The Rescue

A group of adventures almost haphazardly thrown together has just entered Parlainth. Their first mission to rescue a young looking woman from cadaver men was successful. When the battle is over, they find that she is not as young as she looks but has lived many generations, more than most people could even imagine living. Sonya has joined this group of brave adventures for now; if she likes them, she might join them fully and make them true Children of the Phoenix.

Given to the entire group is an amulet that, can unlock the secrets to join an ancient order known as the Children of the Phoenix. Sonya is the only surviving member of the true order. The Children of the Phoenix were bastions of light in a time that darkness ruled the lands and to be of the light was not only dangerous but deadly at times.

As the group with their new addition, explore Parlainth in search of three namegivers who have been lost since before The Scourge, they will learn to work together and learn what the amulets truly mean for them. What none of them know, not even Sonya, is that Anaya her spiritual though physical in Parlainth, has been planting the amulets in many different places, and there are others being drawn to Sonya. In addition, there are those powers that wish to capture Sonya and use her powers as a weapon on their enemies.

Moderator: annymfilliu

boneguard
Gamer|Gamer Guy|Gamer Girl
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue February 08 05 ; 4 12 pm
Location: Gatineau (Quebec) Canada

Post by boneguard » Sun August 06 06 ; 7 07 am

with Sonya safely taken away, Wengar retreats while still keeping himself betwen the dragon and the group.

User avatar
annymfilliu
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun December 05 04 ; 1 19 am
Location: La Junta, Co
Contact:

Re: The Rescue

Post by annymfilliu » Mon August 21 06 ; 7 08 am

As you all make yourselves comfortable in the alcove, spirits start to dance about the room, or are standing at banquette tables picking up invisible foods and drinks, everyone starts to realize they are hungry. Evalyn seems to be staring off in the direction that you were headed, her eyes glowing a soft blue, while her lips move as if she is talking to someone.

Finally looking around, Sonya watches as Thomas grabs items for his magic, a femur here a forearm there. She visibly quivers with disgust for his type of magic and looks back as Tomoko asks her question, "I am not sure Tomoko, the deathwalkers magic is as foreign to me as their language is to you. Not to mention disgusting. Where is Anaya, has she deserted me again?"
Those who underestimate the Power of the Human spirit strengthened by the Holy Spirit, are destined to fail.

Children of the Phoenix - Sonya, and the rest of the world (GM)

User avatar
darkrevni
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl
Posts: 437
Joined: Sun July 04 04 ; 8 17 am
Location: Lafayette, LA, US

Re: The Rescue

Post by darkrevni » Tue August 22 06 ; 2 45 am

The tall capering elf softly sings to himself, the bells on his shoes making the sight that much more... wrong.

"Thigh bone is connected to the knee bone, is connected to the neck of squirrel and rib of pig..." he sings to himself

After some time he nods to himself and watches as the bone spirit is drawn into his working. Then spreading out his gear he opens a small flask of spirits and toasting the dancing spirits he takes a swig of the moonshined grape peelings in the flask.

"Grappa... mmm" He relishes the octane and puts away the flask and then begins fixing a small meal of a moldy cheeze, a tough strip of meat, and a hard looking cracker.

The ease at which this is done and the relish in which he eats makes evident that 'this' has been the normal state of business for a long time.

Finishing his meal, he wraps what is left of the cheeze in the sock he pulled it from, and pulling out his notebook he begins writing down nethermantic notes; making sketches of faces, and listening with a callous ear to their whispers.

zork1974
Gamer|Gamer Guy|Gamer Girl
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu February 17 05 ; 7 50 pm

Re: The Rescue

Post by zork1974 » Tue August 22 06 ; 8 35 am

Grollic will be visibly disturbed by the Bone Circle. He'll ask, "Will that...thing...really keep us safe from those ghosts? Be honest. I don't relish joining them before my time." He'll pause a moment before adding, "Or ever".

The shaken Dwarf will observe his surroundings carefully to be sure nobody and nothing can sneak up on the group.

Charles
"Quando Omni Flunkus Mortati"
--Red Green

User avatar
darkrevni
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl
Posts: 437
Joined: Sun July 04 04 ; 8 17 am
Location: Lafayette, LA, US

Re: The Rescue

Post by darkrevni » Fri August 25 06 ; 3 32 pm

Thomas looks up from his brief meal and gives a wane grin.

"Bone circle gives me a bone spirit, good against the coporial. I do it to stay in shape. I also like to build one in interesting places.

As for the dancers...

Looks like fun if a bit boring. Do you think I have his chin right? Will help in identifying the spirits. That is if the library has pictures... but that brow... quite unique bone structure..."

His attention returns to the dancers.

boneguard
Gamer|Gamer Guy|Gamer Girl
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue February 08 05 ; 4 12 pm
Location: Gatineau (Quebec) Canada

Post by boneguard » Sat September 02 06 ; 6 30 am

Relaxing a bit but without letting his guard down: "so how long will your Circle will last?" he ask Thomas, "Also we should put watch agains't physical threats."

