Dubbya Tee Eff

Moderator: Hypo Luxa

Gingerbread Guy
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl

Dubbya Tee Eff

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Thu June 07 07 ; 1 35 pm

"Steve!" Kevin shouts, alarmed by the sound of his own voice - which wasn't his own voice at all, which was really the alarming part. He spits rain water off his lips as he staggers about in his new body. Walking around on Jane's legs felt like being strapped to stilts. The incredibly massive sword strapped to her - his? - hip didn't help the balancing act any either.

What the flying hell is going on? This is beyond special effects.. I'm going out of my mind!

He absently staggers towards the tor in hopes of finding shelter, slipping on the wet grass and stumbling about in the unfamiliar body. Her armor feels tangling and awkward, though surprisingly light under her incredible might. His mind races.

Okay, think. THINK! What did you drink? Diet coke, from my own bag. Did you eat anything weird? Magic brownies maybe.. no. God, I must have eaten something. This is a hallucination.. this is just drugs.

He stops and looks around. Staring at his hands, he carefully flexes them and studies them down to the finest detail. It all seemed so real.

Okay, really good grade-A colombian super drugs. I think I saw a special about this stuff on the Discovery Channel. Oh please let this be drugs.

Still staring, he pulls off a heavy leather gauntlet - callouses from working the massive sword, that scar over her right knuckle from that time she punched a wooden combat dummy during that training exercise at the temple of Heironeous and -

- and oh God how did I know that? How did I freaking know that?!?

Feeling choked, he pulls the padded chain coif from his - Jane's head and staggers a few steps closer to the tor. For a moment his fingers touch his - Jane's face. Such feminine features. Feminine. Features.

I'm.. I'm a.. and that means..

His hands immediately move to his - Jane's chest and squeeze.

Yep. Yep, those are breasts. A lot of this is chainmail, but uhm, those definitely are breasts. I have breasts. ... It is SO wrong that I think they're pretty nice and that that makes me just a little bit proud. So so very wrong.

He immediately lets go and wishes he'd written his character with some pockets in which to stuff his hands.

This isn't my body. This is her body. Jane's body. Not my body. When I get back into my normal body, she's going to get this one back and everything will be normal. Meanwhile, I have to respect her.

"What the hell am I talking about??"
he blurts out, shouting up at the sky and not caring who's voice it is just so long as its loud. "And I'm getting pretty sick of this rain, thank you very freaking much!"

He stumbles a little more towards the tor in search of some shelter.

Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin

Re: Dubbya Tee Eff

Post by Hypo Luxa » Fri June 08 07 ; 6 30 am

The massive tor towers above the surrounding country. A few narrow ledges offer scant protection from the elements, but a closer inspection reveals a massive, arched entryway at least 20 feet tall and 10 feet wide, set into the side of the hill. The ground just outside it slopes away from the doorway, directing the falling water out and away. Given this fact and the sturdy nature of the hill, whatever space lies beyond the door should be both dry and safe from lightning and hail. The construction seems quite sturdy, so the likelihood of collapse, even in severe conditions such as these, is remote.
[align=center]

Image[/align]

Gingerbread Guy
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Fri June 08 07 ; 2 00 pm

"Okay.. just one thing at a time here." he mutters to himself. Gotta get out of this rain or we'll catch our death. He is only dimly aware that he's decided to refer to his mind and Jane's body and latent memories as "we".

He draws Jane's massive greatsword, feeling both its weight and her incredible strength at the same time. The weapon feels familiar in her hands, and not at all as awkward as it should.

God, I hope we really know how to use this thing. I hope we don't need to.

He lumbers under the shelter of the arched entryway, at least slightly relieved to be out of the storm. Shivering a little - more from the shock than the damp and cold - he wanders a little further inside.

Okay, think. What assets do I have? Really big sword, check. Encyclopedic knowledge of dungeons and dragons, check. Surprisingly perky breasts for an almost seven-foot-tall woman, check. I mean, it shouldn't be so surprising.. she may be in her thirties, but half-giants age slowly so thats maybe like late teens for her. Oh my God, she might not even be legal - wait, what the hell am I doing??

Come on, think. Okay, I remember putting some rations, some torches and flint and steel in her equipment list.

He glances over Jane's shoulder at the backpack she wears. Oh man, why didn't I buy more than two days rations? Or a bedroll! I didn't even give her a damn bedroll or blanket! I don't even know how to light a fire.. I hope she does. If.. If I remember her life, maybe I remember her skills too.

He stops dead in his tracks as a shiver runs up his spine.

I bet I can manifest.

For the first time since arriving in this strange predicament, Kevin feels a little excitement. What would it feel like to manifest a psionic power? This is his only chance.. assuming this isn't some whacked out dream.

Don't think about that.. doesn't matter if this is a dream or a hallucination or something much, much worse. Bottom line is that I can't change whats happening until I get my feet on the ground. I'll go crazy if I fret over what I can't change.

For a moment he considers trying it out. Manifestation. He had chosen force screen, the psionic equivalent of the shield spell because it complimented Jane's armor class, which she severely needed as a front-line fighter with only a single die of hitpoints. It wouldn't look like much, being invisible and all, but it was the feeling of manifesting it that he was after.

Could I do it? I shouldn't even try.. she only has three power points at her level. I don't want to exhaust them. But whats the point in having power points if I don't know if I can use them? I need to try this out, for survival's sake.

He nods to himself decidedly. That made sense.

Okay, but we need to get dry first. I'm not wasting power points on a failed concentration check just because she's shivering and wet.. assuming this world works the way the game does. So, I need firewood or something else to burn. I guess our only hope is to start looking in this place.

He crouches down, sets down the massive sword at Jane's feet and shrugs off her backpack. He roots around for the torches and flint and steel, trying not to think about eating some of the rations right away. He finds the heavy cloak from Jane's traveler's outfit, and shakes his head at his luck that he wasn't wearing it when this whole thing started. He leaves the cloak where it is and takes one of the three torches.

Well, here goes nothing.

Gripping the flint in one hand and the steel in the other, he sets about trying to light the torch.

Memories of a fictional female half giant psychic warrior, don't fail me now.

[OOC: if the torch lights, I'll.. he'll.. she'll.. they'll.. we'll... go exploring further into the structure with the torch in one hand and the sword in the other. Jane has low-light vision, btw.]

Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin

Post by Hypo Luxa » Sat June 09 07 ; 11 12 am

As you enter the archway, you see a light source materialize from somewhere on the other side of the large chamber and two human looking folks on the other side of the chamber, one controlling a ball of light...

Please see Chapter One: The Tempest of Fate
[align=center]

Image[/align]

Return to “Gingerbread Guy”