Chapter II: Grand Barrows

Moderator: Gingerbread Guy

Kord
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl

Re: Chapter II: Grand Barrows

Post by Kord » Thu August 25 05 ; 6 07 pm

Unable to identify the banner, kel decides to at least try to assess that they are wearing the same uniform as the men back at the fort. If thats the case, Kel will find something that will be suitable for a white flag and signal to the unit. If not then he will turn to the others for idea's

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Thu August 25 05 ; 7 54 pm

From what Kel can see as the soldiers close within a hundred yards, the soldiers wear leather armor with iron pauldrons - similar to what he recalls the other soldiers wearing in Camp Diamond.

[OOC: Don't ask me what you have thats white.. its your equipment.]

Syth77
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl

Post by Syth77 » Thu August 25 05 ; 11 16 pm

Mark makes his way over to Kord to examine the army for himself.

"Maybe I can help in identifying the army. Though I'm not promising anything"

(OOC: spot check)

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Fri August 26 05 ; 8 44 am

Mark sees more or less what Kel'Taur does - soldiers dressed in the same armor of those from Camp Diamond, flying an unidentified banner.

[OOC: Just FYI, its highly unlikely that a foreign army is on exercise in Grand Barrows. Not only would an invasion be completely unprecedented, but you'd think they'd bring more than 200 guys in leather armor. What you have here is an army the right size and location to be Able Company. Come to your own fairly obvious conclusions. ^_^]

Uvuriel03
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
RPGHQ Founder / Admin

Post by Uvuriel03 » Fri August 26 05 ; 7 01 pm

((Taking advantage of this knowledge... :P ))

Uvuriel put a hand on her hip and rolled her eyes.

"Come on, you guys. How likely is it that we'll run into an invading army? Not so likely. I say we just go up to them and say our hellos."

She heaves her backpack into a more comfortable position, then lifts her eyebrows expectantly.

Syth77

Post by Syth77 » Sat August 27 05 ; 12 50 am

Mark turns a shade of red at the thought of feeling stupid, but tries to cover it up in a serious manner.

"Err....right. They are probably the Able company we are in search of. Well, let's go greet them then."

Kord

Post by Kord » Sat August 27 05 ; 6 15 am

Kel Taur adds a quick comment before heading off "Just make sure you approach in a non-aggressive manner Uvuriel, remember they don't know who we are or why were approaching" The elf then gets in line and follows

Uvuriel03
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
RPGHQ Founder / Admin

Post by Uvuriel03 » Sat August 27 05 ; 8 42 am

Uvuriel laughs with a snort at KelTaur's comment to approach in a non-agressive manner.

"Me...? Look agressive...?" She laughs for a few moments, holding her sides. "I don't think so..."

She smiles brightly and begins walking with a bounce towards the company, waving at anyone who makes eye contact.

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Sat August 27 05 ; 9 01 am

As the unit of soldiers approaches within a few dozen feet, several soldiers armed with crossbows step off to the side to get a clear shot. Fortunately, they hold their fire, particularly when the apparent leader of the group holds his hand in the air.

"Hold," the man calls to his own troops. Standing well over six feet tall and dressed in breastplate armor rather than leather, he is definetly in charge - most likely, he's Captain Weaver, the commanding officer of Able Company. He casts hard, squinty eyes at the four travellers before him. "Identify yourselves."

Kord

Post by Kord » Sat August 27 05 ; 10 45 am

Kel taur takes on a peaceful posture and says in a clear voice "I am Sir Kel'Taur-Morion en'Rhovanion, We came here on behalf of Major Parkman and the Countess Elsabeth Fortsworth. You must be Captain Weaver I presume, we have orders that are to be given to you." kel taur stands there and waits for the next person to respond.

Morion Ava-lintitinwe
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl

Post by Morion Ava-lintitinwe » Sun August 28 05 ; 7 41 am

“I” Bjorn says in his strong voice, “am Sir Meginbjörn Steinason of the Strongheart Clan.” Stands straight and proud in front of the general, face calm. However, Bjorn was feeling impressed with this man.

Bjorn had always felt a connection with the human armies. The way they were run reminded him of the Dwarven way of life, honor, discipline, and duty.
"The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back and all turns to silver glass and then you see it... White shores and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise."

Uvuriel03
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
RPGHQ Founder / Admin

Post by Uvuriel03 » Sun August 28 05 ; 8 29 am

"Uvuriel Ravencloud is the name," Uvuriel said with a grin. "I think KelTaur said everything else that needed to be said about why we're here..."

Syth77

Post by Syth77 » Sun August 28 05 ; 10 46 pm

Mark makes his way casually towards the captain of the small army.

"I am Sir Mark Carpenter. Just another member of this group on a mission given to us by the Countess."

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Sun August 28 05 ; 11 14 pm

Captain Weaver tells his men to wait at ease, and steps a little closer to the group. He bows to the nobles before him, albeit reluctantly - perhaps still a little suspicious of the foursome.

"Yes, I'm Captain Weaver, and this is Able Company, at your service. Orders from the Major? Rather unusual to send three Lords and a Lady to deliver orders, isn't it?" He glances briefly at Swiftblade and Talon, not sure what to make of the animals either. "Well, at any rate.. lets see these orders, if I may."

Kord

Post by Kord » Mon August 29 05 ; 4 51 pm

Kel taur makes sure that the papers are handed to the captain. and lets him read them before saying anything. when he is done reading them he says "Any Questions, Captain Weaver?"

Return to “Chapter II”