A Day of Rest

Blackstone Prison is one of the many dirty little secrets of
the Empire. It is the deepest, darkest, dankest, hellhole imaginable and where the Empire houses a collection of hardened criminals, 'political' prisoners, and those unlucky few who simply needed to disappear. Blackstone Prison was one of those places that everyone has heard about but was unwilling to talk about in polite company. Poor living conditions, horrible nutrition, forced labor, and a brutal sadistic humanoid guard force ensured that no one ever escaped from Blackstone.

You are a prisoner at Blackstone. It may have been days, weeks, months, or even years since you were incarcerated, but the indominatable force of Blackstone is beginning to crush any hope you have that you will ever leave Blackstone alive.

Moderator: chameleon

User avatar
Genghis
Master Gamer|Master Gaming Guy|Master Gaming Girl
Posts: 2332
Joined: Mon May 09 05 ; 3 40 pm
Location: Middle of Nowhere

Post by Genghis » Wed March 01 06 ; 12 37 pm

Wylan nods at Tegan's plan but corrects Isi somewhat, "I won't be hanging back, but moving up the front. If I do, you and Kaspar would be singled out. However, I will stand as a shield while Jared uses his mind to blast away from the front."
Once more unto the breach, dear friends!

User avatar
Suyoi_Igarashi
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue May 24 05 ; 8 56 am
Location: Albany, NY

Re: A Day of Rest

Post by Suyoi_Igarashi » Wed March 01 06 ; 12 48 pm

Tegan nods, motioning with his head towards Wylan. "That's the idea. We know that Wylan can take a hit, and they'll probably try to focus on him or Jared once they see what they both can do. And, with you, Isi, along with Kaspar, flanking the enemy or enemies, it will give them something to think about. If you all get hurt, or wounded, I should still be able to heal you. And, I can still lay into enemies from a distance with my missles." He looks about to see if there was any other comments concerning tomorrows exersize.
[font=Tahoma]"If these tears which scrawl their lucid signature from cheek to chin...
If my fists tremble for a moment in which the fabric of time teases to pause within their grasp..."
[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]A Collection of Absent Thoughts on a Tuesday Night.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]~Me circa November 12th, 2006[/font]

(http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/art/w/e/w ... y.jpg.html)

User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Re: A Day of Rest

Post by StormElfstone » Wed March 01 06 ; 1 29 pm

[font=Comic Sans MS]Sounds good, Tegan,[/font] Isi says nodding in his direction. It will be great to see how we all work together, she added, now looking forward to the following day's exercise. She hoped that they would, indeed, have a team exercise and was grateful for the opportunity to train before heading out into the wide world again.
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

User avatar
chameleon
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon August 01 05 ; 9 24 am
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Post by chameleon » Mon March 06 06 ; 2 07 pm

[font=Garamond]Kith listens as Tegan expresses some concern over his ability to help the group. Understanding the need to bolster the young man’s sense of worth, Kith quietly says,[/font][font=Monotype Corsiva]“I spent many years in the darkness of the Land Below. Very few people who inhabit that realm can stand any form of bright light … a candle for all intents and purposes to them is as bright as the sun. You will have value young Tegan Bayle, trust me on that if nothing else.”[/font]

[font=Garamond]As Wylan brought up strategy and tactics, Kith quietly listens to his companions as he tries to gauge their basic understanding of tactics. Kaspar readily admitted that he had no tactical training or experience. Not a bad thing to Kith’s way of thinking as that meant bad habits and poor training did not need to be fixed.

Moments later, Jared admits what Kith had suspected since the first combat trial with the guardsmen. He is a mind warrior, a psion. Did this mean they would face illithids in the Land Below? Did these silly soldiers of the empire know more than they had shared? Could it simply be a fortuitous occurrence?

Kith was a bit surprised at the depth of understanding that Tegan had for tactics. Perhaps this shy, retiring young boy could be molded into something fearsome, if only … [/font]


[font=Monotype Corsiva]“I would hazard a guess that tomorrows exercise will be in a dark, relatively tight space. These soldiers seem to have a true lack of understanding about the Land Below and will believe that it is similar to many of the lairs of the lesser developed races who live underground.

