Is it hot in here or is just that raging infernal...

A group of adventures almost haphazardly thrown together has just entered Parlainth. Their first mission to rescue a young looking woman from cadaver men was successful. When the battle is over, they find that she is not as young as she looks but has lived many generations, more than most people could even imagine living. Sonya has joined this group of brave adventures for now; if she likes them, she might join them fully and make them true Children of the Phoenix.

Given to the entire group is an amulet that, can unlock the secrets to join an ancient order known as the Children of the Phoenix. Sonya is the only surviving member of the true order. The Children of the Phoenix were bastions of light in a time that darkness ruled the lands and to be of the light was not only dangerous but deadly at times.

As the group with their new addition, explore Parlainth in search of three namegivers who have been lost since before The Scourge, they will learn to work together and learn what the amulets truly mean for them. What none of them know, not even Sonya, is that Anaya her spiritual though physical in Parlainth, has been planting the amulets in many different places, and there are others being drawn to Sonya. In addition, there are those powers that wish to capture Sonya and use her powers as a weapon on their enemies.

Moderator: annymfilliu

User avatar
annymfilliu
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun December 05 04 ; 1 19 am
Location: La Junta, Co
Contact:

Is it hot in here or is just that raging infernal...

Post by annymfilliu » Tue March 28 06 ; 12 59 am

With no more questions until you arrive, everyone returns to their racks to sleep. The next morning everyone wakes feeling remarkably fresh alert and ready to start the day.

You soon hear the signal announcing that you have arrived at your destination. Which is odd since you are in colder months, you feel extremely warm. Upon inspection, you see that a section of Haven is on fire, and an airship is dumping water onto it. Everyone is standing at the rails watching as the blaze is put out.

"Well at least it is the slums area and not as populated as the main areas."

"You say that as if the lives of those living there mean nothing."

"No, Anaya, you miss understand me, those areas are sparsely populated, the main area of town, is largely populated. The number of deaths will be less in the slums. That is all I said."

"Very well dear, I shall not push then."

As this interchange passes, the ship finishes docking. The Captain lands beside you and wishes you all a good journey and quest.

As you all leave, the ship you find the main part of the city rustling and bustling as any city does, even with a huge fire, going it is as if no one is worried about the fire. Artisans are working their crafts groups are forming and planning for their next run into Parlainth. There is a large group of fifteen people. Fourteen of the fifteen are surrounding the 15th an Elvin troubadour. The Elf is playing a flute, the music coming from it is alluring and haunting all at the same time. As you join the crowd forming around the Elf, Evalyn seems to be smiling and nodding at some of the fifteen people, who nod and smile back. Suddenly a knife flies amongst the crowd landing at the feet of the Elf. The crowd parts in the direction the knife came from to show an Ork standing at the edge of the ring. The Ork formed a blade and armor from nowhere, and then while yelling in Theran "Russyna", he charges the Elf who has yet to stop playing his song. As the Ork grows close enough the elf jumps straight into the air with a roundhouse kick, and without missing a beat in the song, he planted his foot in the back of the Orks head. Landing again still playing his song, this took on an odd sound that was still alluring, and very much more haunting than before. The Ork lay unconscious at his feet until his song ended. At this time, he bent down and shook the ork, and then in orkish says, "Come brother, we need not fight; I am no longer the one whose name you yelled out." The Ork stood with help from the Elf, though he was dazed and confused from the Elf's words. Evalyn then walked up to the Elf and said, "So Shadowwolf, still confusing the brethren of your spirit I see."

Looking over his shoulder with a mischievous grin Shadowwolf looks to her, "Ahh my Lovely Evalyn, I thought that was you there, how are the twist, or have you long since left your former home?"

"I have not set foot in The Twist for some three years since you and the Marauding Heroes of Havoc asked my help to leave it. Though with this new group of my own, I head back in there, to rescue my brethren as your will one day do for your own."

"Well then I believe you and your new friends have your work cut out for you, but who is this one, I thought you did not like the company of the spirit realm."

"You could say she is my friend's next employer."

"Then you have employed this band to bring your brethren’s rescue? Then what my friend?"

"You know that I have never planed that far ahead, but we will see, I like these few, but I am not sure of their next mission, and if that fire is any evidence of what we face then I am not sure of it all."

"Hrmm, so another group has come to find the fire person. I feel sorry for anyone going after her, no doubt that fire is the result of the latest group. If another fire starts, I am sure Torgak will put a ban on anyone hunting this person. So what edge do you have on the others, I know you Evalyn you wouldn’t even lift a finger to help them if didn’t think there was an edge?”

