RPG Forums Online - for all roleplay and fantasy fans

Uvuriel03

RPG Forums Online - for all roleplay and fantasy fans

Post by Uvuriel03 » Mon November 01 04 ; 1 58 pm

I hope it's OK to do so but I wanted to introduce this forum to you: http://www.RPGForumsOnline.com. It's an online community for all things RPG, MUD, fantasy and anime related, both for console and PC gaming, as well as pencil/paper RPGs, table-top games, stories and art-work. (I'm also pleased to announce that we now have just under 350 registered members of the forum - not too bad since the forum has only be open just over 10 weeks to the public!)

Anything RPG, fantasy or anime related is welcome here, whether it be just a place to hang out and chat about RPG topics, or to discuss the latest console game, or to chat about a film, book or trading card series. Contents include:

* The Forum: This is a bulletin board community whereby you can post messages for other members, or read and comment on posts submitted by others. There are many forum sections, including: Dragon Ball Z, Dungeons and Dragons, The Elder Scrolls, EverQuest, Final Fantasy (including Final Fantasy XII and the new film, Advent Children), Golden Sun, The Legend of Zelda, The Lord of The Rings, Mega Man Battle Network, Might and Magic, Pokemon, Ragnorak, Ultima, Wizardry and Yu-Gi-Oh!, as well as 'off-topic' and site promotion sections.

You can also play actual text/forum-based role-play situations in the 'Role-Play Central' section. Role-plays can be based on any of the following themes: traditional fantasy, modern fantasy, vampires and demons, realistic eras or sci-fi.

Additionally, there are specific categories for MUD (Multi-User Dungeon) topics, including places for MUD owners to advertise for staff and players and general MUD postings and comments, and forum sections for Anime and graphic book content.

* RPG World : This is where you can create your very own RPG character. RPG World is split into two sections: (1) Level 1 - ADR RPG and (2) Level 2 - Moogie's RPG.

(1) Level 1 - ADR RPG: Choose from one of 5 classes (fighter, druid, magician, monk or thief), 7 races (human, half-elf, half-orc, elf, gnome, hobbit or dwarf), 6 elemental types (water, earth, holy, fire, ice or wind) and 3 alignments (neutral, good or evil) to create your very own RPG character. Then you can buy and sell items and equipment, open up a shop, visit different areas (like the forge or courthouse) and battle monsters and other players. You can also buy your character a pet!

(2) Level 2 - Moogie's RPG: Choose from one of 5 classes (hero, mage, swordsman, thief or warrior) to create yet another RPG character. Then equip and train him/her to fight a variety of monsters or other players, auction items for the highest price possible or battle bosses. Oh, and the more you post, the higher the level you become.

* The Gaming Zone : This is a fun place to hang out, a place to play a variety of games. There are games like Hangman, The Lottery, Black Jack and even a place where you can have your fortune told. You can also get a job for any RPG characters you might have (see above).

* Downloads : This is a place where you can download files that other users have uploaded (or indeed, you can upload files yourself). You can download walkthroughs and FAQs for RPG games on GameBoy Advance (GBA), Playstation One or Playstation 2, GameCube, Xbox, N-Gage and other consoles, as well as desktop themes, wallpapers, screensavers and movies.

* Links: Use this area to submit your favorite links, whether they be based on RPGs and fantasy, or any other subject matter.

* Calendar : This is a place where you can see and post important events. Perhaps this is the launch of a new RPG game, the launch of a new fantasy film or book, or just any day that is special to you.

If you can spare a few moments, please visit http://www.RPGForumsOnline.com, register, post a few messages to introduce yourself or play our RPG games.
Last edited by Uvuriel03 on Fri December 24 04 ; 9 04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sandcrawler
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl

Post by Sandcrawler » Tue November 02 04 ; 10 50 am

Hmmmm... maybe I'm just the first to say what everyone else is thinking...

It's pretty ballsy advertising another RPG board here on ours, and the fact that you just registered, and then immediately posted this summary leads me to think that you're just here to SPAM our boards with your site ads.

Adding the link to those boards in your signature ranks right up there, too.

Maybe I get offended too easily, maybe not.

For my part... I like it here. Please do not tell me to get my RPG dose somewhere else.
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

Jerry

Post by Jerry » Tue November 02 04 ; 11 36 am

hmmm... the link seems broken...

Kord
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl

Post by Kord » Tue November 02 04 ; 11 56 am

actually the one in his sig works, but i agree with sandcrawler. At the very least he should have PM a admin asking permission before doing an advertisement

Jerry

Post by Jerry » Tue November 02 04 ; 10 14 pm

he put it in the right place... and we don't have any established rules about advertising other sites...

I say we just contact him and set up the possibility of cross advertising the sites...

besides, our members are deafly loyal... so worst case scenario, we don't get any new ones and don't lose any old ones...

Uvuriel03

Post by Uvuriel03 » Wed November 03 04 ; 4 26 am

Well I'm sorry that the post caused a few of you to become upset and fustrated with the post. But as was said by the last poster, I did post the message in an Advertising forum and I could see no rules to stop me from posting such a post in this forum. It is something that I always check on to see if I'm allowed to post this kind of post in a forum before doing so.

I always abide by such rules, if they exist, and as a forum administrator myself, I can understand the need for them.

Jerry

Post by Jerry » Wed November 03 04 ; 9 07 am

no worries ozental... give me a email or a PM... I'd like to discuss the possibility of cross advertising or possible just chat about advertising in general

I hope there's no hard feelings...

I appreciate that you checked the rules and posted in advertising... for future reference though, i've always found it helpful to contact the Admin directly. Most of the time they are more than happy to allow advertising in trade...

Uvuriel03

Post by Uvuriel03 » Fri November 05 04 ; 2 47 am

Well I'm always intereseted in cross-advertising type activities. Perhaps the best thing to do would be for you administrators to email me (at the address in my profile) with any thoughts you have and proposals on what you would like to do.

Uvuriel03

Post by Uvuriel03 » Fri December 24 04 ; 9 07 am

Did we ever discuss the ideas of doing some cross-advertising? I can't honestly remember if we got around to it.

Jerry

Post by Jerry » Fri December 24 04 ; 9 44 am

yes we did... At the time i was interested... but the lack of action has made me think otherwise.

We had your banner up for about 1.5 weeks... and you said you'd have ours up, but I never saw it and you never linked me to it. So ti came back down.

PM if you want or IM me...

Jerry
(\ /)
(-.-) - Bunny of Doom

Return to “Advertising Archive”