Going Down

Blackstone Prison is one of the many dirty little secrets of
the Empire. It is the deepest, darkest, dankest, hellhole imaginable and where the Empire houses a collection of hardened criminals, 'political' prisoners, and those unlucky few who simply needed to disappear. Blackstone Prison was one of those places that everyone has heard about but was unwilling to talk about in polite company. Poor living conditions, horrible nutrition, forced labor, and a brutal sadistic humanoid guard force ensured that no one ever escaped from Blackstone.

You are a prisoner at Blackstone. It may have been days, weeks, months, or even years since you were incarcerated, but the indominatable force of Blackstone is beginning to crush any hope you have that you will ever leave Blackstone alive.

Moderator: chameleon

Post Reply
User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Post by StormElfstone » Sat September 23 06 ; 12 45 pm

OOC: Is there enough space to land between the moat and the wall if we try to jump across? If so, this is what Isi will suggest.
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

User avatar
chameleon
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon August 01 05 ; 9 24 am
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Going Down

Post by chameleon » Wed September 27 06 ; 9 38 am

[font=Garamond]Kith chuckles softly at Jared’s observation.[/font] [font=monotype corsiva] “No I don’t think knocking on the front door and asking for a cup of sugar will do the trick. I’m not sure the best way to proceed from here, but I’m sure that as a group we can come up with something that will work …”[/font]

[font=copperplate gothic light]OODM: The moat runs right up to the wall that surrounds the compound.[/font]
[font=copperplate gothic light]When the DM laughs, it is already too late![/font] :D

User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Re: Going Down

Post by StormElfstone » Wed September 27 06 ; 12 11 pm

[font=Comic Sans MS]"Well we could start by climbing down the cavern floor",[/font] Isi suggests. [font=Comic Sans MS]"Anyone got a rope?"[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

User avatar
Talon
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
Posts: 2850
Joined: Fri April 25 03 ; 7 28 am
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Going Down

Post by Talon » Wed September 27 06 ; 12 26 pm

Thentias didn't excatly leave me with much, so I'm afraid I don't have any rope


OOC: Can we safely climb down or are we needing some rope?
[align=center]Theres more to gaming than life!

Image[/align]

User avatar
fat_hampster
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 204
Joined: Sun July 31 05 ; 7 29 am
Location: England

Post by fat_hampster » Thu September 28 06 ; 9 04 am

Kaspar doesn't say anything, but starts looking to see if there is an easy place to climb down from the ledge. after listening to the others, and examining the area beneath them.

User avatar
chameleon
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon August 01 05 ; 9 24 am
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Post by chameleon » Thu September 28 06 ; 1 27 pm

[font=book antiqua]“Wasn’t there more in our backpacks than rations and healing potions?”[/font] [font=garamond]Tegan’s nervous voice asked from behind them.[/font] [font=book antiqua]“I was pretty sure they included some adventuring gear in there.”[/font]

[font=garamond]Sure enough, when the companions searched the backpacks, there was rope and some other miscellaneous adventuring gear. Minutes later, the companions had a rope tied off and they were carefully lowering themselves to the cavern floor as quietly as they could.[/font]

[font=copperplate gothic light]OODM: All of the backpacks have silken ropes in them. One has a small hammer and pitons in it. Everyone has a flint and a whetstone as well as a waterskin. Other small items you may want to think of can be included as long as it wouldn't be too unreasonable to assume that they might be there (DM discretion as always).[/font]
[font=copperplate gothic light]When the DM laughs, it is already too late![/font] :D

User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Post by StormElfstone » Sat September 30 06 ; 6 39 am

[quote="chameleon";p="67298"][font=copperplate gothic light] Other small items you may want to think of can be included as long as it wouldn't be too unreasonable to assume that they might be there.[/font][/quote]
Grappling hooks?

[font=Comic Sans MS]If we can get a couple of ropes across the moat using grappling hooks we can create a makeshift bridge, you know? One rope above the other, so you walk along the lower rope and hold on to the top one, then we can climb over the wall, [/font] Isi says, as if it's that simple and she begins to look around for something to attach the ropes to.

My spot modifier, incase you want it: +6
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

User avatar
chameleon
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon August 01 05 ; 9 24 am
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Post by chameleon » Mon October 02 06 ; 7 39 am

[font=Garamond]When they reach the cavern floor, Isi finds a pair of grappling hooks in one of the back packs. There is almost 900 feet of unobstructed cavern floor between the companions and the compound wall.[/font]

[font=book antiqua]OODM: You don’t see a place where one rope could be placed over the other to allow you climb over the wall. The base of the wall is smooth until it drops below the water line of the moat.[/font]
[font=copperplate gothic light]When the DM laughs, it is already too late![/font] :D

User avatar
Talon
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
Posts: 2850
Joined: Fri April 25 03 ; 7 28 am
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Going Down

Post by Talon » Mon October 02 06 ; 12 34 pm

He couldn't have possibly made this a little easier? No wonder he can defend this thing, anyone trying to get in is exhausted by the time they get there!

He starts to look around for way to get across the moat and over the wall.
[align=center]Theres more to gaming than life!

