vadia

Moderator: Uvuriel

vadia
Novice

vadia

Post by vadia » Tue November 28 06 ; 5 36 pm

I have played a fair amount of both Tabletop and online
I am able to post approximately daily (though I cannot post on Saturdays) and I may post 2x's some days
I am more into stealthy, tracker and persuasive characters.
I would like to make a custom character
I am ovadeeovadia in aim.

Uvuriel03
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
RPGHQ Founder / Admin

Re: vadia

Post by Uvuriel03 » Tue November 28 06 ; 9 14 pm

I assume you know how to make a character then?

Go ahead and make one, 36 point-buy, and please use the Tangled Web profiler. =) If you don't know how to do point-buy, go to Invisible Castle and use their Dice Roller --> Point Buy system. It should be pretty self-explanitory. =)

You get full HP for level one, full starting gold by class.

If you do need any help, lemme know. Otherwise, just post your character sheet here when you're done, and I'll make a thread for you to post in! :D

vadia
Novice

Post by vadia » Tue November 28 06 ; 11 24 pm

Looking over your other posts I made my character(s) on thetangledweb.net so that I didn't mess it up, and have linked the character(s) to his(/their) name(s)

If you are willing to be flexible in many ways I'd love to play Lars who is a Rogue.

Lars was a Stable-hand -- just a normal stable-hand, (which is why I gave him a virtual level in expert {just the skills, not the abilities, for I figure that gambling and stable-hand knowledge aren't going to make or break a game}) until he learned about the benefit of insider information to gambling. Slight comments from other stable-hands like "Uthrial's Blade is getting tired -- We'd rest him, but we can't afford to do so until these few races are over" gave Lars the amazing ability to beat the odds amazingly often. This could be overlooked (even when he stooped to climbing up and hoisting himself onto the ceilings of certain parts of the stables in the racetrack just to gain more information (who looks at stable roofs anyway). And so Lars began to gather some small degree of wealth. Things were going well until Lars overheard something that he knew was wrong; some mage (or was it cleric -- whatever it's still illegal) just cast a spell to help Fae's spit (generally held to be third best in the race) to run a bit faster.

Well, Lars couldn't just let them cheat, so he surreptitiously let the judge know that he had been napping in the stables and heard a spell cast on the horse. Well, of course, the horse was disqualified, but not before Lars placed a bet that Fae's spit would not outpace one horse that race. Reluctantly the bet was kept, but only with enough loud complaining to let Lars realize that it drew attention to himself. Now Lars has to flee from the wrath of the owner and his attendants who burn with vengeance for the disqualification of their horse (and subsequent review by the race track).

[hr]
If you don't think that Lars would fit your campaign. Try Illuthriel, a minor noble whose parents indulged him in his "hunting phase" as they called it, "after all he is merely our second born -- if something happens his brother will take command, and if something happens to him, we shall have plenty of time to train Illy" Unfortunately brigands attacked his parents carriage (for the various shipments that they happened to be travelling with) killing them and his elder brother. At home it took weeks before receiving the news, but Illuthriel doggedly went ahead with the engagement between the houses and found himself wholly unable to tend his newly acquired estates. Drawn taut with grief and with the suggestions of his wife he took a reeve to help with the accounts. Meanwhile the wife found a neighboring noble, Duke L'Envers more to her liking than her husband and so she plotted with L'Envers and her reeve to create an imaginary debt for Illuthriel.

Illuthriel, being poor at ciphering, fell for the ruse completely and has made a deal with Duke L'Envers to help them remain out of debt by the surety of Illuthriel's joining a Mercenary crew. So, Illuthriel chose the best equipment they could afford to lose, and kissing his wife and (bastard) children farewell set off to employment which would keep his household afloat.

So, [you], what do you think?

Uvuriel03
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
RPGHQ Founder / Admin

Post by Uvuriel03 » Wed November 29 06 ; 8 08 am

Well this will be a one-on-one campaign, so I can conform to whatever you'd like to play. Lars is fine. =) I looked him over, it looks pretty good. You don't have any languages listed though.

I'm assuming you don't have standard weapons or armor because of your history (which by the way, I really liked for both characters!), right? I can work with that, I'm sure. ^_^

If you're good to go, I'll set up a new game ASAP. =)

vadia
Novice

Post by vadia » Wed November 29 06 ; 10 01 am

I'm glad to hear about your flexibility!

You are correct, Lars made a hasty getaway -- merely knife on hand because a guy has to have something with which toprotect himself.

As far as Languages, whatever languages a Stablehand might pick up, Lars did (unless there are more than 2). Whatever he didn't have a chance to pick up yet, he has time to work on -- hopefully.

I'm ready to RP when you are.

Baphomet
Punk||Chic

Post by Baphomet » Wed November 29 06 ; 10 11 am

I don't know why you are asking me what I think, but I think they're both cool ideas. More detailed backgrounds than I ususally go for. I like.
I met her at the E.O.D
She sank her dew claws into me
We stepped out to watch the tide come in
She said a little swim would do some wonders for your skin
I shed my old self, slipped into the sea

One glance was all it took
She gave me the Innsmouth look

Uvuriel03
RPGHQ Founder / Admin
RPGHQ Founder / Admin

Post by Uvuriel03 » Wed November 29 06 ; 11 15 am