Group One - The Hamlet of Flen

This is where the main campaign for Dungeon Crawl is located
berova
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl

Re: Group One - The Hamlet of Flen

Post by berova » Sat April 08 06 ; 11 45 pm

Having lost two good men, Kreighton tries to maintain his cool and not show any exacerbation, "I will not send ANYONE back into those caverns until we have a better understanding of what we are dealing with here. We do not know if Malchor has collaborated with the dragon or vis-a-versa. If that diary might tell us that, then we must find out before I would even consider returning. And, if those prayer books will help us better understand what it means to worship Crypticus, then I want those prayer books investigated. I do not intend to interrogate Malchor unless we have good reason to based on specific information from either the diary or the prayer books. Again, I have no intention of returning to those caverns while blind if we do not have to. Right now, we do not even know how long it would take to gleen anything useful; perhaps we can do so quickly, I do not know."

Turning to Henry, "As far as following that goblin tracks, if that goblin has half the wits he's demonstrated, he would be long gone. Regardless of the case, if Arabella either has or knows of a tracker who can be called up on short order, I'd not be opposed as such. Henry, what do you think, or are you skilled in tracking yourself?"

After listening to Henry's response, Kreighton returns to the subject of the diary and prayer books, "Now, shall we examine those books or not?"

Gingerbread Guy
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Sun April 09 06 ; 9 43 am

Though Gunnir disagrees with the idea of delaying the search, worried that the valuables they were sent to retrieve might be disappearing as they speak, he concedes to Kreighton's wisdom. "Well, lets have a look at that diary, then. Time is wasting."

Cirelc
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl

Post by Cirelc » Sun April 09 06 ; 10 37 am

ooc-I got two treasures confused. I took the first one and someone took the one at the altar.

Livik takes out the treasure that he took from the dragon and lets Henry and his superiors go through it. "I believe that we should be given liberty to search any property owned by Malchor and any of his immediate devotees. I think that evidence that we have currently is enough to justify that...as to going back down, I am willing to go but through the door that doesn't require us to shrink down. I also think if we are supplemented by the city guard we should be able to handle anything that is thrown at us without too much trouble. With that being said, I am the least of rank of this group so I will follow whatever orders that are given."

Kord

Post by Kord » Sun April 09 06 ; 5 48 pm

Henry nods his assent to Kreightons suggestion and watches as the Dragon's loot is placed on the table. He sans the list as the items our produced and when the last item is produced. he begins his assessment "ah, finally some good news.... This gold signet ring belongs to Mr. Farlan , oh and that silver brooch with the emeralds is Mrs Finla, that most certainly will earn you some free drinks at the dented coin. Those bracers don't seem to belong to anyone though nor does that vial."

Seeing that his assessment is done, kreighton inquires about the list but he recieves mostly a political answer "The list is rather long and extensive to list of its details, not to mention some people has wished to keep their information private, but i can give you a general idea of what it contains. All the items are valuable, Jewelry and semi-precious gems for the most part, everything seems to be light weight and small probably so its easier to conceal and easy to pawn. for example, someone lost a gold necklace, someone else lost a jade statuette shaped like a tiger, several rings, braclets etc..."

after the groups slight disagreement, they pull out the diary and prayer books. each person in the group takes one and begins to peruse it for information. after some time, which includes allowing each other a chance at the books and comparing notes, the following information is gleamed.

A. There is no doubt that Malchor had turned to worshiping Crypticus

B. Malchor had designs on ruling Flen.

C. Malchor had an alliance with a werebadger by the name of Tarn.

D. Malchor was using Tarn to pull off the robberies

E. Stonemason Dwarves were hired to create the caverns, and then were betrayed by Malchor and some goblin henchmen, their corpses were then animated to use as guards.

F. Detailed plans involving a plot to hire a band of goblins to attack Flen, and Malchors grand plan to save the day after Arabella befell an 'accident'

G. Malchor hired a goblin assassin to kill Lady Arabella's father with a poisoned arrow.

the Prayer books don't reveal much more than you already know, Crypticus is the god of secrets and forbidden lore, obviously evil. His clergy operate in complete secrecy and often feign worship of other deities and communicat in secret code. his symbol is a black cowl concealing a wispy visage and a pair of glowing eyes. His favored weapon and those of his worshipers is a curved dagger.

berova

Post by berova » Sun April 09 06 ; 11 43 pm

Alas, Krieghton nodded with approval at that have been unveiled from the examination of the loot as well as the books, "Henry, it is even more critical now, given the plot to kill Lady Arabella, that her safety is taken care of. She must be informed of the designs on her life as well as the plot against Flen. Lady Arabella's guard should be doubled. Malchor may be in custody, but her assassin still is free and, from personal experience, I can atest he is extremely dangerous. At the very least, her guard should be informed of the plot so that they will be on greater alert and ready. Will you have get word to her personal guard that this is carried out?"