“That is a secret of the astral my dear Shadowwolf, but let me tell you this; it almost came with a price.” When the comment is made, Evalyn seems to give Anaya, who is visible to all still, a look to kill.

“Very well Evalyn I will grant you your secrets, but just remember none have yet talked to her without feeling the burn and only two have survived that I know of. One of which is blind and the other talks like a mad man of birds of flame.”

During the conversation, you feel many eyes on you and Shadowwolf, one in particular is a young windling male of about average height. He appears to have recently spent a lot of time in the woods as his hair and skin reflect those coloring. He is dressed simply with a suit of small padded leather armor, and no apparent weapons. He seems very interested in your mission around his neck is dangling an amulet clear and in the open that you all know quite well.

(O.O.C. okay Zylarn time to make your intrance, and everyone please welcome a new member… if anyone wants to make any statements at anytime during the above please let me know, and we will see what we can do, also yes everyone can see Anaya here, something about Parlainth/Haven, but only you 4 can hear her.)
Those who underestimate the Power of the Human spirit strengthened by the Holy Spirit, are destined to fail.

Children of the Phoenix - Sonya, and the rest of the world (GM)

User avatar
dragonphoenix
Novice
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat November 12 05 ; 12 52 pm

Re: Is it hot in here or is just that raging infernal...

Post by dragonphoenix » Tue March 28 06 ; 1 38 pm

The young wildling has been watching the goings on between the ork and elf. As the elf begins talking to the others, his attention is kept. One might call it an interested look, as he flits over to a post and sits on it, trying to listen in. After all might be considered rude to just jump into the middle of things. He doesn't want people trying to kill him just yet after all, haven't had a good adventure yet. He almost looks to be waiting for a proper moment to jump in, well might happen sooner than he wants depending on if he is noticed.

User avatar
darkrevni
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl
Posts: 437
Joined: Sun July 04 04 ; 8 17 am
Location: Lafayette, LA, US

Re: Is it hot in here or is just that raging infernal...

Post by darkrevni » Wed March 29 06 ; 1 51 am

Thomas carefully settles his dark robes around his thin frame as he watches the crowd. Trying to stay non-plused as so much is going on is difficult, but he focuses his attention on the brother elf as he plays his song.

zork1974
Gamer|Gamer Guy|Gamer Girl
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu February 17 05 ; 7 50 pm

Re: Is it hot in here or is just that raging infernal...

Post by zork1974 » Fri March 31 06 ; 5 03 pm

Grollic will shift from foot to foot and quietly ask the group, "Shouldn't we be helping with the fire? I know that is not our mission, nor is this our town, but if that fire rages unchecked, then it could spread to all of Haven with just the right wind shift. Then we would have no base to return to when we complete the rescue. Or is it already under control?"

The dwarf warrior tries to remain focused on the discussion at hand, but his attention intermittently flickers over in the direction of the blaze, as if constantly reminding himself that it is not growing bigger with each passing moment.

Charles
"Quando Omni Flunkus Mortati"
--Red Green

User avatar
annymfilliu
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun December 05 04 ; 1 19 am
Location: La Junta, Co
Contact:

Re: Is it hot in here or is just that raging infernal...

Post by annymfilliu » Fri March 31 06 ; 6 44 pm

Shadowwolf looks over to Grollic and smiles as an old one does at a youngster, "worry not my firend, that ship is loaded with water and will refill as much as is needed, and from the look of the smoke that will not be much longer. If you are looking for the young lady that would probably be your best bet, The captain told me that he had seen some one in there just a short while ago. Strangest thing to, he said she looked the same as a young lady that droped this the other night after a concert." With that he hands a bad to Evalyn. On the bag is a hand carved emblem similar to the amulet that each of you are wearing. The bad is familur to each of you as the bag that had been handed to Anaya in the dream she showed you.

Zylarn, the image you see on the bag is the same as the amulet you are wearing as well.
Those who underestimate the Power of the Human spirit strengthened by the Holy Spirit, are destined to fail.

Children of the Phoenix - Sonya, and the rest of the world (GM)

User avatar
darkrevni
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl
Posts: 437
Joined: Sun July 04 04 ; 8 17 am
Location: Lafayette, LA, US

Re: Is it hot in here or is just that raging infernal...

Post by darkrevni » Fri March 31 06 ; 7 14 pm

Thomas gives a nod and waiting for Grollic, shakes his head as he reattunes for Bone dance and experiance Death.

