Jared’s fight

Blackstone Prison is one of the many dirty little secrets of
the Empire. It is the deepest, darkest, dankest, hellhole imaginable and where the Empire houses a collection of hardened criminals, 'political' prisoners, and those unlucky few who simply needed to disappear. Blackstone Prison was one of those places that everyone has heard about but was unwilling to talk about in polite company. Poor living conditions, horrible nutrition, forced labor, and a brutal sadistic humanoid guard force ensured that no one ever escaped from Blackstone.

You are a prisoner at Blackstone. It may have been days, weeks, months, or even years since you were incarcerated, but the indominatable force of Blackstone is beginning to crush any hope you have that you will ever leave Blackstone alive.

Moderator: chameleon

Talon
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
RPGHQ Founder / Admin

Re: Jared’s fight

Post by Talon » Tue January 10 06 ; 9 22 pm

Jared sees the other guard being carried out on the gurney and feels a pang of guilt. he says softly I have fought beside these men. They are good men. They were only following orders.

Jared focuses on the soldier being carried out.

He then speaks softly to the men carrying the gurney He'll be fine in a moment
[align=center]Theres more to gaming than life!

Image[/align]

chameleon
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl

Post by chameleon » Tue January 24 06 ; 2 31 pm

[font=Garamond]The guardsman looks quizzically at Jared after his latest proclamation. He shakes his head at the former guardsman and lifts the gurney. Sure enough in just a few seconds the man calms down and the guardsmen finish carrying him out of the warehouse. Before the rest of the fights are over, Jared spies the guardsman return to the room apparently none the worse for wear.[/font]
[font=copperplate gothic light]When the DM laughs, it is already too late![/font] :D

Talon
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
RPGHQ Founder / Admin

Post by Talon » Fri February 03 06 ; 8 52 am

Jared looks around and spots the sergeant. He walks over and quietly says This is pointless. When are we going to get out of here and do this this thing we're supposed to do? We've proved nothing here. Why are they bothering with all this if it's a foregone conclusion Jared looks over at Kith with a meaningful glance That we are all as good as dead on this mission anyways?

Image[/align]

chameleon

Post by chameleon » Mon February 06 06 ; 1 02 pm

[font=Garamond]The sergeant shrugs at Jared’s comments.[/font] [font=book antiqua]“I don’t know. I suspect the only one who truly knows is Commander Thentias.”[/font]
[font=copperplate gothic light]When the DM laughs, it is already too late![/font] :D

Talon
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
RPGHQ Founder / Admin

Post by Talon » Mon February 06 06 ; 1 16 pm

Jared thinks to himself This is ridiculous. This mindless dolt will get me nowhere. With a sigh of mounting frustration Jared blurts out Well, Then I'd like to speak with Commander Thentias myself right now.

Image[/align]

chameleon

Post by chameleon » Mon February 06 06 ; 2 18 pm

[font=Garamond]The sergeant shrugs again.[/font]

[font=book antiqua]“Commander Thentias will be along when the exercise is completed. I assume you can at least wait until then to speak with the Commander?[/font]

chameleon

Post by chameleon » Wed February 08 06 ; 2 20 pm

[font=Garamond] The sergeant nods to Jared. Seconds later he returns to his position with the rest of the guardsmen. Soon enough the combat is over and Commander Thentias arrives. The sergeant speaks a few words to the Commander. Commander Thentias nods and heads over to Kith. The two walk away and speak in hushed tones for maybe two minutes.

When he is finished with Kith, Kith leaves the warehouse and Commander Thentias walks over to where Jared is standing. He stands ramrod straight about three foot in front of Jared. [/font]
[font=book antiqua] “I understand that you wanted to speak with me?”[/font]

Talon
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
RPGHQ Founder / Admin

Post by Talon » Thu February 09 06 ; 7 26 am

Jared watches closely as Kith speaks with the Commander. Finally when the Commander approaches him and poses his question, Jared puts on a slightly exasperated face but keeps his tone completely flat Yes Commander I did. When are we going to be done with this whole charade and finally embark on this quest? We've managed to prove absolutly nothing here except that we are susceptable to the effects of a sleeping potion, which we already knew.

I really don't appreciate being forced to fight against these guards that I used to fight alongside with.

