Choices to make

A group of adventures almost haphazardly thrown together has just entered Parlainth. Their first mission to rescue a young looking woman from cadaver men was successful. When the battle is over, they find that she is not as young as she looks but has lived many generations, more than most people could even imagine living. Sonya has joined this group of brave adventures for now; if she likes them, she might join them fully and make them true Children of the Phoenix.

Given to the entire group is an amulet that, can unlock the secrets to join an ancient order known as the Children of the Phoenix. Sonya is the only surviving member of the true order. The Children of the Phoenix were bastions of light in a time that darkness ruled the lands and to be of the light was not only dangerous but deadly at times.

As the group with their new addition, explore Parlainth in search of three namegivers who have been lost since before The Scourge, they will learn to work together and learn what the amulets truly mean for them. What none of them know, not even Sonya, is that Anaya her spiritual though physical in Parlainth, has been planting the amulets in many different places, and there are others being drawn to Sonya. In addition, there are those powers that wish to capture Sonya and use her powers as a weapon on their enemies.

Moderator: annymfilliu

User avatar
annymfilliu
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun December 05 04 ; 1 19 am
Location: La Junta, Co
Contact:

Re: Choices to make

Post by annymfilliu » Wed May 23 07 ; 7 18 pm

As the spell fades, Garik the swordmaster, gets to his feet, with an agility that seems almost unnatural. With Grollic occupied with trying to keep his feet, the swordmaster does an amazing leap with a flip and lands just in front of the retreating Sonya, causing her to fall back, hitting her head on the hard icy surface, and Garik lets himself fall forward and he lands next to Sonya, while pulling out a dagger. As Sonya’s head hits the ice, Grollic, Thomas and Wengar feels a sharp pain in the back of their heads, so painful that they loose consciousness. As the ork is hit by Thomas’ spirit dart, which enrages him, he gives up trying to get up and walks over on his knees and tries to attack Thomas, who is falling. As Thomas falls his feet, fly up and hit the ork under the chin knocking him backwards. Wengar falls forwards and pierces the merc who was still standing with his sword and then falls on top of him. (Poor little human) Deroj’s sword still stuck to through the mercenary and into the ice, he backs off the ice and waits to see what is going to happen trying to look innocent. Scarron holds his spear on the other mercenary who slide passed Deroj. As this all happens, a hawkhatchet flies into the fray and cuts the Garik’s hand with the dagger in it off. The last mercenary drops his sword, puts his hands in the air, and just lays there on the ice.

Deroj and Scarron

From the edge of the fray, comes running in Shadowwolf, followed by Torgak and his deputies, one of which stopped and cast dispel magic on the icy surface.

Shadowwolf calls out, "Scarron, Deroj, come help get these four we'll take them to my ship, and get them out of here and to safety. I would suggest you mercenaries back off from these people they are under my protection and I am sure Torgak here has plans for the rest of you."

Just then the swordmaster whose arms are still bleeding, looks over at Shadowwolf and in Theran says, "Russyna, what do you think you are doing, these are my bounties, I am just doing my job."

In common Shadowwolf replies, "Garik you fool, I am not who you think I am, Russyna is dead, and hopefully more of you theran slavers will die at the hands of Lochust's followers. Now Garik it would be wise to go with Torgak and his deputies, so that your wounds can be seen to, that is unless you wish to die."

"I won't give you the pleasure of seeing me die, traitor, these barbarians won't keep me long, and this will be taken care of soon enough."

(In an old western John Wayne, style voice) Stepping up, Torgak says, "Don't ya be worryin 'bout these here, we barbarians know how to keep Slavers under lock and key."

Smiling Shadowwolf says, "I have no worries about that Torgak, I remember my stay in your cells a few years ago, after a particualrly brash brawl my friends and I got into at the Restless Troll. I leave them in your capable hands. Come Deroj, Scarron I think our friends here have had a brush with destiny and will need our assisstance when they wake up." Then raising his voice to be heard over the crowd, Skeeter, get Arlaina, we are leave Haven, and going back home to Altar for a bit."

A young t’skrang drops out of the tree near where Arlaina is playing. With a carefull flourish, and bow the young T'Skrang bows to Arlaina who stops mid song, and both start running towards you and stops. After catching her breath, Arlaina looks up at Torgak and says, "Mr. Torgak thank you for letting me sing in your city, I have really enjoyed it.”

“Well little Lady, we have also enjoyed having you here, your voice has been a rose among thorns here in Haven.”

Blushing completely Arlaina runs behind Skeeter and hides giggling as little girls do.

Looking down at Arlaina, Shadowwolf smiles yes, Torgak thank you for the stay here in Haven, but if you don’t mind, I’ll call my ship over and we will be getting these four out of here.”

“That will be fine Shadowwolf, just give us a minute to clear some room.”