As soon as Grollic heads out, Thomas follows.

User avatar
dragonphoenix
Novice
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat November 12 05 ; 12 52 pm

Re: Is it hot in here or is just that raging infernal...

Post by dragonphoenix » Sat April 01 06 ; 2 27 am

Zylarn blinks a bit as he realizes that the bag has the same emblem as the amulet that he found. He flits a bit closer to them, "Hello." he says in a cheery voice, "Where ya going?" He seems the type to just be full of energy.

boneguard
Gamer|Gamer Guy|Gamer Girl
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue February 08 05 ; 4 12 pm
Location: Gatineau (Quebec) Canada

Post by boneguard » Sat April 01 06 ; 3 21 pm

"Slay some Horrors hopefully" Wengar simply reply to the windling. " and you?"

User avatar
darkrevni
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl
Posts: 437
Joined: Sun July 04 04 ; 8 17 am
Location: Lafayette, LA, US

Re: Is it hot in here or is just that raging infernal...

Post by darkrevni » Sun April 02 06 ; 4 35 pm

"Well we can call ourselves Nanny of the Phoenix" he says irreverently. "So you got roped into this as well," He says talking to the windling.

"I hear it isn't good to flash the symbol, might want to put it away. I am Thomas Zyquill Errant Nethermancer. I am hunting a horror who killed my friends, the trail has grown cold and I need coin so I joined up with these others." He says, keeping out the part of being offered the job after turning in his tale with the library.

Pulling three scraps of tanned flesh out of his bag he shows the mark of the horror he hunts. "I don't expect you to recognize the mark, but if you see it, I am hunting it." His voice holds no fear, that was given up while he trekked in the snow alone, attacked by illusions and spectres.

"This is a fascinating town, I must admit. So you speak of a second party that hunted her. Why do you phrase it hunting her? Who were those that survived? Adepts I imagine. Where are they being held? A local sanitarium?" Thomas takes in the facts and runs analysis on what he finds.

User avatar
dragonphoenix
Novice
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat November 12 05 ; 12 52 pm

Re: Is it hot in here or is just that raging infernal...

Post by dragonphoenix » Mon April 03 06 ; 2 31 pm

Zylarn cocks his head to the side, "Roped into what? This?" he holds up the amulet, "I just found it, seemed right to have it and the animals liked it." he shrugs a bit.

He looks at the mark, "nope, but then never seen one before. Sounds like a big adventure. Just what I am looking for."

He looks at Wengar, "well looks like I am going with you."

He bows to them all, "I am Zylarn Mistwalker, wandering Beastmaster, and that is Reglor." he says as he whistles and a warhound comes through the crowd, laden with a bit of gear as Zylarn flits over and lands on him.

zork1974
Gamer|Gamer Guy|Gamer Girl
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu February 17 05 ; 7 50 pm

Re: Is it hot in here or is just that raging infernal...

Post by zork1974 » Mon April 03 06 ; 3 33 pm

Grollic will grunt in reply, though not rudely, "Grollic. Warrior adept. Looking to build my legend through battle." With a slight expression of thought, as if his mind is elsewhere, he adds, "Conversation's not my strength. I like to stay focused."

Eager for clues to this mission, Grollic will start to march off towards the blaze, eyes darting this way and that way, as if expecting brigands or fire-monsters at any second.

Charles
"Quando Omni Flunkus Mortati"
--Red Green

User avatar
annymfilliu
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun December 05 04 ; 1 19 am
Location: La Junta, Co
Contact:

Re: Is it hot in here or is just that raging infernal...

Post by annymfilliu » Wed April 05 06 ; 4 08 pm

Shadowwolf looks towards Thomas, "Yes Haven is a wonderful place, all the comforts one needs before setting off into Parlainth. As for the other group hunting her, yes there was another group, in fact there have been many other groups before you. None have done well and as I said there were have only been two survivors that I know of and one is blind and the other is mad. You might be able to find them with the Questors of Garlen. As for their Adept status I am not sure. There are two groups here in the tavern who are also hear to find, hunt, whatever you want to call it her. My understanding is that there are three Patrons highering groups to find her, one wants her dead or alive, one wants her in shackles and very much alive, to be used as a weapon, and the other just wants her found before she cuases anymore deaths."

Evalyn looks over towards Zylarn with a smile, "Greetings Zylarn, we welcome any help that you might provide us, and it seems are esteemed guid here," points at Anaya, "has endead looped you into our little group."