Image[/align]

chameleon

Post by chameleon » Fri February 10 06 ; 1 29 pm

[font=Garamond]Commander Thentias looks intently at Jared for a second, [/font][font=book antiqua]“Perhaps you should have considered that before the incident …” [/font] [font=Garamond]The commander pauses for a second before continuing.[/font]

[font=book antiqua]“While I agree these exercises may not be necessary for you, the rest of this lot hasn’t held a weapon in anger in quite some time. Another week of this and a week of ‘underground’ training and you will be sent on the quest. Is that good enough to suit you?”[/font]

Talon
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
RPGHQ Founder / Admin

Post by Talon » Fri February 10 06 ; 2 03 pm

Jared snorts in disgust and says flatly Yeah right, the 'incident'. You can't honestly tell me the incompetent moron didn't have it coming. Besides, nobody ever proved anything. They just assumed it was me and tossed me away because it was convenient.

Nobody around here liked him. Half the guards had it in for the sorry sot. At least now he's so stark raving mad that anyone within earshot will feel too sorry for him to hate him.

So don't give me the song and dance about the 'incident'. We've been through it all before and nobody can prove I had anything to do with it. Regardless of what I can do up here, you can't prove it.
Jared jabs a finger at his own head. After he says his piece, he simply stares straight into teh commanders eyes.

Image[/align]

chameleon

Post by chameleon » Fri February 10 06 ; 2 29 pm

[font=garamond]Commander Thentias doesn’t shy away from Jared’s intense stare. In fact he returns it with an icy stare of his own.[/font]

[font=book antiqua]“Pffffft! I know you did it and you know you did it regardless of the fact that it wasn’t proven by anyone at the outpost. Furthermore, it doesn’t matter if he had it coming or not, what happened to him was wrong and you are responsible.

If I were you though, I’d be careful … you’ve already raised Kith’s suspicion with your antics during the training. For now he is merely curious, but … well … he’s not one I’d want on my bad side if I could help it.”[/font]

Talon
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
RPGHQ Founder / Admin

Post by Talon » Fri February 10 06 ; 2 46 pm

Jared narrows his eyes to a slit and says in a low, dangerous whisper Is that a threat Commander? I merely state my case without out one attack on you or a threat and you come back with a threat? You really are a paranoid man.

I've no arguments with Kith. I've given him little reason to dislike me. Only a man of worthless character would turn another man against someone he doesn't... agree with. I truly hope I am in not in the presence of a man of worthless character. At least I didn't think I was...

With that, Jared turns and walks away to rejoin the group.

Image[/align]

StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl

Post by StormElfstone » Sat February 11 06 ; 7 37 am

[font=Comic Sans MS]Any useful information?[/font] Isi enquired of Jared as he rejoined the rest of the group. In truth Isi had heard raised voices and was curious as to what the two men had been arguing about. Jared was the only member of the group who hadn't 'formally' introduced himself and she thought it might be interesting to get a little information out of him.
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]

My YouTube Channel

Talon
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
RPGHQ Founder / Admin

Post by Talon » Sat February 11 06 ; 9 03 pm

Without looking at Isi Jared replies There's not a useful bone in that mans body. He jumps to conclusions about things he knows nothing about and then threatens me to be careful or someone else in this group will do his dirty work for him. At least thats what he's implied.

Jared quickly turns to face Isi with a somewhat puzzled look on his face Do I worry anyone here? I mean.. has anyone said anything about my... abilities? I never said anything or shown anyone before because I was worried of what the other might think. Thats why I haven't said much. Just laid low and tried to avoid any questions. According to that bag of wind commander, Kith seems to be suspicious of me...

Image[/align]

StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl

Post by StormElfstone » Sun February 12 06 ; 5 57 am

[font=Comic Sans MS]Who cares what Kith thinks?[/font] Isi uttered to Jared, barely audibly and looking straight at him.
[font=Comic Sans MS]I don't think you 'worry' anyone,[/font] she continued after a short pause and now speaking at her normal volume. [font=Comic Sans MS][/font] [font=Comic Sans MS]It'd just be nice to know a little more about you, but if you don't want to talk that's ok. I won't expect you to tell us anything you don't want to... [/font] She then smiled and added, [font=Comic Sans MS]In your own time, ok?[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]

My YouTube Channel

Return to “Escape from Blackstone”