The Burgomaster's Son

Ravenloft. Land of mists, darkness, and madness. Barovia.
The first land, and possibly the last you will ever see.

Join us for an "old school" game of D&D, with a darker side.

Moderator: Hollow Kitten

Hollow Kitten
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl

Re: The Burgomaster's Son

Post by Hollow Kitten » Mon March 12 07 ; 4 37 pm

[font=Microsoft Sans Serif][nbsp][nbsp][nbsp][nbsp][nbsp]Lita screams as a hail of arrows comes down the passage, hitting her before she gets a chance to raise her shield or allow the doors to close.
[nbsp][nbsp][nbsp][nbsp][nbsp]"Dammit child, shoot!"
[nbsp][nbsp][nbsp][nbsp][nbsp]She moves the shield around from one side and uses it to protect her face as she looks around for the little rogue, a highly unhappy expression on her face when she doesn't find her at her post any longer but she doesn't say anything further on the matter. The arrows stop, but she keeps holding the door open, feet planted.
[nbsp][nbsp][nbsp][nbsp][nbsp]"Let's just get in there and kill the freaking thing."[/font]

Suyoi_Igarashi
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl

Post by Suyoi_Igarashi » Tue March 13 07 ; 12 00 pm

Percival blinks at Kalira's words, though makes no more move to question her. Rising, he tries to ignore the leash upon his neck, though he does adjust his ascot about half-a-dozen times, its position never seeming satisfactory.

"If the matter is pressing, I will be glad to lend assistance, Kalira. Just, try not to let Rune's disturbing perversions get the better of your next time."

Readying Olivia with smooth grace, he aims it at the doorway, glancing at Lita's sudden distress. His eyes catch on Rune's form, frowning at the fact of failure to protect the woman from such a barrage.

"I say, if she needs help, we thrust ourselves deep into the matter. Rune, I shall follow your lead, but pray I need no more than the projectiles within my sweet woman."
[font=Tahoma]"If these tears which scrawl their lucid signature from cheek to chin...
If my fists tremble for a moment in which the fabric of time teases to pause within their grasp..."
[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]A Collection of Absent Thoughts on a Tuesday Night.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]~Me circa November 12th, 2006[/font]

(http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/art/w/e/w ... y.jpg.html)

Maeve Oren
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl

Post by Maeve Oren » Tue March 13 07 ; 1 48 pm

Kalira's ears pick up the clatter of arrows from behind her. She turns in time to see the frown upon Lita's face and shrugs. She picks her bow up off the floor and, keeping her head low should any more arrows pour forth from the door, makes her way back to her post.

"Well it's no' like I knew they wou' fire. It might 'ave been a delay'd trap, y'know. 'Ail of arrows like tha' cou'nt 'ave been from a person, unless there's a dozen o' 'em." She explains from her regained cover behind the altar. " 'Sides, I thou' we cou' use Peacock's 'elp." Kalira adds defensively.

Angel of Wrath

Post by Angel of Wrath » Wed March 14 07 ; 11 03 am

Steel answers brittle words cast out of youthful lips with a sneer sharper then a devils wit.
"More like I cut the path and you shoot them off me I hope you mean. Ready percy ..here We go.."

Silver blade leading the point inward as he cleans the darkness back with filtering elvish sight.

"Percy ,make sure to keep a eye on the wall please. Kalaria ,that door secure or you think you can spike it open ?

Suyoi_Igarashi
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl

Post by Suyoi_Igarashi » Fri March 16 07 ; 9 15 am

Percival nods at Rune gruffly, feathered hat bobbing in poised rhythm. Bringing Olivia to aim, he keeps his eyes on the aformentioned wall with a paranoid grace and neurotic attention to detail. Steps eased in pace by pace, he begins to hum a little in his head, to keep the deafened silence from overwhelimg him.
[font=Tahoma]"If these tears which scrawl their lucid signature from cheek to chin...
If my fists tremble for a moment in which the fabric of time teases to pause within their grasp..."
[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]A Collection of Absent Thoughts on a Tuesday Night.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]~Me circa November 12th, 2006[/font]

(http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/art/w/e/w ... y.jpg.html)

Maeve Oren

Post by Maeve Oren » Mon March 19 07 ; 4 48 pm

Kalira grumbles something inaudible to the others and again stores her bow. She pulls out a length of rope and ties the door off to one of the overturned pews nearby. Checking the knots twice, she scurries off after the others, dagger drawn this time. She slips into the darkness and lets it envelope her as she follows keeping her eyes on the wall that Percival isn't watching. In her off hand, Kalira carries the hood lantern from before to light their path.

"Bugger! I don' like this one bit." She swears softly. Her keen roguish eyes search for traps as they walk along the corridor. She keeps an eye out for false walls and secret passages too, sometimes pausing for a few seconds to examine a portion of wall or floor.

Hollow Kitten

Post by Hollow Kitten » Tue March 27 07 ; 11 57 am

[font=Microsoft Sans Serif][nbsp][nbsp][nbsp][nbsp][nbsp]Lita rolls her eyes a bit before reaching over and bapping Percy on one side of his head, jarring loose the wax from his ear a bit. "Pull the damn wax from your ears, Percival."

[nbsp][nbsp][nbsp][nbsp][nbsp]A cold blast of air comes from down the hall, and the slamming of a door over and over as a wind gust threatens to rip it off it's hinges echoes down the corridor toward the group with a sense of menace.[/font]

Maeve Oren

Post by Maeve Oren » Tue April 10 07 ; 5 03 pm

Kalira suppresses a squeak, sucking in her breath sharply with a light hiss. She strains her eyes against the darkness beyond the lantern light, trying to pick out which of the doors are making the awful racket. Kalira tip toes through the shadows, making little noise other than her surprise at the swinging doors.

If things get any worse, she thinks to herself, I might just die of fright and save the creature/ghost/thingy the trouble of making me a corpse. Kalira continues to remain as hidden as possible, her dagger concealed from the light of the lantern so that it doesn't reflect. Keeping her head down, she continues to carefully walk along the wall, searching for traps and hidden passages.

Hollow Kitten

Post by Hollow Kitten » Tue April 24 07 ; 5 34 am

[font=Microsoft Sans Serif][nbsp][nbsp][nbsp][nbsp][nbsp]The group starts to make it's way down the corridor slowly, each ready for whatever seems to be waiting for them on the other side of the slamming door. The hallway is bare, save for the splinters of the pew flung earlier... and the wooden shutters with rusty latches all along the right.
[nbsp][nbsp][nbsp][nbsp][nbsp]The door is the furthest door down the hall on the left, but the group passes by several other doors to reach it. Each has it's own distinct creepy feeling about it, as if it were simply waiting to be opened and set free upon the world.[/font]

Return to “Still of the Night”