Isa's Fight

Blackstone Prison is one of the many dirty little secrets of
the Empire. It is the deepest, darkest, dankest, hellhole imaginable and where the Empire houses a collection of hardened criminals, 'political' prisoners, and those unlucky few who simply needed to disappear. Blackstone Prison was one of those places that everyone has heard about but was unwilling to talk about in polite company. Poor living conditions, horrible nutrition, forced labor, and a brutal sadistic humanoid guard force ensured that no one ever escaped from Blackstone.

You are a prisoner at Blackstone. It may have been days, weeks, months, or even years since you were incarcerated, but the indominatable force of Blackstone is beginning to crush any hope you have that you will ever leave Blackstone alive.

Moderator: chameleon

User avatar
chameleon
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon August 01 05 ; 9 24 am
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Isa's Fight

Post by chameleon » Thu December 08 05 ; 2 24 pm

[font=Garamond]After the two presumed fighters had finished their bout, Two new guardsmen step to the far side of the room. This time the guards both guards wear light chain shirts without the benefit of a shield or buckler. Both guards have a long sword and short sword resting comfortably in their scabbards and each is carrying a loaded hand bow. The two guards move ten feet apart, but rather than make any move toward Isa, they wait patiently for her to make the first move. The guards are sixty feet away from where Isa stands.[/font]
[font=copperplate gothic light]When the DM laughs, it is already too late![/font] :D

User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Post by StormElfstone » Thu December 08 05 ; 4 07 pm

Isi raises an eyebrow. She prefers closer combat, but this will have to do for now.
She moves towards the guards (25ft) and draws the shortbow from behind her back. She is ready to attack on her next turn, but is also keeping vigilant, ready to dodge any attack that is sent in her direction
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

User avatar
chameleon
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon August 01 05 ; 9 24 am
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Isa's Fight

Post by chameleon » Tue December 13 05 ; 1 24 pm

[font=Garamond]As Isi moves forward, the guardsmen slowly begin to move to the sides. They raise their hand bows to their firing position, but continue to circle. Isi is now 35 feet from the two guardsmen and the guardsmen are 30 feet apart from each other. Is it a game of chicken to see who will blink first? [/font]
[font=copperplate gothic light]When the DM laughs, it is already too late![/font] :D

User avatar
Genghis
Master Gamer|Master Gaming Guy|Master Gaming Girl
Posts: 2332
Joined: Mon May 09 05 ; 3 40 pm
Location: Middle of Nowhere

Post by Genghis » Tue December 13 05 ; 2 36 pm

"Issy, watch for their shots! Their poison will slow you down!" Wylan calls from the sidelines, speaking from painful experience.
Once more unto the breach, dear friends!

User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Re: Isa's Fight

Post by StormElfstone » Tue December 13 05 ; 2 53 pm

Isi nods at Wylan's tip, indicating that she heard him, but she does not take her eyes from the enemies. Her eyes are locked on them, watching their every move and her teeth are gritted with determination. She'd hoped they'd move in a bit closer to her, but it was not so.

Isi decides to stick with attacks from a distance for now. She takes a 5 foot step towards her attackers in order to get a deadlier shot and releases an arrow, aiming at the guard nearest her right side.

(Ranged attack bonus 5+1 (point blank shot)
Damage 1d6+1 crit x3)
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

User avatar
chameleon
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon August 01 05 ; 9 24 am
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Isa's Fight

Post by chameleon » Fri December 16 05 ; 7 35 am

[font=Garamond]The room is deathly silent as Isi and her opponents circle each other. Wylan calls out a piece of advice which Isi acknowledges by nodding her head. While her opponents are still at a distance, Isi decides it is time to fire. She moves forward five feet, pivots to the right, and releases an arrow.

Unfortunately, the time in jail must have thrown her timing and aim of as the arrow misses to the far right. After Isi fires, the guard on the left raises his hand bow and fires quickly while continuing to move left. The arrow misses wildly sending Wylan ducking to avoid the errant shot.[/font]
[font=copperplate gothic light]When the DM laughs, it is already too late![/font] :D

User avatar
Genghis
Master Gamer|Master Gaming Guy|Master Gaming Girl
Posts: 2332
Joined: Mon May 09 05 ; 3 40 pm
Location: Middle of Nowhere

Post by Genghis » Fri December 16 05 ; 11 10 am

"Hey! This jugger's on the bench!" Wylan cries in outrage, hoping to at least get one of the opponents to waste a look in his direction.
Once more unto the breach, dear friends!

