Chapter IX. Requiescat in Pace

This is where the main campaign for A Call to Arms is located

Moderator: Genghis

Kord
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl

Re: Chapter IX. Requiescat in Pace

Post by Kord » Sun June 22 08 ; 9 06 pm

Miles looks to the others "The list of crimes against her are long and bereft with deep rooted evil. She is perhaps responsible for the loss of a thousands of innocent lives or more. We have all seen the destruction she has caused. Pelor, who is an adversary of all that is evil, would seek to destroy this evil once and for all. So in Pelor's name I ask that the punishment be death. What say you all?"

[spoil] Miles will employ his diplomacy skill if necessary in this request, +2 mod [dice]1d20+2 = 7233482 [/dice] [/spoil]

derrick
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl

Post by derrick » Mon June 23 08 ; 1 25 pm

Ari whispers to Coulo. "T...there is no hope in h..her. Every r..road in her m..mind is paved in d..damnation. S..she will never be t...turned to help us. P...please tell Miles that I agree, b..but please w...wait until our thought l...link ends" An unbidden fear of following Scylla's mind into the awaiting hell causes the diviner to shudder uncontrollably.
Leave rest for death

Uvuriel
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin

Post by Uvuriel » Mon June 23 08 ; 4 01 pm

"I would say that death is too kind of a punishment," Kiira says. "But I honestly see very few other options. Seeing as how her master's punishment would undoubtedly be worse, I actually don't want to leave her to that. And we can't rightly have her following us. And we can't just leave her behind. It's too bad you're so brainwashed," Kiira says directly to Scylla. "You would have made quite the adventuring companion."
[font=Century Gothic]That is it!! Roll for initiative.
I hope you like pain.[/font]
My Myspace page! (And my beach!)

Genghis
Master Gamer|Master Gaming Guy|Master Gaming Girl

Post by Genghis » Mon June 23 08 ; 8 37 pm

Scylla smiles, "That's just what I thought of you, sister. Enjoy your life as a novelty amongst men who will never truly accept who you are, men who will always choose someone like her," her head clearly indicates who she means, "over someone like us."
Once more unto the breach, dear friends!

Uvuriel
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin

Post by Uvuriel » Tue June 24 08 ; 10 20 am

Kiira cracks her neck by rolling it from side to side.

"That, my 'friend', is where you are wrong. I have friends that accept me--hold me in high respect, even--for who I am, woman or not." She looks at Miles, and Lucien, and then at Aldruic. "I might have to fight to get to that point, and not everyone may respect me," she turns away from Aldruic and leans down in front of Scylla, getting on one knee and narrowing her eyes slightly, "but I do not need to bend the entire world to my whims in order to be content."

Genghis

Post by Genghis » Tue June 24 08 ; 5 56 pm

Scylla sighs and speaks no more.

Ari can sense a new flood of images in the last minute of her spell; images of a homeland whose topography is not so different than the Heartlands, but whose architecture is marvelous. Marble buildings with tall symetric columns, massive obelisks towering into the sky with giant stone women standing proud, cobbled and clean streets free of filth...These are the images that flash to her mind. All are too detailed to be the figments of an imagination.

derrick

Post by derrick » Wed June 25 08 ; 1 12 pm

Slow tears run down Ari's face. "N...now p...please do it now. I've g..gotten everything I c..can."
Leave rest for death

Kord
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl

Post by Kord » Wed June 25 08 ; 5 26 pm

Miles stands poised over Scylla and looks to the others again "Unless someone else feels the need to administer this punishment, I will take up this responsibility in the name of Pelor." Provided no one objects or wants to step in to take his place, Miles will deliver the coup de grâce.

Genghis

Post by Genghis » Wed July 09 08 ; 11 16 pm

Lucien stands far away from the scene as does Galen. Neither, apparently, has any desire to speak. Miles's weapon simply wouldn't do a dependable job of executing. It's clear that there are only a couple weapons capable of guaranteeing a quick decapitation: Scylla's own blade or one of the two-handed swords.

Scylla's eyes tear over, and now, at last, she begins to tremble. "Hurry..." she pleads..."get on with it..." Gripping the sword that Fahbrohuk once wielded, Miles lifts the massive blade up and then gravity does the rest of the work. Scylla's head rolls off and the spray of blood, a single gush really, nearly coats one wall of the tent. Scylla's lifeless body topples over and Miles, against all intentions, lets the blade slip out of his grasp.

Ari's connection to the woman ends immediately. There's no vision of a tunnel, no hell, no castle in the clouds. Just a sudden disconnect. Life, and then nothing.

Emerging from the tent, both Morander and Aldruic look up from their discussion with the Thanir, take a look at Miles's soiled tabard and then each, as if choreographed, provide a simple nod.

"So that's it, then," Morander intones. "One path comes to an end...only it's at an intersection of a larger road." He casts one look to Lucien, "First thing to decide is whether to go in the tomb or to seal it back up. Then we look at our options. Needless to say, the Thanir will be taking up arms like they did when my grandfather led the southerners here. As for you, well, there are several matters I'm sure you are curious about."

derrick

Post by derrick » Thu July 10 08 ; 12 01 am

Feeling soiled Ari draws a handful of snow and presses it against her face, yet Scylla's last moments refuse to cool in her mind.

"I...i need to w...write d..down w...what I l...learned from h..her."

With shaking hands she records the last coerced confession of the slain woman.
Leave rest for death

Genghis

Post by Genghis » Sun August 10 08 ; 2 57 pm

Lucien takes a sharp inhalation of breath. His inaction during the punishment of Scylla was rather uncharacteristic, and he seems more than a little rattled by the entire event. When he realizes that Morander has addressed him, he shakes his head, "I won't be breaking the last veil, unless Kiira feels its necessary. He was her grandfather after all; my ancestors apparently married into the family. I would like some time alone though," he says. Ari is so busy recording events that she doesn't even notice the young man as he walks away from the group to one of the unexplored portions of the small island.

Morander sighs, "Well, it sounds like all of you are weary. When you feel like talking, I'll be around." He gimps his way over to the cluster of Thanir where the men seem to be making some sort of decision of their own. from Aldruic's expression, he doesn't seem happy about it.

Uvuriel
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin

Post by Uvuriel » Sun August 10 08 ; 5 35 pm

Kiira breathes in deeply and slowly, letting the air out in a contemplative sigh. Her brow is heavyset, and she takes the dagger from her belt and slices a long lock of hair from Scylla's lonely head, tucking it into a belt pouch, for now.

For a moment, she almost follows Lucien, intending to discuss with him the reasons for opening and not opening the cave, but decides that it can wait for a little while, at least. Instead, she wanders after Morander, without any specific intent. She simply didn't want to be alone.

Return to “A Call to Arms Main”