Chapter VII. A Good Day for a Hangin'

This is where the main campaign for A Call to Arms is located

Moderator: Genghis

AnimatedGamer
Punk||Chic

Re: Chapter VII. A Good Day for a Hangin'

Post by AnimatedGamer » Wed October 03 07 ; 12 24 am

Khryu wakes with all the pain of a headache with none of the benefits: he could still remember. There isn't much to do but go forward. Khryu rolls out of bed and out to the tub the ladies had directed him to with his hand placed firmly upon his temple. As he leaves the building, he gives a thanking wave of his free arm to the ladies.

Once at the soapy tub, Khryu attempts to wash himself up but puts in only enough effort to do a shoddy job of it. He then returns to the brothel for the meal he was told about. Before seating, Khryu gives a half-hearted wave to his companions who have already seated thus far. If Kiira or Ari arrive later than Khryu, he half-rises to greet them as they seat themselves.

During this entire transaction, Khryu never lets his palm release his temple and speaks more in grunts if anything.
Why am I sticky and naked? Did I miss something fun?

derrick
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl

Post by derrick » Wed October 03 07 ; 4 17 pm

Ari is the first to use the tub. Though full of admiration for her robust companion, the thought of bathing after Kiira makes her sqeamish, especially now that her sight was failing.

The hot water relaxes her keyed muscles and the delightful soap removes the clotted blood and ground dirt from her pale skin. As she scrubs at her battle tan, her thoughts meander to the martial woman.

We have yet to talk about the Delanzo incident...

Ari understood Kiira's words had been guided by enchantment, but a kernel of truth, jagged and hard, poked at her.

'"We don't need you causing any more trouble"' Her companions already believed her to be a liability. Now without sight how can I not be? There must be a way!

With blurred eyes, her scowl deepens.

But I need either to repair my eyes .....or find another set.

In a sudden revelation the diminutive woman smiles for the first time in many days.

Yes...that just might work...
Leave rest for death

Kord
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl

Post by Kord » Thu October 04 07 ; 6 57 am

Miles woke up late, he hadn't gotten much sleep. Too worried about Ari, he was up most of the night just keeping an eye on her. He must of dized off at some point because Ari was gone when he woke up. He could not deny the fact that he was a bit troubled by the lost of her physical sight, he did not understand why the God's would take away her sight but he was not one who would questions the God's decisions either.

Seeing that wash tub's were drawn with hot water, Miles decided to take advantage and use one besides he couldn't remmeber the last time he took an actual bath nor when the next time would afford itself.. Afterwards he put on some clothes and made his way to the others for breakfast. He apologized for being late and said good morning. a few times he looked over to Ari to see how she was holding up but said nothing of their conversation the night before. What she had told him was said in confindence and he would not break that.

derrick

Post by derrick » Sat October 06 07 ; 12 11 pm

Clean and refreshed, Ari is a stunning sight of stately grace. Marred only by stumbling steps, she joins the table and alights next to Miles.

Hardly above a whisper.
"Miles...thank you for listening last night....I...I believe I have found a way around my problem...please tell no one..."

She gives him a shy smile with earnest eyes.
Last edited by derrick on Sat October 13 07 ; 11 23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leave rest for death

Uvuriel
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin

Post by Uvuriel » Sat October 06 07 ; 12 31 pm

Kiira drags herself over to the rest of the party.

"I need some food," she mumbles. "I'm starving..."

She looks around for some fruit and bread she could eat for breakfast, the greatsword strapped to her back reflecting whatever light there was available. Apparently the rogue had taken some time to polish it this morning. It didn't look like she was capable of bringing bread to her mouth, much less running a whetstone along the length of her blade. Her chain shirt also seemed less smelly and more shiny than usual. It seems that Kiira has something to do with battle on her mind, this day.
[font=Century Gothic]That is it!! Roll for initiative.
I hope you like pain.[/font]
My Myspace page! (And my beach!)

Kord

Post by Kord » Sat October 06 07 ; 4 36 pm

[quote="derrick";p="73217"]Clean and refreshed Ari, is a stunning sight of stately grace. Marred only by stumbling steps, she joins the table and alights next to Miles.

Hardly above a whisper.
"Miles...thank you for listening last night....I...I believe I have found a way around my problem...please tell no one..."

She gives him a shy smile with earnest eyes.[/quote]

Miles smiles back then realizes that Ari probably didn't see it and turns a slight shade of red. He recovers with "Ahem... of course." saying it perhaps a little louder then intended but still fairly quiet.

Genghis
Master Gamer|Master Gaming Guy|Master Gaming Girl

Post by Genghis » Tue October 09 07 ; 5 47 am

No one is particularly eager to broach the subject of their quest and what to do next; the food is simply too tasty and the brothel too comfortable to disturb with such conversation. Still, with this little 'distraction' gone and their nemesis presumably already ahead of them, the question begins to nag at people's minds.

Marla brings over a tray of blueberry muffins, still steaming, and gives a huge smile to the group. "It's good to see you all in a truer light," she shares, "You should stick around awhile. You've earned yourself some respect, each of you." She points to Miles, "You might just get the fear of Pelor into some hearts now." She turns towards Ari next, "I know of a certain Thanir giant who's had his eye on you, but not to worry, sweetie," she says to Kiira brightly, "women up here are in the minority, and men love a girl who can handle themselves around these parts." Lastly she turns to Lucien and Khryu, "And, well, the two of you would be made real welcome right here..."
Once more unto the breach, dear friends!

