RPGHQ Founder / Admin

OOC, Important Information, DM Issues

Post by Talon » Tue January 02 07 ; 10 39 am

Code: Select all

Forum:	The story unfolds...
Topic:	OOC, Important Information, DM Issues
---------------------------------------------

Talon:
Just a note.. Ky'rith is not and elf.. I used the race as a comparison for his build... He actually looks human with a fairly slender build

Suyoi_Igarashi:
:DD *grins* Well... you've got long hair... and you're built like an elf.*grins again* Elfie elfie elfie boy!*giggles* Look at the elfie bo!*chuckles as he draws a picture of an elf with buck teeth the size of his body*Hee hee hee!Mwahaha!... *cleares his throat* Oh.Well... your description left the option open to obvious misconception of race and blah blah.^__^ :DD

Suyoi_Igarashi:
And as a side note, I know that originally I had said the closest tavern was Shakehammer's Tavern... and it's true.Shakehammer runs the Broken Headboard.*wink wink* That's my solution!*chuckles manically*If you're wondering, I do almost all my posting like a real gamer... at about midnight until 5am at work, so sometimes certain embelished details don't exactly line up as well... I should re-name the OOC room to the OOPS, Josh is having no sleep issue-ettes. *giggle* >.<0

Talon:
Suyoi_Igarashi wrote (View Post): › docWrite("quote"):DD *grins* Well... you've got long hair... and you're built like an elf.*grins again* Elfie elfie elfie boy!*giggles* Look at the elfie bo!*chuckles as he draws a picture of an elf with buck teeth the size of his body*Hee hee hee!Mwahaha!... *cleares his throat* Oh.Well... your description left the option open to obvious misconception of race and blah blah.^__^ :DD

WOW!Someone is slap happy!! :P
As requested, I renamed the thread for you!hehe

Suyoi_Igarashi:
*blinks* Did I request it?*scratches his head* I don't remember asking specifically for it, but who cares about specifics, right?*blinks again*

Suyoi_Igarashi:
General announcement:
If anyone hears from DKC (Player of Shoji Shawa) please let me know... also, if anyone knows where he went to or if they find him dangling from the edge of the world, let me know.I know he is in the guard and such has a rather disfunctional scheduel.I will wait one more day (I pm-ed him a while ago) before his slot and character become available...
>.< *pouts*

Suyoi_Igarashi:
Alright everybody!Feel free to voice your complaints and rants here, honestly.It's all okay, and if I don't like it, I can delete it^,,^
I guess DKC is out, but we have a very good group, and no fears on becoming a group, for there shall be a way soon, I hope...*grumbles and mumbles about geas and life not being fair*In any case, I hope you're all having fun.Keep up the good writing.
Oh!And I will be recieving my new Lap Top computer by Tuesday, so hopefully I will be posting more and keeping the action up to speed as best as I can!As most of you know, I post at night because that's when I work, but the updates will be made throughout the day soon!
I think that's all I gotta rant about now, so to all, may your day be filled with unexpected excitement!
Joshua

Suyoi_Igarashi:
I apologize for the lack of posting the other day.The computers at the hospital were disconnected from the internet due to maintanence upgrades and blah blah blah.I will now resume you to your regularly schedueled posting.That is all.^.^>.<

Suyoi_Igarashi:
COMING SOON!!!
I will write up the political and guild connections and houses for the city.Please use them as you may have gained them... ie... outsiders know the top pieces of information only and obscure details are for characters who have homes and placements in the city.It is also a good reference for those of you who would have foreknowledge of the city prior to your arrival for whatever reasons... ie... who would have the larger control on the black market or who manufactures the best treasure maps of the isle ect.We're all good players here.Honestly, its just so I can help keep three seperate notebooks of notes straight >.<

Suyoi_Igarashi:
Okay, guys.Sorry about not posting today.Call it a personal mental health day.I'll post later Monday about the bank and a reply at the Ore and Stone.*shakes his head*Again, sorry about the delay.

Suyoi_Igarashi:
If this is going too slow or is too detailed let me know.I can speed it up at any moment without recourse.You can respond here!^_^

Gingerbread Guy:
Hey Suyoi,
Talon is feeling really ill this weekend, and he may be away from the boards for a couple days, perhaps until wednesday or thursday even.Just a heads-up.He asked if I could take over Ky'rith for him, but I don't really know the character well enough, so perhaps you could adjucate his actions at least until he gets back.
~Ginger

Suyoi_Igarashi:
*nods* That's fine.I'll try to do what he does.At least I don't have to worry about dialogue that much.*grin*

Talon:
Quote: › docWrite("quote") At least I don't have to worry about dialogue that much.
NICE!!lol
hehehe.. thanks.I'm kinda back, but work is really busy so I will try to respond daily, but my responses may be short.The inability to speak tends to shorten my responses anyways.hehee

Suyoi_Igarashi:
Guys,
Sorry for the distractions.RL tends to rip and tear to get at what it wants when it calls your number.I do apologize.I will be able to continue on Monday the 7th evening.Sorry again for the delay.

