Announcements

Ye olde depository

Moderator: Uvuriel

Gingerbread Guy
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl

Re: Announcements

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Thu May 18 06 ; 11 57 am

As a rule, I only bring new players/characters into a game if the game NEEDS it. It can be hard turning people down, but we have to face the reality that play-by-post is NOT table-top. There are major differences, and ignoring them can spell the end of a good game.

I'm always concerned with large groups in PBP that invariably someone will drop out, lose interest, or generally screw up the game for everyone. Call me bitter, but its happened to every game I've ever been in, ever. Not ONCE has a game here come to a close naturally, its always been through attrition.

Still, I would rather have two groups than one big one. Conversations between seven or eight players take forever as ultimately there is will always be at least one player who is busy with work, on vacation, sick, or something like that, and the game gets held up.

I think we have a really nice group going here, and frankly this game has me really excited. Maybe its selfish, but I don't want to see you burn out on us, Uvy. If you think you really can run what ammounts to two seperate games, then go for it.. if not, please exercise some restraint. I've made the mistake of running myself too thin before too, and it sucks for everyone.

~an increasingly paranoid Ginger

Genghis
Master Gamer|Master Gaming Guy|Master Gaming Girl

Post by Genghis » Thu May 18 06 ; 12 22 pm

I hear you there, Ginger. I, too, am excited by this game and would be scared to see you get burnt out, too.

Paranoid Man 2, played by Genghis
Once more unto the breach, dear friends!

Kord

Post by Kord » Fri May 19 06 ; 4 33 am

I'm in the same boat here, luckily we have a good group of players who post often right now

Uvuriel03
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
RPGHQ Founder / Admin

Post by Uvuriel03 » Tue June 06 06 ; 6 32 pm

Just so you guys know, whenever you roll, use This Website. Use your character's name (the same name every time). ^_^ Make a note of what the roll is for, and don't forget to add your bonuses in. If you forget, don't re-roll, just add it when you post it. I just thought this website was a cool tool and I want to try it out. :)

Uvuriel03
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
RPGHQ Founder / Admin

Post by Uvuriel03 » Sun June 18 06 ; 10 49 pm

Hey guys. Um, a few things.

First off, I'm sorry that I haven't been as active as I should be. I have other games I'm in, and with it being the last two weeks of school, things are... well... really really hectic. So I'm trying to get the last of my schoolwork sorted out, and I should be back to fully functional within two weeks, I hope.

Secondly, I know that some people are gone and stuff, and that others of you aren't completely done with your character sheets, but try to keep posting regularly regardless. I'm going to keep trying to get you on the road, so it'll take some major cooperation, methinks.

Anyway. I have big, huge hopes for this campaign. I went through it via tabletop already, so it's more or less all planned out already. I just have to finish looking over your character sheets (thus my lack of time, that takes a while. I'm a perfectionist.) Stick with me guys, and keep posting!
Last edited by Uvuriel03 on Mon June 19 06 ; 7 12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kord

Post by Kord » Mon June 19 06 ; 7 07 am

Still here........

Uvuriel03
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
RPGHQ Founder / Admin

Post by Uvuriel03 » Wed August 30 06 ; 8 42 am

I need everyone to respond to this please. I need to know who's all still around, again...

I'm thinking of restarting the fight--I lost a bunch of my notes on it when I moved into my new apartment, and they're all in boxes somewhere...

So we're gonna have to start when you guys are all on the road again. Sorry about this. =P

Kord

Post by Kord » Wed August 30 06 ; 9 11 am

still here :)

Genghis

Post by Genghis » Wed August 30 06 ; 11 35 am

Still here...

Why not just re-read the last page or two of posts to see what was going on with the spells and teh displacer beasts? You can always re-roll damage, and therefore keep the story flowing...