User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Post by StormElfstone » Fri December 16 05 ; 1 16 pm

Isi moves another 15 feet closer to the guard on her right (now standing 10 feet away), and eyeing him closely she lets loose another arrow from her shortbow.
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

User avatar
Suyoi_Igarashi
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue May 24 05 ; 8 56 am
Location: Albany, NY

Re: Isa's Fight

Post by Suyoi_Igarashi » Sat December 17 05 ; 9 22 pm

Tegan frowned at Wylan's comment. There certainly wasn't enough room for comment coming from the larger man. If anything, Isa needed her concentration. Closing his eyes, he prayed for her next shot. "Please let her arrow fly true, Bringer of the Morning."
[font=Tahoma]"If these tears which scrawl their lucid signature from cheek to chin...
If my fists tremble for a moment in which the fabric of time teases to pause within their grasp..."
[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]A Collection of Absent Thoughts on a Tuesday Night.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]~Me circa November 12th, 2006[/font]

(http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/art/w/e/w ... y.jpg.html)

User avatar
chameleon
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon August 01 05 ; 9 24 am
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Isa's Fight

Post by chameleon » Fri December 23 05 ; 1 37 pm

[font=Garamond]This time Isi’s aim is better and the arrow buries itself in the guardsman’s shoulder. He releases his hand bow and draws his blades. The young lady is in range and the time has come for blades in the guardsman’s position. To her left the other guardsman lets loose his quarrel. It flies harmlessly past everyone.[/font]
[font=copperplate gothic light]When the DM laughs, it is already too late![/font] :D

User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Post by StormElfstone » Fri December 23 05 ; 1 59 pm

Isi stows her bow away on her back. She eyes the guard with a mischievous look in her eye. Her hand moves quickly to her side and draws one of the daggers from its scabbard. She then sends it spinning through the air towards the guard on her right.

(ranged attack bonus 5+1+1 (point blank shot, weapon focus, dagger)
damage 1d4+2+1)
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

User avatar
chameleon
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon August 01 05 ; 9 24 am
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Isa's Fight

Post by chameleon » Fri January 06 06 ; 12 52 pm

[font=Garamond]Isi’s aim with her dagger is true, but it is deflected by the light chain shirt the guard wears. The guardsman grins as if he had expected such a move. He steps forward to engage the young woman in hand to hand combat. Meanwhile the other guardsman reloads his handbow in preparation for shooting Isi again.[/font]
[font=copperplate gothic light]When the DM laughs, it is already too late![/font] :D

User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Re: Isa's Fight

Post by StormElfstone » Fri January 06 06 ; 1 31 pm

Isi remains unperterbed. Although the dagger failed to deal any damage atleast her aim had been true and she looks the guard in the eye, returning the grin as he steps towards her, she had been looking forward to this closer combat. With her right hand now free she throws him a quick and powerful punch (Stunning Fist Attack).

Attack bonus= +4
Stunning Fist attack, fortitude save DC=14
Damage= 1d6+2
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

User avatar
chameleon
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon August 01 05 ; 9 24 am
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Isa's Fight

Post by chameleon » Tue January 10 06 ; 11 10 am

[font=Garamond]Isi’s right hand flashes out quickly and glances off of the left shoulder of the guardsman. A laugh escapes his lips and a smile crosses his face. His swords slash out. The long sword whistles over Isi’s head, while the short sword tumbles to the ground as the guardsman looses his grip on the blade. Meanwhile, the other guardsman shoots another wildly errant shot and begins to reload his hand bow.[/font]
[font=copperplate gothic light]When the DM laughs, it is already too late![/font] :D

User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Post by StormElfstone » Tue January 10 06 ; 11 29 am

The grin disappears now from Isi's face. Her attempt to stun the guard had failed, but she took consolation in the fact that their attacks hadn't been any better than her own.

Desperate times call for desperate measures she thinks to herself and now draws out the rapier that was resting at her side.

She attempts to pierce through the guard's ribs with the rapier and with the dagger in her off hand she stabs at his soft belly.

Total attack bonus with rapier +2, crit 18-20x2, damage 1d6+2
Total attack bonus with dagger +3, crit 19-20x2, damage 1d4+2
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

Post Reply

Return to “Escape from Blackstone”