If we get a choice of weapons Wylan, I’d take something along besides the chain you favor. While it is a wonderful weapon, you might not have the room to use it in enclosed spaces. I’m sure they’ll be using sleeping darts again … so those who are comfortable with shields might want to consider their use. We should expect plenty of traps and ambushes … unless the guardsmen plan on simply using numerical superiority to defeat us.
Something we should probably consider before tomorrow’s exercise is some simple hand signals to let us know when to move forward, fall back, and spread out, etc. Anyone have any other suggestions?”[/font]
[font=copperplate gothic light]When the DM laughs, it is already too late![/font] :D

User avatar
Genghis
Master Gamer|Master Gaming Guy|Master Gaming Girl
Posts: 2332
Joined: Mon May 09 05 ; 3 40 pm
Location: Middle of Nowhere

Post by Genghis » Mon March 06 06 ; 2 49 pm

If Kith expected it to be thrown at them, Wylan knew it would be. Somehow, he just always had what they needed: light brooches, intellegence, his repoire with Thentias.

"I'll bring a longsword. They have some reach, but can be used easilly one-handed. It will allow me to carry a tower shield in the other hand; a spiked one if they have it. If we're forced itno single-file combat, I'd naturally want myself and my plating up front, but then I'm going to have to ask for Isi back. I'll need her eyes to avoid stumbling into traps."

He clears his throat, "Unless, of course, Kith wants the honor." He looks directly to the man, "You seem...multi-talented... you are stealthy, can fight better than the rest of us, and you know the layout of the Underdark. It seems to be the logical thing for you to take point. I will submit to the will of the group, however."
Once more unto the breach, dear friends!

User avatar
chameleon
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon August 01 05 ; 9 24 am
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Post by chameleon » Wed March 08 06 ; 1 53 pm

[font=Garamond]Kith shook his head. While he had an idea of what they would be facing tomorrow, the guardsmen had done a good job of keeping him out of the final exercise area.[/font]

[font=monotype corsiva]“This won’t be the Land Below … unless I miss my guess there is an underground dungeon of some sort that the Empire uses to train their soldiers in the art of underground combat that they’ve been guarding in the southwest corner of the compound. I can lead the way, but I think it would be best if Isi scouted out in front of us during the exercise. Everyone of you needs to trust that she can do the job if something untoward were to happen to me. Like you say though … I will leave it up to the will of the group …”[/font]

[font=Garamond]Having said his peace, Kith quietly rises and moves to his cot and begins his meditation exercises.[/font]
[font=copperplate gothic light]When the DM laughs, it is already too late![/font] :D

User avatar
Talon
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
Posts: 2850
Joined: Fri April 25 03 ; 7 28 am
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: A Day of Rest

Post by Talon » Thu March 09 06 ; 7 13 am

Well, I for one don't intend on losing tomorrow or in the land below. I don't share Kiths trepidation. As long as I draw a breath, I have no reservations about destroying anthing or anyone in my way.

That being said Jared rises and looks at the group I suggest we rest now. Something tells me that no matter what gets thrown at us, it wont be easy. We have a general idea of how we want to form a defensive line if we need to and that about the best we can do with no foreknowledge.

Jared turns and makes his way over to his cot and lies down. he drifts off into a meditative state looking completely relaxed and peaceful.
[align=center]Theres more to gaming than life!

Image[/align]

User avatar
Genghis
Master Gamer|Master Gaming Guy|Master Gaming Girl
Posts: 2332
Joined: Mon May 09 05 ; 3 40 pm
Location: Middle of Nowhere

Post by Genghis » Thu March 09 06 ; 11 33 am

Wylan lets out a weary sigh, but agrees. Without knowing more about tommorrow, he agrees there's little else to plan. He still wonders about the idea of having Isis in the front. Sure, she could scout, but if she unexpectedly met with resistance, would she be able to handle it?
Once more unto the breach, dear friends!

User avatar
fat_hampster
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 204
Joined: Sun July 31 05 ; 7 29 am
Location: England

Post by fat_hampster » Thu March 09 06 ; 5 43 pm

Kaspar is glad that the matter is settled, as thinking about it too long couldn't help that much, as they did not know what it will be like tomorrow, he said, "like jared said it is probably a good idea to get enough rest for tomorrow." With that he retires to his bed and goes into his elvic trance.

User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Re: A Day of Rest

Post by StormElfstone » Fri March 10 06 ; 1 39 pm

Isi looks around, puzzled, as the guys make their way to bed. To her it seemed the conversation was not yet finished. She shrugs and looks to Wylan and says, [font=Comic Sans MS]I don't mind going up front, if I get in trouble I might be able to roll out of the way of the enemy, or escape somehow and let you take over. Anyway, at the end of the day, it's still just training, right? So let's not get too worked up about it. [/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

User avatar
chameleon
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon August 01 05 ; 9 24 am
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Post by chameleon » Tue March 21 06 ; 7 17 am

[font=goudy old style]A new thread is up. The title of the thread is Going Down.[/font]
[font=copperplate gothic light]When the DM laughs, it is already too late![/font] :D

Post Reply

Return to “Escape from Blackstone”