User avatar
darkrevni
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl
Posts: 437
Joined: Sun July 04 04 ; 8 17 am
Location: Lafayette, LA, US

Re: The Rescue

Post by darkrevni » Sun September 17 06 ; 3 52 am

Thomas Shruggs, "A year, a day. Long enough to be useful... and the bone spirit is ONLY useful against the living. I'll have to struggle with anything undead."

Thomas turns his attention to the dancers and reattunes for Undead struggle.

"So Wengar what made you want to visit this place of mystery?" Thomas asks.

boneguard
Gamer|Gamer Guy|Gamer Girl
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue February 08 05 ; 4 12 pm
Location: Gatineau (Quebec) Canada

Post by boneguard » Sun September 17 06 ; 7 38 am

"Quit simple really" Wengar replies to Dav inquiry, " the Horror. What better place for a Horror Stalker to perdform his task to rid the world of Horror then in the pit itself. "

A masure of pride can be seen his his face and by the way he stand strait as he speak of his trade.

User avatar
annymfilliu
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun December 05 04 ; 1 19 am
Location: La Junta, Co
Contact:

Re: The Rescue

Post by annymfilliu » Mon October 02 06 ; 5 21 pm

OOC: Sorry I took so long to post, I was hoping every one would talk to each other, I was hoping that you all would work in character to get to know each other and become a good group.


As the group sets their watches, and those not on watch attempt to get some sleep. Soon the only person who can manage to remain awake is Tomoko, everyone else falls into a deep sleep. As Tomoko stands guard she watches the group tossing and turning as if they are locked in a nightmare that will not end. Mean while the music grows louder and the dancers fall full swing into the climax of the ball. Tomoko starts to hear the dancers talking and can understand them as they are speaking Thearan. They are talking about he eventual trip into the other plane to hide from the horrors. After a while you notice that the group is tossing vary violently and in unison, as if they are all having the same dream.

OOC: More to Come
Those who underestimate the Power of the Human spirit strengthened by the Holy Spirit, are destined to fail.

Children of the Phoenix - Sonya, and the rest of the world (GM)

User avatar
annymfilliu
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun December 05 04 ; 1 19 am
Location: La Junta, Co
Contact:

Re: The Rescue

Post by annymfilliu » Tue October 03 06 ; 11 16 am

Those of you in the group feel yourselves drawn into a deep sleep, and soon you start to dream. You are seeing things from a view that you have looked through before, it is Anaya's. She is fighting with dragon that is even larger than her and looks like it might even be undead, or at least so old that it's scales seem to shed off leaving him looking raggedy and disgusting. Despite the way he looks he still seems to be fighting with a vigour and strength common to a large great dragon. As you struggle with him, he knocks you back onto your back and then jumps on top of you. As he lands all the air is knocked from your chest and you find it hard to get more air in to replace what you lost, you struggle to push him off of you, but find that he is far to heavy. You also learn that your left shoulder has already been slashed deeply, not by claws but by magic. The cut goes deep into your shoulder and your could swear that you even feel it is your soul. Any use of your left arm is excruciating, and not being able to breath makes the pain even worse.

Your attention is drawn to the greater dragon above you, and through your pain you hear him say, "... I told you then that I would come for you and her, what right do you have to bar me from her, she is mine, it is my blood that saved her that day not yours. You were never anything, only by luck did you take my claw that day. Now you will die and I will return to that world and take her back, she is mine you halfling wrech, you are nothing, and now you will die." Just then his weight is lifted from your body just enough that you can pull air in, but it is almost to late, as he is also bring in his breath, and you can smell the acrid chemicals forming in his mouth and nostrils, you know that without a doubt you are dead.

Suddenly time pauses as if someone hit the pause button of life, and all those dreaming hear Anaya's voice, "Good bye my children, please take care of Sonya she is a very special young lady. I will miss you all, and I now fulfill my oath to your Mother Sonya." With that you are no longer seeing things from Anaya's point of view, but as a spectator looking on from above, and you see that Anaya has pulled in as much air as her lungs can hold, then time moves again as it does, and she lets out her own blast of fire into the open mouth of the greater dragon. her blast and the chemicals forming in his mouth explode and you flinch and look away from the brightness of a large fire ball that encompasses the entire room the fight happened in.

You all awaken it is morning and Tomoko is exausted from a night of watching all of you struggle with your nightmare, and the dead dancers enjoying their ball. You all know in your hearts that Anaya though already dead to life, she has given her unlife as well to save Sonya. Sonya is curled up in a tight ball, crying and sobbing. She almost looks like the child that Anaya saw when she looked at her.

