On their way

In a time when Vampires fight against the Living for superiority, one group has been destined by fate to bring an end to the war... Whether it be in favor of the Living or the Dead hangs on their own choices.
Gingerbread Guy
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Mon April 25 05 ; 5 58 pm

Tolly shrugs, knowing he can't win an argument with Merrick. "Alright, but don't go too far," he says.

The "old man" stretches out the kinks in his back as he waits for the area to be scouted.

Uvuriel03
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
RPGHQ Founder / Admin

Post by Uvuriel03 » Wed April 27 05 ; 3 50 pm

Merric follows the cat into the forested area. He follows the streaks of black that dart in and out of the trees, and the bell that constantly tinkles with it's movement. He follows it almost to the edge of how far he's willing to stray, when suddenly he hears a female voice.

"Help me! Somebody! Anybody, please! Help me!!"

((Only Merric can hear this.))
Last edited by Uvuriel03 on Thu April 28 05 ; 8 58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kord

Post by Kord » Wed April 27 05 ; 5 56 pm

Merrick quickly puts all his senses on alert and approaches the direction of the sound stealthily, he trys to feel if any Vampires are within 60 feet. He will approach only if there are none and only to the point till he can spot what is going on.

Morion Ava-lintitinwe
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl

Post by Morion Ava-lintitinwe » Thu April 28 05 ; 9 02 am

Sarah stared at Merrick's back as he left. He'll go search, I need my rest. Fine. Sarah thought.

Wishing she had something to kick, Sarah let out growl of disapproval.

"I don't get him sometimes. I have went on dangerous missions with him but sometimes it seems like I haven't learned one thing about how Merrick thinks or acts. I suppose being dead does that to you."

Sarah looked at the ground for a few moments, then gave a sigh.

"I guess I really don't mean him any ill will. Its..." But Sarah stops short, not wanting to go into her feelings. She contents herself with staring at the ground, unaware that three hundred feet away, Merrick is listening to the cries of some unknown woman.
"The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back and all turns to silver glass and then you see it... White shores and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise."

Uvuriel03
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
RPGHQ Founder / Admin

Post by Uvuriel03 » Thu April 28 05 ; 9 22 am

Merric senses no Vampires within the vicinity and so ventures forth towards the voice. He moves through the trees until he sees a cave carved out from a rocky protrusion from the ground. He hears soft sobbing, then another call for help. This time he can hear the voice more clearly--it's slightly gravelly, like an old grandmother's voice would be.

Meanwhile, the black cat has made its way back towards Sarah and Tolly. It runs within 10 feet of them, then darts back towards the forest, then runs back to them and meows. Then it runs back towards the forest again, pauses, and looks back at the companions.

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Thu April 28 05 ; 9 54 am

"He'll come around," is all the brother can offer. The truth was, he didn't know Merrick very well either, and wondered if anyone did anymore. Still, he was an honourable man walking a righteous road in life. Tolliver had faith in him.

As a few more moments pass, Tolly starts to worry. He looks at Sarah. "If he's not back soon, we go look for him, right?" He pulls Brynnonbad from it's loop, feeling more confident with it's weight in his hand.

Morion Ava-lintitinwe

Post by Morion Ava-lintitinwe » Thu April 28 05 ; 2 23 pm

Sarah watches the cat come into view again and leave, and tehn again and stop.

"Perhaps we should go check now. I need rest, but I am not tired yet."
"The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back and all turns to silver glass and then you see it... White shores and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise."

Kord

Post by Kord » Thu April 28 05 ; 3 27 pm

Merricks instincts tell him something isn't right here and decides that it might be best to seek out his companions, after all it wouldn't be the first time someone has tried to lay a trap for him. He makes note of the surroundings and then quickly heads back in the direction of the others. when he gets near, he calls out to them to let them know he approachs. once he makes contact with them he says " Something is afoot, I picked up a call for help some 300 feet away from here, theres something that sounds like a female in a cave crying, it strikes me as odd though. I thought we should all go. it's this way" Merrick starts heading off towards the direction for which he came without getting an answer from them.

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Thu April 28 05 ; 4 37 pm

Tolliver glares at the little black cat. "I knew you were trouble," he says accusingly to the animal as he readies his shield.

He leaves buttercup behind, but takes his backpack of supplies along with him for the sake of being prepared. Before venturing futher, Tolly prays for Storwen to light the way.

[OOC: Casting light. Thanks to my nifty class ability, it has a double radius: bright illumination to 40' and shadowy illumination to 80'.]

Uvuriel03
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
RPGHQ Founder / Admin

Post by Uvuriel03 » Thu April 28 05 ; 4 58 pm

((For the sake of helping a poor, newish DM out who doesn't have every book and feat and skill memorized, can you guys be specific when you're using a feat or racial ability or a skill or whatever, like Ginger just did? That'll help me out tremendously. Thanks!))

The cat yowls and trots after Merrik.

Kord

Post by Kord » Thu April 28 05 ; 5 47 pm

Merrick will halt where he did before and wait for the others there. once they arrive, he will allow them to listen to the voices from the cave.

Morion Ava-lintitinwe

Post by Morion Ava-lintitinwe » Sat April 30 05 ; 7 54 am

As Merrick tales his tale, Sarah nods silently. When he leaves, she automatically looks to the ground to find a shadow, hoping there will be sufficient ones in the current illumination.

"I'll follow behind you...Tolly!" Sarah said as the a light covered him. "How I became involved with a cleric who loves light so much, I never will know." but she smiled at Tolly and moved to where there was shadowy illumination. Giving a twirl of a dance, She began to wrap herself in the shadows. "Protect me in the shadows." A short but sufficient prayer to Hwisp. Moving as quickly ans silently as she could, she follows behind Tolly.

(Yay! using my hide in plain sight skill if there is sufficient shadow cover. Sarah has a +26 to her hide skill, lets just hope the thing deosn't have blindsense.)

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Sat April 30 05 ; 10 18 am

[OOC: Thats what "shadowy illumination" means. ^_^ Just stay between 40 and 80 feet from Tolly, or if you have to get closer, hide in his shadow.]

Tolliver grins at Sarah, even as the woman finds a suitable place to hide none the less. "Where there is light, there is shadow," he says.

The cleric holds his glowing mace aloft as he tags along with Merrick. He stays quiet and listens. [+4 to listen checks.. Oh boy.]

Return to “Bloodfang”