Image[/align]

User avatar
chameleon
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon August 01 05 ; 9 24 am
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Post by chameleon » Wed October 04 06 ; 6 52 am

[font=Garamond]Once again the timid voice of Tegan spoke up.[/font][font=book antique] “We could still use a grappling hook to string a single rope across the moat or even two at the same level to help us get across. It might be a bit noisy though when the grappling hook scrapes along the wall or hits the ground on the other side of the wall.”[/font]

[font=Garamond]There is a pause for a few seconds before Kith adds, [/font][font=monotype corsiva] “You know … maybe Isi, Kaspar or myself might be able to cross over the covered walkway, scale the wall, open the window, find our way down to the front door, and let the others in …”[/font]

[font=Garamond]A snort emitted from Waylan.[/font][font=Times New Roman] “We could always try the direct approach and try to break the front door down. Or maybe Kith or Isi could pick the lock and open it, if there is one.”[/font]
[font=copperplate gothic light]When the DM laughs, it is already too late![/font] :D

User avatar
Talon
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
Posts: 2850
Joined: Fri April 25 03 ; 7 28 am
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Going Down

Post by Talon » Wed October 04 06 ; 8 22 am

Jared thinks for a moment I actually like your idea Kith. Nice and stealthy, but the only drawback to that is if whoever is over there gets in trouble, there's nothing we can do to help...
[align=center]Theres more to gaming than life!

Image[/align]

User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Re: Going Down

Post by StormElfstone » Wed October 04 06 ; 1 50 pm

[quote="chameleon";p="67327"]
[font=Times New Roman] “Or maybe Kith or Isi could pick the lock and open it, if there is one.”[/font]
[/quote]

OOC: Is he talking about a lock on a door/gateway at the end of the covered walkway? If so I like that idea, but if not it'll have to be Kith's idea, although Isi will decide it's not the best time to bravely volunteer herself...
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

User avatar
chameleon
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon August 01 05 ; 9 24 am
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Post by chameleon » Thu October 05 06 ; 7 11 am

[font=Garamond]Kith nods at Jared’s response.[/font] [font=monotype corsiva] “All of the suggestions have drawbacks. If we try to cross the moat, we don’t know what is in the moat. We don’t know if the wall or the spikes have any unusual surprises in store for us. Nor do we know what pitfalls may lay between the outer wall and the walls of the inner structure. Finally, we still have to find a way in once we reach the walls of the inner structure.

The same goes for the covered walkway. Are there any traps or other surprises? Would it be possible for all of us to walk across the covering? If we could do that, could we drag Waylan’s rather large personage up the wall and through the window? Is the window trapped? Is it a fake … a mere illusion?

And the dangers of going through the front door are rather obvious … traps, tricks, and the potential immediate announcement of our presence in this place.

All are possible ways in, but none are perfect. It’s all a matter of choosing one that works for us.”[/font]


[font=copperplate gothic light]OODM: I'm looking for a choice of what you want to do. Also, are you taking any special precautions as you travel the 900 feet of so from where you are to the compound walls? Thanks![/font]
[font=copperplate gothic light]When the DM laughs, it is already too late![/font] :D

User avatar
chameleon
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon August 01 05 ; 9 24 am
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Post by chameleon » Mon October 16 06 ; 7 29 am

[font=Garamond]When no one speaks up or gives their opinion, Kith sighs. Increasingly they were looking upon him to make their decisions. He wondered what they would do if he were to suddenly disappear?

It wasn’t that he minded leading, but he was used to either the appearance of blind loyalty or several other strong personalities trying to force their opinion on him. This group had the appearance of neither and that both confused and bothered him. Nonetheless, they had a mission to complete. Kith wasn’t about to fail. He wanted his freedom.

He looks to his companions and begins to lay out what he thinks would be the best way across the cavern to the compound walls. When Kith is finished, everyone draws their weapons and begins to zig-zag across the cavern until they reach the compound walls. Everyone’s heart beats rapidly as they wonder if someone or something heard or saw them as they made the crossing.

Immediately they notice that the door has neither a handle nor an apparent lock. Kith looked to the others to see if they would express an opinion on what they would like do now. Would they search the door to see if there was some secret mechanism for opening it? Would they try to break the door down? Would they try to cross the moat and the courtyard? Or would they attempt to cross the stone covered walkway that led from the door to the building?

The clock was ticking … [/font]
[font=copperplate gothic light]When the DM laughs, it is already too late![/font] :D

User avatar
Talon
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
Posts: 2850
Joined: Fri April 25 03 ; 7 28 am
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Going Down

Post by Talon » Mon October 16 06 ; 9 11 am

Jared studies the door at a distance for a moment and finally says How about everyone ready an arrow or a spell or whatever ranged weapon you possess and I'll try to blast the door open as we stay at a distance of.. say 30 yards. That way, we wont be in any danger if any traps are triggered and anyone standing on the other side will most likely be eating the door if I can manage to blast it off it's hinges. Even if I just get it open, they wont expect us to be back here.

That also gives me a second to do anything else if we get attacked.


The thrill of unleashing such a brutal power upon the door fills him with excitiment and he can feel the start stimulation of adrenaline pumping through his veins.
[align=center]Theres more to gaming than life!

Image[/align]

Post Reply

Return to “Escape from Blackstone”