Foxtails:
Hey guys, 
After a few false starts I finnally got in touch with Suyoi. Turns out he's been in and out of the hospital recently and not as part of his job. He's better now, but while he was in his internet got shut off and it'll take a few days for him to get back online. Hope everyones ready to play 'cuase it sounds like he's ready to go as soon as he can get hooked up again.

Gingerbread Guy:
Wow, poor guy!If you talk to him again, give him my best.I'm definetly around when he's ready, but please instruct him to take it easy!
~Ginger

Talon:
Ah.. please give him my best.Hopefully he's taking it easy!

Foxtails:
Well, Suyoi's still out with computer problems. He has a internet connection, but no computer to use it with right now. Another week maybe... I hope... 
He sends his regards and says "I'm not dead yet" :P

Suyoi_Igarashi:
Sorry for the inconvenience of real life interjecting her ugly head.I might be able to start posting soon enough.Any interested parties who wish to continue the Shadow of the Crescent please PM or post here.All characters in other games will have to remain where they are (either killed, driven out ect) as time constraints allow little more than posting a couple times a week.Keep safe, as always, and happy gaming
Suyoi - Joshua

Foxtails:
i'm in, hope this gets going again soon

Hollow Kitten:
Me, me, me!I wanna play too!
~ Guess who?

Hollow Kitten:
Sorry to all if it seems like I was butting in.Suyoi and I go way back, honestly.We helped each other develop game systems and settings years ago.
*waves to everybody*
I put up some of the stuff I had from my notes here, and can PM you some of the monsters we made if you want, or I can post them on one of your threads.
Feel free of course to edit as needed to adjust it to your needs for this game.I just thought you might want them.

Hypo Luxa:
I'm still in (This is Talon).Welcome back!

Hollow Kitten:
Where oh where has my Suyoi gone...Oh where, Oh where can he be?
You know where I live!
Wait...that came out wrong.Can I start over?

Suyoi_Igarashi:
Changed the layout of the forum to make it easier to find and store things.Sorry if this inconveniences anyone.Also, I am going to put up another open slot if anyone is interested in pushing recruitment.It might be nice to have a healer, but that is the PCs perogative.^.~I can rp any number of NPCs if need be, but I will toss it out there again on the PBP Forum, too.
Also, I will be running a side thread for a political angle that you may or may not wish to read.Please remember OOC knowledge and IC knowledge as this may or may not develope into 'spoilers' though I hardly doubt I can't keep you all guessing in any event anyways.^_^

Suyoi_Igarashi:
ALSO!I will be posting XP for Chapter 1.Ky'rith and Mi'yuki can plan on leveling up.

Hypo Luxa:
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Uvuriel03:
Hey guys.I'm gonna guess I'm not the only one with this problem, but yay for exams...I'm gonna be really busy all this week finishing my website (which, by the way, I would LOVE some extra feedback on! --->D&D: Customizing the Rogue<---) and writing two 7-page papers.Then next week is exams, which will suck, because I have 2 exams right in a row starting at 8am on both Tuesday AND Thursday.>_<So.Yeah, I'll be busy.
I'll TRY to post, but I probably won't be posting as much as usual.

Hollow Kitten:
Suyoi, here is your grid.
I overwrote the older file so it's set to the start of Round 1.
Just do with as you need.
Wuvs you!

Suyoi_Igarashi:
On the map above, Dra'nya moved directly between Mi'yuki and the 'Troll' for combat.Sorry about the horrid delay.RL, and Xmas shopping has taken its toll on what little monies I have left and what little sanity there was, if any, left.>.<

Hollow Kitten:
:sorry I called Suyoi this morning and he's been pretty sick the last few days.Just didn't want anybody to worry.He hasn't poofed from existance, just resting.

Hypo Luxa:
Hope he gets better soon!Being sick sux!

Hollow Kitten:
Yeah, he has a bad case of the flu.I could hardly understand him over the phone but when I talked to him yesterday he said he thinks he is finally starting to get better.
He tried to go to work while he was sick and made it worse.But he was getting lots of bedrest last I checked!(^_^)

Hypo Luxa:
I think we need to strap him down and make him stay home and get better.If he refuses, we'll make him listen to Barry Manilow on repeat...

Suyoi_Igarashi:
Uhm... the bed-strapping-down thing sounds nice.The Barry Manilow is just EEEEVIL! -3 xp!!!Mwahahahahaha

Hypo Luxa:
Suyoi_Igarashi wrote (View Post): › docWrite("quote")Uhm... the bed-strapping-down thing sounds nice.The Barry Manilow is just EEEEVIL! -3 xp!!!Mwahahahahaha
oh.. did I say Barry Manilow?I meant ummm.. what group do you like again?

Suyoi_Igarashi:
Nice try, T.Heh heh heh.I'm sure there's some way we can work this out later.^.~

Hypo Luxa:
Suyoi_Igarashi wrote (View Post): › docWrite("quote")Nice try, T.Heh heh heh.I'm sure there's some way we can work this out later.^.~
hehe.. I had to try!:*
[align=center]Theres more to gaming than life!