The room is empty now but for the bones and instruments, hearts are low, moral is low, still there are three namegivers trapped in cocoons, waiting to be rescued. Evalyn is up and moving performing some sort of ritual that none of you have ever seen. The shadows around her dance and move with her. Soon you see a story unfold, it is the story of Anaya's last moments the act of giving her life for all of you.

Tomoko, you have only seen once anything like this, it is a death dance to honor a fallen comrade, you saw a young monk doing it after the massacre of your village, the dance is enthralling, even without knowing their language you learn the story of Anaya's last moments.

As the dance ends you see the shadows become shadows again, Evalyn sits in the middle of the ballroom, her body moving as if she is crying, but not a sound is heard from her.

OOC: Okay thoughts, anyone else want to honor Anaya? Soon we move on to rescue the three experiments, and then on to bigger things, and legends to build.
Those who underestimate the Power of the Human spirit strengthened by the Holy Spirit, are destined to fail.

Children of the Phoenix - Sonya, and the rest of the world (GM)

zork1974
Gamer|Gamer Guy|Gamer Girl
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu February 17 05 ; 7 50 pm

Re: The Rescue

Post by zork1974 » Thu October 05 06 ; 2 08 pm

Grollic will pull himself up slowly, as if his sleepiness was a large weight. He rubs the crust fro his eyes and discreetly wipes the salt trails from his face.

He will state in a forced voice, "If that dream was true, then that was one brake lady. I say that her sacrifice will not be in vain. We WILL complete this quest. Our people WILL be rescued. Sonya WILL be taken to safety. I will see this mission succeed even if I must see every last drop of my own blood spilled."

Grollic will draw his sword and grip it tightly. He thuds his clenched fist to his chest in a salute.

Charles
"Quando Omni Flunkus Mortati"
--Red Green

User avatar
darkrevni
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl
Posts: 437
Joined: Sun July 04 04 ; 8 17 am
Location: Lafayette, LA, US

Re: The Rescue

Post by darkrevni » Wed October 18 06 ; 9 27 pm

Thomas watches the dance with an educated eye. He nods to himself as he recounts the tale in his journal. The face of Anaya, the tale of her death, the specter of the corrupted dragon. He then makes final notes and sketches what he can of the others into his book: their glances, their bone structure, their words and their tale.

Working out a kink in his neck he does a few moments of awkward looking calisthenics, “I designed them myself,” he says answering the unspoken question, “It stretches certain ligaments that are useful in crafting certain Nethermantic items. I don’t want to go to waste you know.”

Finally limbered up he looks over at Sonya in a ball. Coldly he states, “can someone please comfort the poor child, even I can see she needs human companionship right now.”

His voice changes capriciously as he turns to Grollic, “So Grollic you had the dream as well. What do you make of it?”
Last edited by darkrevni on Sat October 21 06 ; 5 40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zork1974
Gamer|Gamer Guy|Gamer Girl
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu February 17 05 ; 7 50 pm

Re: The Rescue

Post by zork1974 » Thu October 19 06 ; 6 06 pm

Grollic will scratch his bearded chin and muse, "It was too real and too relevant to be just chance. Therefore, I suggest it's some kind of message. Perhaps it was from the lady we saw, or maybe it was from the Passions as a kind of warning. They may be telling us of our own future if we follow the same path. I think we should continue our current mission. What say you, friend Wengar?"

Charles
"Quando Omni Flunkus Mortati"
--Red Green

User avatar
darkrevni
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl
Posts: 437
Joined: Sun July 04 04 ; 8 17 am
Location: Lafayette, LA, US

Re: The Rescue

Post by darkrevni » Sat October 21 06 ; 5 39 pm

Thomas nods at Grollic’s words, “So you believe fate is stronger than luck and that the passions are real and take a real and active role in our lives. Very strong world views.”

He makes notes in his journal, “My world view is that the strongest force in the world is change, and thus Lady Luck is stronger than the Three Ladies Fate. On the other hand Horrors are real and revel in the ability to… take a real and active role in our lives. Just as strong a view, though some would see it as pessimistic and more capricious. I do agree with the final assessment that we should follow this to its end. I hope the path leads to a horror, so I can record its death.

Yes… and you Wagner, what have you to say?”

boneguard
Gamer|Gamer Guy|Gamer Girl
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue February 08 05 ; 4 12 pm
Location: Gatineau (Quebec) Canada

Re: The Rescue

Post by boneguard » Sat October 28 06 ; 9 28 am

[quote="zork1974";p="67492"]Grollic will scratch his bearded chin and muse, "It was too real and too relevant to be just chance. Therefore, I suggest it's some kind of message. Perhaps it was from the lady we saw, or maybe it was from the Passions as a kind of warning. They may be telling us of our own future if we follow the same path. I think we should continue our current mission. What say you, friend Wengar?"

Charles[/quote]

poundering what he had saw and what had been said by the others. "I think you might be right about this. I still would recommend to be careful, we are, after all, in the worse place on all of Barsaive."

Post Reply

Return to “Children Of the Phoenix”