Chapter One: Tears of the Dawn

Falawyn is home, and has been for your family for as long as
time can remember. The meandering brooks, the vast forests, and the towering mountains are as familiar to you as the sound of your own voice. Life is good. Life is simple.

However... all things change.
darkrevni
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl

Re: Chapter One: Tears of the Dawn

Post by darkrevni » Fri March 24 06 ; 8 58 pm

Trelle notes the name and increases his speed down the mountain. His voice chanting out a calming Ork march song.

Song: Something about death and contentment, and a lost love who died in throes of passion for freedom, and be allowed one last blaze of glory before she fell.

Sandcrawler
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl

Post by Sandcrawler » Mon March 27 06 ; 10 56 am

The four name-givers move down the mountain at a steady, but swift pace. Concern lingers at the edges of each person's consciousness. Hope dwells there also, however... hope that the Dragon had some form of hatred for the Trolls that might not extend to their little village.

Rations are consumed while they walk, an assortment of dried meats and bread that would, under any other circumstances, be considered quite delicious. Ragen dismisses an attempt by Aiden to share in their rations. The big Troll has said no more after his name. Instead, he looks around with concern, his massive bow held in his hands at all times, and a massive black shaft pulled aside in the huge quiver strapped to his back.

The day moves on, and the sun begins to set. Typical of the mountains, the travellers go from travelling in full sun to near-darkness in the course of a candlemark, the sun disappearing behind the western slopes with a short blaze of color that quickly disappates to nothing.

In the distance, a sound can suddenly be heard. It is a bellow, deep and filled with anguish and hatred. The sound shakes the very ground, and it comes from the direction of their home...
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

darkrevni

Post by darkrevni » Wed March 29 06 ; 1 57 am

With a heavy heart Trelle continues toward his doomed village.

"So this is why my brothers and I were led here. They to die and I to avenge them. How close should we get little ones? I don't wish to sound the coward, but if we die we won't be able to take the dragon later.

This is our fate."
A morose tone hits his voice as he continues down the mountain.

Sandcrawler
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl

Post by Sandcrawler » Fri March 31 06 ; 5 00 pm

Ragen answers by picking up his pace and pushing ahead, past the steady pace of Trelle. His face is set into a grim mask of determination and hatred, and he unslings his mighty warbow as he walks in a near-jog down the hill. A long, black shaft is pulled from his massive quiver and is fitted to his bow without a word.
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

darkrevni

Post by darkrevni » Fri March 31 06 ; 6 57 pm

Trelle breaks into the fastest pace he can muster with clinging children, and readies his weapon.

"My Brothers..." His voice stops.

Utopia
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl

Post by Utopia » Tue April 04 06 ; 8 34 am

Dajja purposefully tumbles off of Trelle's shoulders, letting herself fall to the ground behind him. She gathers herself up from the dirt and dusts herself off and start to run toward the village, "Mum...." she says, trying to move a bit faster.
I don't want the world, I just want your half.

Return to “Red Embers of Falawyn”