Image[/align]

Hollow Kitten
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl

Re: OOC, Important Information, DM Issues

Post by Hollow Kitten » Tue January 02 07 ; 10 55 am

*huggles Talon*

We know you are working hard on the board!

At least there was a backup of the stuff. Which is more than I can say for a Play-by-Chat I was running... I had to quit after I wiped it all out with no backups.

I was on the phone with Suyoi when it happened and I was crying I felt so bad.

*huggles again*

And I wuv the Arcade section! And the new themes!

Suyoi_Igarashi
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl

Post by Suyoi_Igarashi » Mon January 08 07 ; 11 41 am

All right. Maybe you have seen the rash of horrid pictures of pseudo-anime-like characters, but I've started with this group as well. (Gives me practice) So, I need colors and descriptions of your charac- Oh! I need TALON to give me color and descriptions of Ky'rith for me, please. *jab jab evil dm jab*
[font=Tahoma]"If these tears which scrawl their lucid signature from cheek to chin...
If my fists tremble for a moment in which the fabric of time teases to pause within their grasp..."
[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]A Collection of Absent Thoughts on a Tuesday Night.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]~Me circa November 12th, 2006[/font]

(http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/art/w/e/w ... y.jpg.html)

Hollow Kitten

Post by Hollow Kitten » Mon January 08 07 ; 12 56 pm

I think there is a description of Dra'nya in your playbill. And my height, weight, hair, and eyes are listed on my character sheet.

Suyoi_Igarashi
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl

Post by Suyoi_Igarashi » Mon January 08 07 ; 1 21 pm

This is a re-cap of the message in the main thread.

To save time with combat, I'd like to have your actions for general combat. IE "Attack flanking creatures and avoid getting dirty" or "Attack weaker monsters or spellcasters first" or "Cast offensive spells at clerics/healers." Of course, for each combat, you can specify actions, such as, "Killing that Fa'la zatoast Illithid at all costs."

I'll handle initatives and hopefully, if things all play right, we can conclude combat quicker. If you have a particular action you'd like to take, take it. Please, also, state any actions you'd take should certain circumstances arise if they appear eminant or relevant. For example, should Mi'yuki fall in combat, Dra'nya would use the Djore on her. Of course, it doesn't need to be stated immediately. It would, however, save time. That is the main goal; saving tme. For combat, I would like to have one round a day, at least. Should things be going in your favor, I'll mop up for you.

So, as a recap. Please post your intention in the combat for the first round. Then, post what you'd like your main role to be for the combat; Make sure you list your offensive or defensive intentions. Finally, after each 'round' of combat, please post your description of the action or make changes to your characters goals/targets. If you do not post, I'll take it as a continuation of the current ideas. (No, I'm not a stupid AI and will have you continuously striking at the golem with your fists, your weapon having no effect.) Also, qualifiers are great here as well.

Please feel free to post your thoughts on the OOC board and we'll see how this all shapes up. And if it goes horridly wrong, we'll just blame the drow. After all, this is her idea from another game. Besides, always blame the drow.
[font=Tahoma]"If these tears which scrawl their lucid signature from cheek to chin...
If my fists tremble for a moment in which the fabric of time teases to pause within their grasp..."
[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]A Collection of Absent Thoughts on a Tuesday Night.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]~Me circa November 12th, 2006[/font]

(http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/art/w/e/w ... y.jpg.html)

Hollow Kitten

Post by Hollow Kitten » Mon January 08 07 ; 1 31 pm

LOL

Well, Dra'nya acts mostly as a fighter. She only uses her Psionics to enhance her abilities as such. So if it's at range and closing, she'll usually Hustle to get an extra attack on it in the first round. If it's at range but not closing (especially if it is a spellcaster, since she has magic resistance) she'll just shoot it with the hand crossbow.

She'll cover people in the party who she views as less strong than herself (which in this case at the moment is both of them). If she can get surprise on it, she'll jump and attack from above, otherwise just going head on and if it's too strong, using faerie fire in the face or darkness to make a hasty retreat.

I guess that is about it. Anything else I'll improvise, you know me. For this next combat, due to her background she will ready her Defense Modes to shield herself from Mind Blast and attempt to take out the Illithid first (assuming she sees one up there).

Hollow Kitten

Post by Hollow Kitten » Sun January 14 07 ; 8 25 pm

*cough*

Guys... come on!

*cough*

Suyoi! Come on!

Hollow Kitten

Post by Hollow Kitten » Sun February 18 07 ; 7 59 pm

I got ahold of Suyoi on Friday by phone. He says his internet has been off and he wasn't feeling well with being overworked on top of it.

He says he should be on this week or next though, he's just waiting to get the net turned back on at this point.

Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin

Post by Hypo Luxa » Mon February 19 07 ; 8 53 am

Thanks for the update!
[align=center]

Image[/align]

Foxtails

Post by Foxtails » Sat March 03 07 ; 9 11 pm

yay! thanks for getting in contact with Suyoi, hope you had an easier time than i did when i did the leg work :wink:
being lost in Solitude
and seeing a forbidden dream

Return to “The Story Unfolds”