After saying that and without waiting for a reply, she walks of towards Grollic, and takes his arm in hers, "Grollic dear, you really must relax some, Haven and Parlainth aren't going anywhere. Trust me I traveled the Twist for years till I ran into Shadowwolf and his friends. They were searching the Twist for treasure and found some good stuff, then lost their way, which is easy to do in the twist without a good map, like this one," she picks up her arm left arm and show the underside where there is a map that slowly changes as the two of you walk on towards Haven. "If I hadn't been in there playing that day the world would have never heard of the Marauding Heros of Havoc. I helped them leave the twist and Shadowwolf convinced me to stay out and see the rest of the world. That is when I felt my friends awakening, I guess the old nethermancer put something in us to help us know where and what each other were, and were doing and feeling."

(BTW Grollic, and Wengar would have heard of the Marauding Heros of Havoc, they are status 3 Legends after all... and their Horror count is 26 defeated one actually killed.)

Anaya (the spirit) looks over to Zylarn, "Greetings young one, hrrm I did not pass that to you, where did you find it?"

(ok Evalyn and Grollic are heading towards the slums and the blaze with Thomas following, Wengar and Zylarn what are you doing, Zylarn Anaya seems to be going to follow you while waiting for your answer.)
Those who underestimate the Power of the Human spirit strengthened by the Holy Spirit, are destined to fail.

Children of the Phoenix - Sonya, and the rest of the world (GM)

User avatar
dragonphoenix
Novice
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat November 12 05 ; 12 52 pm

Re: Is it hot in here or is just that raging infernal...

Post by dragonphoenix » Wed April 05 06 ; 9 25 pm

Zylarn nods a bit and starts to ride his war hound in the direction the other two are heading. He looks at Anaya, "I haven't a clue where it came from, it just looked cool so I put it on and my friends liked it." he shrugs a bit, "The animals that is." he giggles a little, "They all are my friends." He bounces a little in the saddle that is on the hound, and it looks like the hound is used to it.

User avatar
darkrevni
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl
Posts: 437
Joined: Sun July 04 04 ; 8 17 am
Location: Lafayette, LA, US

Re: Is it hot in here or is just that raging infernal...

Post by darkrevni » Fri April 07 06 ; 8 08 pm

Thomas doesn't blink as the windling mounts his dog. 'At least he isn't riding a parrot.' He thinks back to one of his slain friends.

Shaking himself out of it, he rearranges his robes and follows the others.

User avatar
annymfilliu
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun December 05 04 ; 1 19 am
Location: La Junta, Co
Contact:

Re: Is it hot in here or is just that raging infernal...

Post by annymfilliu » Mon April 10 06 ; 2 29 pm

O.O.C. To keep the game I am going to assume that Wengar is following the group.

I.C.

As the group nears the Slums you woman comes rushing out, in a big hurry. and you hear the clamor and yells of quite a few people behind her. As she nears the group you see a young woman of around her early 20's with Flame orange/blue/red/white hair flowing long behind her, and red sparkeled obsidian eyes. she is wearing an overly large tunic that is barely hanging on her body and some very worn soft shoes. You see no weapons and there isn't any where she could be hiding them, the only thing that looks out of place are the amazing looking gloves that cover both her hands. They are strands of mettle twisted togeather and spiraling around her hands and wrist.

Anaya starts as the woman comes running out then yell, "Sonya, stop."

The woman stops and looks at the group, seeing Anaya a hint of recollection flares in her eyes, at first there is rage, then she run streight for the group with fright in her eyes. As she nears the group her eyes fall on Zylarn and seeing the amulet hanging around his neck, stops dead in her tracks. Then runs in the oppiste direction for Parlainth.

Just as she turns a Large group of mixed namegivers comes running out of the slums with clubs, knives, and other assorted weapons and objects. You are directly in between the group and their prey.

Suddenly Sonya finds a gust of energy and is to the whole in the wall heading into The Twist.

Seeing this the large group slowly comes to a stop as the mob starts to dwindle. You hear people saying, "the twist will take care of her, she will never make it out of there."

Anaya who had been watching Sonya run away, with what you think were tears in her eyes, looks back to the group and says, "Well it seems the two missions are now at least in the same location." She smiles a dead very sad looking smile, and starts to walk/float in the direction of The Twist with her head hanging down like the wait of centuries of obligation was hanging from her neck.
Those who underestimate the Power of the Human spirit strengthened by the Holy Spirit, are destined to fail.

Children of the Phoenix - Sonya, and the rest of the world (GM)

Post Reply

Return to “Children Of the Phoenix”