Introducing Isadora Echo

Blackstone Prison is one of the many dirty little secrets of
the Empire. It is the deepest, darkest, dankest, hellhole imaginable and where the Empire houses a collection of hardened criminals, 'political' prisoners, and those unlucky few who simply needed to disappear. Blackstone Prison was one of those places that everyone has heard about but was unwilling to talk about in polite company. Poor living conditions, horrible nutrition, forced labor, and a brutal sadistic humanoid guard force ensured that no one ever escaped from Blackstone.

You are a prisoner at Blackstone. It may have been days, weeks, months, or even years since you were incarcerated, but the indominatable force of Blackstone is beginning to crush any hope you have that you will ever leave Blackstone alive.

Moderator: chameleon

chameleon
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl

Introducing Isadora Echo

Post by chameleon » Mon October 17 05 ; 1 06 pm

[font=garamond]Isadora Echo awoke with a start at the sound of keys turning in turning in the cell door. After three days of continual labor, the young rogue had fallen into a deep sleep. Before she could full awaken herself, Isa heard the 'whoof' of someone being pushed into the cell before the cell door clanged shut. The fading sound of hobnailed boots leaving the cell block gave way to the sobbing of the woman who had just been returned to the cell.

In the dim light of the cell, Isa could see that the guards had returned Maria. The guards had taken Maria from the work crew just before Isa and the rest of her cellmates had finished their labors. No one made a move to help the young woman who now sat in the corner crying softly. Almost everyone in the cell had been in the same spot Maria was in now and they sat quietly with their thoughts.

Tears ran unhindered down Maria's dirt encrusted face. Her clothes were disheveled and torn. One of her eyes was an ugly color of purple and swollen shut. Maria's lip was split and bruises and scratches covered he face and arms.

Maria's quiet sobbing was suddenly drowned out by the sound of marching boots re-entering the cell block. The women in the cell look at each other in abject fear wondering if this will be their time. Many of the women cower in the corners of the cell hoping that the guards would pass them by.

Once again the women hear the sound of keys turning in the cell door and the cell door swinging open. A blinding ray of light illuminates the cell. Once everyone's eyes have adjusted to the light, they see six orcs carrying stun wands lead by a vicious half-orc enter the cell.
[/font]

[font=copperplate gothic light]"I'm looking for Isadora Echo. Where is she?[/font]

[font=Garamond]Quickly the women in the cell scatter away from Isa. An evil smile crosses the half-orc's face and he motions with his index finger for Isa to come to him.[/font]

[font=Copperplate gothic light]"Come little one. It is your turn."[/font]
[font=copperplate gothic light]When the DM laughs, it is already too late![/font] :D

StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl

Re: Introducing Isadora Echo

Post by StormElfstone » Mon October 17 05 ; 4 05 pm

Isadora sat in her cell, leaning her back against the cold wall. She had barely woken up. She rubbed her eyes and glanced at Maria sobbing, but did not speak.

She had spent barely 2 months in this hell hole, but the threats and torture had been enough to make her think she would never see the other side of the Prison's walls.
Her cell mates were silent, as was she. She hadn't taken the time to make friends with any of them. Isi was cautious to make friends these days, she felt there were few people in the world one could truly trust and wasn't in a rush to take any risks.
She was not impolite or unfriendly to anyone, just slow to put her trust in people.
She enjoyed watching people, especially when they didn't know they were being watched, observing their behaviour. She enjoyed determining their strengths and weaknesses. Especially their weaknesses.

Suddenly came the dreaded sound of keys turning in the lock... Isadora held her breath as the guards entered the cell, hoping that they were not coming for her. Isi's muscles tensed in the silence before the guards spoke.

As they called her name the other women backed away and Isi stood up.
Isi was short for a human, only five feet tall, and her slender frame, green eyes and pale complexion hinted that there may be a touch of elven blood flowing in her veins.
She stood and was unafraid to look the guard directly in the eyes as he beckoned, 'come on little one, it is your turn'.

'My turn for what?' she couldn't help but wonder. Although she knew it would not be something pleasurable. 'My turn to die?' she asked herself and a resentment grew in her. I should not even be here, I was framed.

Isi had often thought about what she would do if she ever got out of this place. She was angry with her former comrades, but did not feel a need for revenge, she certainly did not wish death on them.
She felt she'd be happier to leave the empire altogether, she had no family there, no friends anymore and she'd felt warmth inside at the idea of a new start.
Those thoughts had come less and less of late and even the determined Isi had lost hope in this place.
A sickening feeling grew now in her belly as she followed the guards out of her cell, not knowing what lay ahead.
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]

My YouTube Channel

chameleon

Post by chameleon » Tue October 18 05 ; 9 34 am

[font=Garamond]Isa couldn't be sure, but she thought she saw some emotion play across the half-orc's eyes when she looked him in the eye without fear. As she had almost walked past the half-orc, Isa was caught off completely off-guard as the half orc back handed her across the face.