That said Torgak and his deputies not watching the slaver and mercs, starts to clear the area, for Shadowwolf’s ship to land. As it lands, some of the crew jump over and come to help lift the four unconscious people.

Scarron, while picking up Sonya, you notice an amulet under her tunic; it looks exactly like the one you are looking for.

After getting everyone loaded, Shadowwolf invites Scarron and Deroj, up on deck to watch the launch. As you launch there is a loud noise out in the middle of Parlainth proper. Two large crystal obelisks start to rise from the middle of Parlainth. One is green and the other is red. When they stop rising, a loud vibration sounds from them, and the soon they explode as two dragons start to unfold themselves and stretch one green from the green obelisk and a red from the other obelisk. The red one is missing a claw. They start to battle, and the fighting is fierce and just as much on the ground as in the sky, when on the ground they are better than a wrecking crew, as they totally demolish buildings. You find yourself hoping that no one was in them. As the fighting continues Shadowwolf’s ship starts to move over where the Obelisk were and you see a hole in the ground and standing there are the four adventurers whose bodies lie in a room below your feet. Then the ships starts to move away and you cannot see them anymore as they are blocked by the lip of the hole.

Thomas, Wengar, and Grollic

As the pain fills your heads to the point that they feel that they must explode, your minds blank out into unconsciousness. You start to see a dream and you know that all of you are here, as each of you sees the other two and Sonya standing next to you. You see in front of you two large dragons fighting, one you know without doubt is Anaya, and the other though you have never seen his full form, you know is the dragon from Sonya’s past. The three of you hear Sonya say, “I am sorry Auntie, I was wrong not to listen to you, all this time wasted, if I could help you I would, but I am not yet ready to battle him. I don’t think any of us are.” Just then, both dragons bite each other’s necks and both scream in pain while breathing fire into each other’s wounds. Then both dragons seem to fade from existence. Then the ground you are standing on starts to shake. As you look around you know you notice that you are in a large cavern. Soon the ceiling starts to cave in, you try to move as large pieces of the ceiling fall, but you find that they fall through you. Although it does scare you quite a bit, you are not harmed and once the pieces come to a rest on the cave floor, you find that you are now standing on top of them. Above you see a familiar site of the sky above Parlainth. You also see two Obelisks rising up out of the ground above you, one green and one red. When they stop rising, a loud vibration sounds from them, and the soon they explode as two dragons start to unfold themselves and stretch one green from the green obelisk and a red from the other obelisk. The red one is missing a claw. They start to battle, and the fighting is fierce and just as much on the ground as in the sky. You see Shadowwolf’s ship fly over the hole, and three faces looking down at you as the ship keeps moving, but you know that you will see them again as you know that your bodies are on the ship, then the cavern starts to fade, and you drift off into emptiness. After a few hours, you wake up on the ship, groggy and sore, but healthy. You still unsure of what happened, but what ever it was, it happened.

(Okay, everyone you are on Shadowwolf’s ship, and heading towards Altar, which is by Death’s Sea, it is about a week’s journey. There is a large hold full of water that they plan to dump while over empty land, so Scarron there is plenty of water to play in, but you have to share with the few other T’Skrang on board. Everyone is awake and you have a week to work on your disciplines, and meet each other. Wengar, Thomas, and Grollic, for everything that has happened, you have earned a total of 4200 LP. I will try to award LP a little more often than I have been. There are people on board the ship that can train all of you including you Thomas, the ships physician is a nethermancer, and while he doesn’t seem to have a strong grasp on reality, he is still a good trainer, not to mention he is free. After you figure out where that will put you get with me via email or IM and let me know where you are at, then send me a copy of the updated characters. Also, please use this time to get to know each other work on your characters and relationships. Starting Sunday I will be moving us on into a new quest, also from now on every Sunday I will advance the game so we don’t die of stagnation… also old folk please welcome our new players.)
Those who underestimate the Power of the Human spirit strengthened by the Holy Spirit, are destined to fail.

Children of the Phoenix - Sonya, and the rest of the world (GM)

Abelard
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon April 16 07 ; 1 03 pm
Location: Albany, NY

Re: Choices to make

Post by Abelard » Thu May 24 07 ; 9 05 pm

Should we do our conversing here, or in PM's copying the GM, or what?

User avatar
annymfilliu
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun December 05 04 ; 1 19 am
Location: La Junta, Co
Contact:

Re: Choices to make

Post by annymfilliu » Thu May 24 07 ; 9 53 pm

Good question was going to have you do it in here, but now I will make a new thread called "on SW's Ship"
Those who underestimate the Power of the Human spirit strengthened by the Holy Spirit, are destined to fail.

Children of the Phoenix - Sonya, and the rest of the world (GM)

Post Reply

Return to “Children Of the Phoenix”