Scene 1: The Summoning

All things have a beginning and Karma is no exception to this rule. This is where the story begins...

Moderator: Hypo Luxa

User avatar
Uvuriel
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 2510
Joined: Wed March 28 07 ; 12 50 pm
Location: Kalamazoo

Re: Scene 1: The Summoning

Post by Uvuriel » Wed June 06 07 ; 3 21 pm

[[OOC: Lol, everyone's posts are fixed... ^_^]]

Rachel, who has been sorting out her dice by number of sides and color, and then stacking them obsessively, easily picks out her blue and cream swirly colored d20 and tosses it in the air slightly. She catches it, and shaking it around in a closed hand, says "Yay, my first roll of the game! I hope it's a good one--that'd bode well for me." She smiles hopefully and then opens her hand, tossing her d20 onto the table...

[dice]1d20 = 1139993297 = Fixed[/dice]

When her die finally lands on a number, she leans over to see what it is. Her lips immediately pull into a slight sneer.

"A two," she says flatly. "Great. Let's hope that luck changes..."
[font=Century Gothic]That is it!! Roll for initiative.
I hope you like pain.[/font]
My Myspace page! (And my beach!)

User avatar
Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu June 10 04 ; 6 17 am

Re: Scene 1: The Summoning

Post by Hypo Luxa » Thu June 07 07 ; 7 49 am

Well folks.. It seems nobody noticed the *rolls a few dice* Eight kobolds rushing up behind you. You do hear their approach as they get within 15 feet of you, but your reaction is not quick enough to be ready to counter attack as they were at a full run when you heard them. *another roll of several dice* How the heck you pulled this one off I'll never know, but all of the Kobolds MISSED you! Ok roll for in... Wha?

Suddenly, a bright flash of light fills the room with blinding intensity followed by a very loud crack such as if a whip where in the hands of an expert. After a moment or two, everyones eyes begin to adjust back to the now normal ambient lighting of the room only to find a small black humanoid with leathery black wings standing in the middle of the living room with a wild grin gazing around at everyone. Before anyone can speak, the imp howls with delight Yes, you will all suit my master as pawns in his game! Yes, yes! He will be very pleased. Very pleased indeed!

The imp spins and points at Steve You will stay! Your are not part of the masters game. With a snap of his fingers, Steve falls into a crumpled heap on the floor. Someone lets out a muffled scream and someone else lets out a gasp of shock, but to everyones relief, The heap begins to expand and contract slightly as Steve lays in a deep sleep.

The imp spins back around and says a few incomprehensible words in a tongue you have never in your life heard. He begins to cackle hysterically as each of you begin to feel slightly dizzy. As the dizziness grows, you feel as if you are in an oven that has suddenly raised the temperature to well above boiling. The dizziness continues to grow and you start to feel as if you are hurtling through time and space so fast that your skin may very well peel from your body, yet you feel no pain.

Your body suddenly goes numb as you hit the cold ground. The force knocks the wind out of you and your mind begins to cloud until nothing exists. Unconsciousness wraps her arms around you tightly and for the last lingering moment before darkness consumes you, you wonder if you are dead.

You awake to the sound of a thunderous boom with a force that shakes the earth upon which you lie. You feel strange, and wet. Very wet in fact. Opening your eyes, you see that you are lying on a grassy field and they sky is an ominous dark gray with a green hue to it. Before you have a chance to wonder what hell is going on you realize that you have seen the sky look like that before and you immediately know that it's time to take cover somewhere, anywhere.

Rising to your feet, the strangest feeling comes over you. You don't feel like yourself anymore. Looking down, to your surprise, you are no longer garbed in what you were before you passed out. You begin to wonder again just what the hell happened and you are answered by a bright flash followed by another ground shaking thunderous boom and a fresh downpour of rain. Soaked and knowing that the sky is about unleash a deadly fury, you look around for a place to seek shelter. You realize that you are utterly alone; there is nobody around you. As bolts of lightning begin to slam from clouds to the ground, pieces of hail begin to strike the earth and you, pressing the fact that you need to find shelter now.

Ahead, in the distance, a large tor rises from the ground, it's form illuminated by the occasional lightning bolt. It seems rocky and solid, and though climbing it in this weather would be folly, it might have some outcropping that would provide safety from the storm. The only alternative is to endure the weather and hope for the best!


*Please locate your private forum and reply with your action there... and yeah I know my photoshopped image is crappy.. I threw it together really fast*
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[align=center]

Image[/align]

User avatar
Uvuriel
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 2510
Joined: Wed March 28 07 ; 12 50 pm
Location: Kalamazoo

Re: Scene 1: The Summoning

Post by Uvuriel » Thu June 07 07 ; 4 20 pm

[[OOC: I replied in mine, just so's ya know.]]
[font=Century Gothic]That is it!! Roll for initiative.
I hope you like pain.[/font]
My Myspace page! (And my beach!)

Post Reply

Return to “[Krma] Prologue: The Dawn of Karma”