Lights popped in Isa's eyes and a feeling of dizziness filled her head. Then the pain hit her. It took her a couple of seconds to clear her head although the pain from where he hit her remained. When she focused on the half-orc, Isa saw the anger blazing in his eyes.
[/font]

[font=copperplate gothic light]"You will learn to fear me. Learn to show me the proper respect ... or you will become my playtoy for the remainder of your short, pitiful existence."[/font]

[font=Garamond]The half-orc grabbed her arm and pushed Isa roughly in the direction of the cell door.[/font]
[font=copperplate gothic light]When the DM laughs, it is already too late![/font] :D

StormElfstone

Post by StormElfstone » Tue October 18 05 ; 2 37 pm

Isi was shocked as she felt the half-orc's heavy hand across the side of her face. She had indeed not expected that, but realised she probably should have.
The young rogue clasped the side of her face with her hand, and shut her eyes tightly to refocus.
She then walked with her head down as she was shoved towards the door.

She wanted to believe there was a chance to get out of this place, but she could not see how it was possible. I will be here until the end of my days a voice inside her said. The thought of endless torture almost brought tears to her eyes, but she would not cry in front of the guards and supressed the feeling.
Isi's secret to surviving was to take it day by day. Endure one day at a time, one day after another she had learned. One more torture she told herself, I can handle it. She took at deep breath and prepared her mind for whatever cruelty the guards would throw at her this time.

My YouTube Channel

chameleon

Post by chameleon » Fri October 21 05 ; 10 35 am

[font=Garamond]Isa hears a chortle from the half orc as she leaves the cell with her eyes downcast.[/font]

[font=Copperplate Gothic Light]"That is much better young Isadora Echo. A little respect goes a long way in this world of ours."[/font]

[font=garamond]Three guards form up on either side of her and the vicious half-orc moves to the front to lead them to wherever they are going. They begin marching through the prison at a brisk pace leaving young Isa completely confused as to where they are taking her. For the longest time the guards are silent, but when they finally begin to speak it is worse than the silence.

Phrases like "Girl pretty ... can we stop and have a little fun ... a few minutes wouldn't hurt." are repeated over and over by the guards. Isa isn't sure how long this goes on before the half-orc stops the march by raising his hand. Isa sees his hand go to his chin and hears unintelligible mumbling as he considers the guards request.
[/font]

StormElfstone

Post by StormElfstone » Fri October 21 05 ; 1 43 pm

Isadora continued to walk with her eyes on the ground.

As the guards begin speaking Isadora understands some of the words they are saying. Their words are nauseating. She keeps her eyes down, and closes them tightly, hoping for the talking to stop. The thought of the guards having their way with her is too much to take anything but that! ANYTHING!!

As the guards stopped walking she tried her best to think of a way out of this situation, but she simply couldn't. She knew she could fight, but she doubted she could take these guards on even one at a time, never mind seven of them. Being small and light she was good at escaping from small spaces, but even if she could escape their grasps there was nowhere to run and it would only land her in more trouble than it was worth, maybe even costing her her life.

For the time being she simply stood motionless, pretending not to understand what they were saying and hoped beyond hope that the guards would put their duties before their desires.

My YouTube Channel

chameleon

Post by chameleon » Tue November 01 05 ; 1 06 pm

[font=Garamond]Without warning the half-orc leader spins on his heel and viciously backhands one of the lead orcs knocking the orc off-balance and grasping for the wall to steady himself. He glares at the rest of the guards as if daring one of them to challenge him.[/font]

[font=copperplate gothic light]"We have our orders. You all understand what happens when we don't follow orders, don't you?"[/font]

[font=garamond]The half-orc leader lets that threat hang in the air for a moment before taking a few steps toward Isa.[/font]

[font=copperplate gothic light]"Mayhaps young Isadora Echo can join us another time?"[/font]

[font=garamond]The half-orc smiles at Isa showing yellowed canines and a definite glint of evil in his eye before turning and assuming his march.[/font]

StormElfstone

Post by StormElfstone » Tue November 01 05 ; 3 16 pm

As the half-orc spins around, Isi is glad not to be the one of the receiving end of the heavy backhand he dealt the guard.
She very slowly and very quietly lets out an undetectable sigh of relief as the half-orc pauses to let his threat take its effect on the other guards.
At his invitation Isi responds with a nervous, non-commital half-smile, hoping that will satisfy him without having to directly accept his request.

As they continue their walk Isi begins to hope they will arrive at their destination soon. Not that she was looking forward to whatever horror was impending, but she hated not knowing where they were leading her and was desperate to get out of the company of the guards. She disliked being the sole victim of their taunts and hoped that whatever lay ahead would not involve her suffering alone.

My YouTube Channel

chameleon

Post by chameleon » Wed November 02 05 ; 8 20 pm

[font=Garamond]Isa didn't have to wait very long. A couple of corners later, they arrive at wooden door. The half-orc leader steps to the side and motions for Isa to move forward.[/font]

[font=Copperplate Gothic Light]"They are waiting for you. I look forward to seeing you again pretty girl.[/font]

[font=Garamond]The half-orc pulls the door open and one of the orcish guards pushes Isa into the room.[/font]

[font=Book Antiqua]OOC: Post continues in the Meet the Warden thread.[/font]

Return to “Escape from Blackstone”