Isa's Fight

Blackstone Prison is one of the many dirty little secrets of
the Empire. It is the deepest, darkest, dankest, hellhole imaginable and where the Empire houses a collection of hardened criminals, 'political' prisoners, and those unlucky few who simply needed to disappear. Blackstone Prison was one of those places that everyone has heard about but was unwilling to talk about in polite company. Poor living conditions, horrible nutrition, forced labor, and a brutal sadistic humanoid guard force ensured that no one ever escaped from Blackstone.

You are a prisoner at Blackstone. It may have been days, weeks, months, or even years since you were incarcerated, but the indominatable force of Blackstone is beginning to crush any hope you have that you will ever leave Blackstone alive.

Moderator: chameleon

User avatar
chameleon
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon August 01 05 ; 9 24 am
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Isa's Fight

Post by chameleon » Tue January 24 06 ; 2 17 pm

[font=garamond]Isi reaches desperately for her rapier which quickly slides out of the sheath at her waist. A quick lunge forward connects and a small circle of blood begins to appear on the guardsman’s armor. As Isi slides back, the guardsman slashes out with his long sword opening a deep wound on Isi’s left arm. Spinning back inside of the man’s attack, Isi stabs forward with her dagger. The dagger slips through the guardsman’s armor and she hears him grunt as another wound is opened. Unfortunately for Isi, the guardsman’s other sword strikes out and opens a small wound on her right leg. Meanwhile to her side, Isi hears the clank as the quarrel slides into place on the hand bow.[/font]
[font=copperplate gothic light]When the DM laughs, it is already too late![/font] :D

User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Post by StormElfstone » Wed January 25 06 ; 9 29 am

Isi winced at the pain, determined not to cry out with the pain she gritted her teeth and kept her eyes on her attacker. She remembered Wylan's advice and hoped that these blades were not tipped with poison.
As usual she had over-estimated herself, and was disappointed that the guardsman had not yet gone down. Nevertheless she persisted and stabbed at him powerfully with the rapier, she gave out a growl of a scream as she did so, as much to add force to her blow as to take her mind off the sharp pain in her arm. She hoped the blow would finish him off, the she would turn her attention to the guard with the crossbow.

Total attack bonus +4, damage 1d6+2, crit 18-20x2
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

User avatar
Genghis
Master Gamer|Master Gaming Guy|Master Gaming Girl
Posts: 2332
Joined: Mon May 09 05 ; 3 40 pm
Location: Middle of Nowhere

Post by Genghis » Wed January 25 06 ; 1 29 pm

Wylan finds himself gritting his teeth in repressed frustration as Isi battles through her pain. What was this supposed to teach them? That they will be outmatched?! That they are insufficient fighting alone?! Lessons for a novice...

This was little more than the daily beatings they received as prisoners of Blackstone. Something to keep them down. Wylan looks over to Kith and wonders how he'll handle his fight. Then he shifts his gaze back to Isi and shakes his head. "Hey!" he shouts to his guards, "I'm ready for another round you louts!" The big man stands up and hefts the chain in his hands, trying to ignore the residual pain of his previous battle.
Once more unto the breach, dear friends!

User avatar
chameleon
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon August 01 05 ; 9 24 am
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Post by chameleon » Mon January 30 06 ; 9 48 pm

[font=Garamond]Isi attacks again with her rapier allowing the anger and frustration of the combat to power her attack. Once again she scores a hit and the guardsman goes down on one knee. As he begins to stand again, Isi hears the sound of the hand bow clicking as the quarrel is released.

Time seems to slow down to the point where Isi feels like she is moving in slow motion. If only she could move fast enough to turn around to see the quarrel coming and dodge it. Her head turns slightly and out of the corner of her eye, she sees the quarrel is flying true. But she has no time to dodge the shot and feels it bite into her lower back. Slowly her muscles begin to tire and she falls unconscious to the floor.

The medics are there quickly and moments later the guardsman is healed and Isi is woken from her unconsciousness.[/font]
[font=copperplate gothic light]When the DM laughs, it is already too late![/font] :D

User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Re: Isa's Fight

Post by StormElfstone » Tue January 31 06 ; 4 30 am

Isi stabbed at the guardsman, and felt a flash of triumph as he dropped to the floor. She also briefly felt a flash of happiness and hope as Wylan stepped in behind her to aid her in the fight. These emotions were short lived, though as barely seconds later Isi turned her head and saw an arrow heading towards her. Her hope turned to fear and everything seemed to go in slow motion as Isi tried to dodge the poisoned arrow...

Isadora awoke again on her bed. Realising what just happened she shut her eyes again, wishing it had all been a dream. I lost. Dammit She tries to talk but just manages a groan.
She then reluctantly stumbles out of bed to see how the others are doing.

OOC: Any chance of retrieving the thrown dagger? I might be needing a few more of those. :hm
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

User avatar
Genghis
Master Gamer|Master Gaming Guy|Master Gaming Girl
Posts: 2332
Joined: Mon May 09 05 ; 3 40 pm
Location: Middle of Nowhere

Post by Genghis » Tue January 31 06 ; 1 29 pm

Wylan clears his throat and Isi can see that he is seated by her bed looking ridiculously large on the small stool. "I see they patched you up, too." he says softly. "Still aches though," he taps the center of his chest.

"I just wanted to make sure you were, uh, OK, you know, and to tell you that you fought, well, you fought great. I think we're all supposed to lose." Wylan stands back up, letting out a large sigh, "Well, I guess it's time to watch the others take their beatings."
Once more unto the breach, dear friends!

User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Re: Isa's Fight

Post by StormElfstone » Wed February 01 06 ; 3 36 pm

Isi smiles. She'd really wanted to win the fight, even though it was two against one. Especially because it was two against one ;)

Waking up to the reality that she'd lost was harsh, but she smiled. Wylan had indeed made her feel better.

[font=Comic Sans MS]Thanks[/font] she said, her voice sounded weak, since she'd just woken up.

She then stumbled out of her bed and went to join the rest of the group and 'watch them get their beatings'.
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

Post Reply

Return to “Escape from Blackstone”