Uvuriel
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin

Post by Uvuriel » Tue October 09 07 ; 4 15 pm

The strong, sleek woman raises a bemused eyebrow.

"Worry?" she chuckles softly. "What's to worry about? The admiration goes both ways, I think. And he's not the only one who's had an eye out."

She grabs a hot muffin and starts carefully eating it, imagining getting to know this Thanir man, a man of intrigue and of nature. She was vaguely proud of herself for having stood out enough to catch his attention. The trials of the past few days quickly fade as something new to obsess about takes over.
[font=Century Gothic]That is it!! Roll for initiative.
I hope you like pain.[/font]
My Myspace page! (And my beach!)

AnimatedGamer
Punk||Chic

Post by AnimatedGamer » Tue October 09 07 ; 10 53 pm

Khryu is fairly certain he knows what Marla means by her welcome and decides to ignore it. He's had enough trouble to last a long time. Khryu grabs one of the muffins from the tray and grunts a quiet "Thank you, m'lady" before slowly consuming it. When Kiira mentions the eye, Khryu bows his head and reaches his free hand to touch the area of his former eye softly. No longer did this trip serve as a means to help a group of travelers along their way, it became personal. Khryu would not let the loss of his eye be in vain.

"Wherever you go, I will follow." Although a bit of an unwarranted response to silence, Khryu doesn't care for he figures that he owes his companions at least that much for saving his life from execution. He doesn't direct it to any one person at the table, but he is certain that some may take it more to heart than others.
Why am I sticky and naked? Did I miss something fun?

Genghis

Post by Genghis » Wed October 10 07 ; 5 26 am

At Kiira's response, Marla looks over at Ari and opens her mouth to speak but then thinks better of it. She simply smiles and softly says, "Let me get some butter."

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Wed October 10 07 ; 2 51 pm

Having the whole party around a table for once, and feeling something resembling clean again, Lucien actually finds occasion to smile.

Khryu's words, however few, were heartfelt, and Lucien decides to echo and expand on them. "We've each put our lives in each others' hands many times since we met, and here we all are," he says as he selects a muffin and awaits the butter. "I've put my trust in each of you and found it well-placed. What we have ahead of us feels less daunting in this company."

The young man clears his throat quietly and lowers his voice. "Speaking of what's ahead, Scylla is still at least a day ahead of us, and she always seems to know when and where we'll be. However, judging by the last entry in Delzano's journal, she probably isn't more than two or three days ahead, and if she's taking the time to set these traps for us, I think it means she perceives us as at least some measure of a threat."

"Better yet, we may have an advantage that she doesn't: Ari and I spoke with that huge Thanir man, Aldruic, and he's at least willing to hear our reasons for wanting to enter the Thanir lands, and he may even be able to help us find.. what we're looking for," he says, deciding at the last minute not to drop the name "Arimand Telhur" in open company, even with his voice lowered.

"We've been through a lot in the last day, but the silver lining is that we've proven that what Ari sees doesn't have to come true."

derrick

Post by derrick » Wed October 10 07 ; 8 57 pm

Ari, oblivious to Marla's glance, stays silent and fumbles for her fork. A bemused smile crosses her face.

Everyone needs to feel wanted.

Slowly the smile vanishes.

This might prove useful. How much am I willing give up to cross the border? Will Lucien understand?

Though visually indistinct, Lucien's voice commands her attention.

"Yes, a silver lining...."

She bites her lip and lowers her eyes.

"We..we should speak to Aldruic. The sooner we do this the better."
Leave rest for death

Kord

Post by Kord » Thu October 11 07 ; 9 08 am

Miles smiles as a way to say thanks to Marla for her comments just before she leaves to get some butter. He then turns his attention to the others at the table. "It seems talking to the Thanir man is our first order of business. As much as I would like to have the opportunity to convert some of the people here in town, our business outways that opportunity. I'm ready to go find the Thanir man now, well after we finish eating and pay the tab that is."

For a moment it seemed that the man was done talking and then he spoke up again "If it is ok with the rest of you, I would like take a moment and say a prayer for our group and the journey that we face ahead of us." If there are no objections he proceeds with prayer outloud but soft enough so that only those at the table and perhaps a few ears close enough. If there are objections, he merely understands and keeps his prayer to himself.

Genghis

Post by Genghis » Thu October 11 07 ; 10 16 am

Marla waves away attempts at meal compensation with one spotted hand, and after Miles says his prayer, it's only a few minutes later when the group makes it's way to Aldruic...at least the human one; his canine companion is nowhere to be seen. The giant Thanir man makes his away from the gallows where a very 'eaten' Delanzo sways slightly still in the breeze as the sheriff's men erect a ladder on the scaffolding.

If Aldruic has a thing for any of the travellers, it is hidden behind a completely unintellegible mask of placidity. He stops a couple feet short of the group and nods his head in greeting.

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Thu October 11 07 ; 8 06 pm

Lucien had joined in on Miles' prayer, holding the small wooden sunburst talisman that hangs around his neck. For years his prayers had gone unanswered, but at least things were perhaps starting to look up - or at least look not so impossible: His once-murky feelings for Ari had crystallized the moment he thought he had lost her, and a little certainty in his life was certainly welcome. His grip on his fiendish powers seemed to be steadily increasing as he used them, and without taking over him the way he feared they might.

As they approach Aldruic, Lucien keeps near Ari, but hopes she'll do the talking.

Return to “A Call to Arms Main”