"You may also want to inform the town guard of a possible attack on Flen by a band of goblins. For all we know, Malchor could have set things in motion with the band of goblins. Until we know for certain Malchor's capture prevented this attack, we must be prudent and assume it is already in motion. Perhaps if the goblins see the town is already alert, it may prevent the attack altogether."

"Finally, since Malchor is at the center of all these machinations, I might also suggest that Malchor's guard be doubled as well, there could be a possibility of an attempt at freeing him. I would further recommend that Malchor's residence and his office have a guard posted. These steps will be necessary for the protection of Flen or to maintain the integrity of the investigation until our return from the cavern, which should not be long by my estimation. If the town guard will have manpower problems to take on all these tasks, I would recommend Lady Arabella call on the town militia. Given that we have concrete proof of these plots, it is my estimation these steps are necessary, not for long mind you, but possibly for a period not much more than a couple or a few days. Again, I can't stress the importance of all this for it may prevent an attack on Flen and/or an assassination attempt against Lady Arabella altogether. Ultimately it is Lady Arabella's call, but I would hope given the preponderence of the evidence, and the stirling service we have provided her and her town, our counsel will be given the weight it deserves. It should not take long to send word to Lady Arabella, and may prove critically important!"

"While you're at it, would you ensure the gold signet ring that silver brooch is taken to Lady Arabella for custody to be returned to the rightful owners when our investigation is complete? Hopefully, this will hearten Lady Arabella and additionally show what great progress we have made."

Kreighton is relieved they had studied the diary prior to going back into the caverns. Turning to Gunnir and Livik, "Do either of you think anything new can be gotten from questioning Malchor further? If not, and given the new information we've gotten from the diary, do you think our priority should still be to return into the caverns or should we remain in Flen helping the defenses, defending Lady Arabella, and helping guard Malchor? My personal preference is to search Malchor's residence and office, but if that can wait especially if there a guard posted on both locations. If you both say the caverns, then I am ready as soon as word is sent to Lady Arabella and the town guard."

Cirelc

Post by Cirelc » Mon April 10 06 ; 5 00 am

"I think the priority is to search Malchor's properties because if there is something else of any interest we want to get to it before anyone else does. We could recover the rest of the coin from the dragon after we search."

Kord

Post by Kord » Mon April 10 06 ; 6 41 am

Henry agrees wholeheartily with most of Kreightons suggestion and only makes a few adjustments with the Plan. He excuses himself for a few moments to take care of things while the three of you discuss your next move.

ooc - At the end of your conversation, Henry will just be returning, so you can address him when you feel fit.

berova

Post by berova » Mon April 10 06 ; 7 48 am

Krieghton nods in agreement with Livik, "Yes, that should be our priority. It should not take too long."

When Henry returned, "Henry, is it all taken care of? The two identified stolen items turned over to Lady Arabella's custody until the investigation is complete, warnings issued to Lady Arabella herself, her guards, as well as the town guards?"

If Henry indicated all was done, Kreighton replies, "Good job."

"We've decided it is more urgent to search Malchor's quarters and office for any additional evidence before we head back to the caverns to finish our business there. Are you ready?"
Last edited by berova on Tue April 11 06 ; 11 27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cirelc

Post by Cirelc » Tue April 11 06 ; 3 22 am

Livik is pleased that Kreighton took his suggestion but confused as to why he gave credit to Gunnir. In any account, he waits for his next order.

Kord

Post by Kord » Tue April 11 06 ; 7 08 am

Having decided to investigate Malchors residence and Office, The group along with Henry head over and begin their search. Strangely the search of both places reveals nothing of interest. The Office consists of official orders and proper documents and makes no references to anything they foundin the diary or prayer books. His residence is quite modest as one would expect from a cleric. There are only the neccessitys and very few luxuries.

berova

Post by berova » Tue April 11 06 ; 7 16 pm

Once he is satisfied there was no more to be gained searching Malchor's residence or office, Kreighton was disappointed, but undeterred, asking his companions, "Where next? Back to the caverns then?"

ooc: Cirelc, I reread my posts, where did I give Gunnir credit where Livik was due??

Kord

Post by Kord » Tue April 11 06 ; 8 33 pm

[quote="berova";p="63197"]Krieghton nods in agreement with Gunnir, "Yes, that should be our priority. It should not take too long."[/quote]

in this line, livik commented that it should be a priority in his post before this one

berova

Post by berova » Tue April 11 06 ; 11 28 pm

Not sure how I missed it, thanks for pointing that out.

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Wed April 12 06 ; 12 44 pm

Gunnir grunts, disapointed in the lack of evidence at Malchior's residence. "Yes, lets get back to the caverns the way we came out. Be warned, Henry, there are still dangers there."

Kord

Post by Kord » Thu April 13 06 ; 4 45 am

OOC - ok whats your plan with the caverns? what parts are you planning on searching and how long? I'm not going to post each room, Im only going to cliff note your search.

Return to “Dungeon Crawl Main”