lost in Solitude

ChromeUsagi

Post by ChromeUsagi » Thu May 05 05 ; 3 07 pm

"And I did receive a letter, but that letter didn't mention who would be meeting us, exactly when in the day they would be meeting us, or who the letter was from." Kinaed paused. "I suppose now we know the first two answers - can you help me with the last one?"

Foxtails

Post by Foxtails » Thu May 05 05 ; 6 06 pm

"Well, My boss sent the letters.... He represents people with considerable interest in the city." Lugh looks a little nervous. "He would have been here himself, but something came up last night and it fell to me to welcome you. Hence my lateness."
being lost in Solitude

Return to “For Hire”