Rachel dives for cover

Moderator: Hypo Luxa

Post Reply
User avatar
Uvuriel
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 2510
Joined: Wed March 28 07 ; 12 50 pm
Location: Kalamazoo

Rachel dives for cover

Post by Uvuriel » Thu June 07 07 ; 3 55 pm

When I notice I'm dressed differently, I hardly have time to wonder before I realize I need to get to cover.

I start to stand up, but then think the better of it and keep crouched low and race towards the outcropping of rocks. If there's an outcropping I can hide under, or even just a corner I could tuck myself into, I look for that. Then I'll take a good look at my new look.
[font=Century Gothic]That is it!! Roll for initiative.
I hope you like pain.[/font]
My Myspace page! (And my beach!)

User avatar
Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu June 10 04 ; 6 17 am

Re: Rachel dives for cover

Post by Hypo Luxa » Fri June 08 07 ; 6 20 am

The massive tor towers above the surrounding country. A few narrow ledges offer scant protection from the elements, but a closer inspection reveals a massive, arched entryway at least 20 feet tall and 10 feet wide, set into the side of the hill. The ground just outside it slopes away from the doorway, directing the falling water out and away. Given this fact and the sturdy nature of the hill, whatever space lies beyond the door should be both dry and safe from lightning and hail. The construction seems quite sturdy, so the likelihood of collapse, even in severe conditions such as these, is remote.
[align=center]

Image[/align]

User avatar
Uvuriel
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 2510
Joined: Wed March 28 07 ; 12 50 pm
Location: Kalamazoo

Re: Rachel dives for cover

Post by Uvuriel » Sun June 10 07 ; 5 54 pm

I run towards the entryway as quickly as I can without leaving myself standing tall. I don't want to run into this entryway until I know what I might have available to me, so I'll stop just outside of it, in a dry area if I can, and check out what I'm wearing, any items I might have, etc...

Specifically, if I have a torch and/or weapons, I'll pull those out. If I can light the torch, I do (wherever it's dry), and if I have a weapon, I pull it out and wield it.
[font=Century Gothic]That is it!! Roll for initiative.
I hope you like pain.[/font]
My Myspace page! (And my beach!)

User avatar
Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu June 10 04 ; 6 17 am

Post by Hypo Luxa » Mon June 11 07 ; 7 24 am

Unfortunately, the rain is coming down exceedingly hard, which kinda prevents any area around the archway to be dry. You do however notice that a light and a few faint voices from within the portal
[align=center]

Image[/align]

User avatar
Uvuriel
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 2510
Joined: Wed March 28 07 ; 12 50 pm
Location: Kalamazoo

Re: Rachel dives for cover

Post by Uvuriel » Mon June 11 07 ; 4 19 pm

[[OOC: ACK!! Read my posts, my friend!! I need to know what stuff I have!! I would check this before I do almost anything else!!]]

If I have a weapon, I draw it and enter the archway. Either way, I try to sneak in as best as I can.
[font=Century Gothic]That is it!! Roll for initiative.
I hope you like pain.[/font]
My Myspace page! (And my beach!)

User avatar
Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu June 10 04 ; 6 17 am

Re: Rachel dives for cover

Post by Hypo Luxa » Tue June 12 07 ; 7 51 am

[quote="Uvuriel";p="71083"][[OOC: ACK!! Read my posts, my friend!! I need to know what stuff I have!! I would check this before I do almost anything else!!]]

[/quote]

OOC: I know.. you had stopped outside the entrance way and off to the side so that if anyone is inside (and based on the fact you heard voices a moment ago you believe there are people in there) they can't see you.

IC:

After taking a very quick inventory of your 'new' belongings and drawing your sword you creep to the edge of the portal and finding a perfect crack in the masonry you are able to see at least a third of the room without sticking your head into the archway. Within, you see 3 wet figures who are standing ready staring at the portal, all look look somewhat nervous except the enormous woman (she looks mostly human aside from the nearly 7 foot frame) standing closest to the archway with sword drawn and looking ready to strike the first moving thing she sees outside.

The other two are a little distance behind the enormous woman and appear to be human. One is holding a ball of light and the other appears to be waiting in a shadow, hoping to catch anyone who might enter off guard. It is clear that sneaking in isn't going to be an option at this point
[align=center]

Image[/align]

User avatar
Uvuriel
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 2510
Joined: Wed March 28 07 ; 12 50 pm
Location: Kalamazoo

Re: Rachel dives for cover

Post by Uvuriel » Tue June 12 07 ; 3 31 pm

[[OOC: Am I to assume I have all the stuff on my character sheet, then? =P ]]

I close my eyes for a moment and sheathe my weapon, then back out into the rain so everyone can see me, holding my hands up.

"Hello, friends," I call out, hoping they are actually friends. "May I come in out of the rain and join you?"
[font=Century Gothic]That is it!! Roll for initiative.
I hope you like pain.[/font]
My Myspace page! (And my beach!)

User avatar
Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu June 10 04 ; 6 17 am

Post by Hypo Luxa » Wed June 13 07 ; 6 50 am

please continue in Chapter One: The Tempest of Fate
[align=center]

Image[/align]

User avatar
Uvuriel
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 2510
Joined: Wed March 28 07 ; 12 50 pm
Location: Kalamazoo

Re: Rachel dives for cover

Post by Uvuriel » Wed June 13 07 ; 4 00 pm

What? No link? Psha!! ^_^
[font=Century Gothic]That is it!! Roll for initiative.
I hope you like pain.[/font]
My Myspace page! (And my beach!)

User avatar
Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu June 10 04 ; 6 17 am

Post by Hypo Luxa » Thu June 14 07 ; 6 37 am

whoops... forgot to make it a link.. my bad
[align=center]

Image[/align]

Post Reply

Return to “Uvuriel”