Uvuriel03
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
RPGHQ Founder / Admin

Post by Uvuriel03 » Wed August 30 06 ; 12 17 pm

Yeaaaaah, I could, but I changed around a bunch of the monsters to adjust their CRs (because they were too low) and I think I'll just take something straight out because right now I'm too busy to either redo it or find it, if it can be found. I know my mom was throwing out a bunch of stuff she thought I didn't need. >_< Yay for moms. Anyway, I'm gonna make it easier and faster for everyone, myself included. And more fun, too, I have a different idea in mind... *wrings hands excitedly, evil grin*

Uvuriel03
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
RPGHQ Founder / Admin

Post by Uvuriel03 » Thu August 31 06 ; 7 25 am

New Announcement!!

Okay, so here's what I would like you guys to do.

I have a list of things I'd like you to post for me about your character. I know this is making it seem almost like a freestyle RPG, but work with me. Like I said, I lost a bunch of my notes, and besides this could be fun. Be descriptive. (Don't make it TOO incredibly long... ;-) )
[hr][hr]
Name:
Clothing:
General Appearance:
Visible Weapons:
Other visible accessories:
Features of note:
Closest Friend/s (if any): You'll have to make this up. Have fun with it.
Name, type, and description of Mount:
Guilds/temples/etc. he/she is associated with: Double check with me if you want to add something.

[hr][hr]
Thanks. ^_^

Genghis

Post by Genghis » Thu August 31 06 ; 11 40 am

Well, I have a family funeral to go to tommorrow and I haven't got a whole lot of time to fill all that stuff out now, so I'll get back to you on that stuff later next week.

Any word from Gingerbread? Haven't seen him in my game for awhile, either...

Uvuriel03
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
RPGHQ Founder / Admin

Post by Uvuriel03 » Thu August 31 06 ; 7 09 pm

He's being busy. He's waiting until he gets his router up and running or something, I think, he said he might be back in business by tonight. Mebbe.

Genghis

Post by Genghis » Sat September 02 06 ; 1 29 pm

Rysancy
Wearing a velvety emerald colored dress. Her long black hair is held back by a silver tiara with an onyx stone. Brown hair, nearly black and chestnut eyes. She stands just over 5 feet tall and is lithe in frame. Her skin has grown more pale, but her full lips are still flushed.

No visible weapons whatsoever. At her belt hangs her spell component pouch, a coinpurse, and little else. She wears a silver necklace with a locket, and has a silver ring on her right ring finger.

Her closest friend is probably her ex-lover, though he doesn't match up to her present company. As for her horse, Midnite, well, she's a black mare of course, young and spirited. Definitely not part of any public guilds, I can assure you. Probably black-listed at teh wizards' college...

Uvuriel03
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
RPGHQ Founder / Admin

Kyzariel

Post by Uvuriel03 » Mon September 11 06 ; 2 05 pm

Name: Brine Ethwyn

Clothing: Nothing special. Just a plain traveler's outfit - dusty brown leather boots, dark brown pants with a leg pocket or two, a sturdy belt to attach things upon, a thin grey shirt covered by a brown vest-of-many-pockets, all graced by a shady cloak worn upon the shoulders.

General Appearance: Nimble features, as if built for precision and mobility (owing to the years of apprenticeship, the time spent adventuring etc.). Not very tall, the 27-year old has short auburn hair and usually displays a warm face. His dark brown eyes are not very expressive, mind ye...

Visible weapons: Short sword kept in scabbard and light crossbow strapped to back (bolts probably kept in a small quiver attached to his belt)

Other visible accessories: As most things are kept in pockets, little else is visible. As if he didn't seem to carry enough he can be seen with his bulky bag of holding on the back most of the times...

Features of note: As the working hours over the bench became more relaxed than in his apprenticeship and adventuring forced him to a more active life, Brine got a chance to straighten that slightly-bent back of his. Otherwise, adventuring brought its share of scars - most of them minor, unnoticeable ones; save for a few, chief of which is the one from an almost fatal chest wound

Closest friend: Jacq, the thief and partner of Brine in his former security business

Guilds/temples/etc. he is associated with: Brine is well known in Guildington due to his business. He is in the Clockmaker's Guild, but that is currently running thin, since he decided to focus more on security contraptions. Speaking of that, Brine had an idea of founding a guild concerning itself with such safeguard items, but aside from Jacq he had few others to turn to.

Return to “Old Intro Threads”