A wandering we will go...

Moderator: Hypo Luxa

Post Reply
User avatar
TypoPanther
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu June 05 03 ; 9 39 pm
Location: Lakewood, Colorado USA
Contact:

A wandering we will go...

Post by TypoPanther » Thu June 07 07 ; 1 30 pm

~He stands there for a few moments, battered by the rain and hail. His hand reaches his head, wincing somewhat. His memories feel confounded, on the one hand he is a recent graduate living in Colorado, and on the other hand... something entirely different. He considers pinching himself, but the experience of the last few minutes is still raw in his mind.

He feels a certain comfort in the weather, like he has experienced it often before. He walks slowly towards the Tor, hoping it find some shelter there. He is comfortable in this weather, but it looks to be getting worse. His steps are sure as he begins to walk towards the rocky crags, even whistling a little song as he walks. His voice seems familiar, but different than he expected. But by now, he has begun to accept whatever happened, feeling centered and at peace as if this is just another part of his great journey.

As he walks he tries to take a measure of his surroundings, knowing there is not much he can do because of the weather, but he hopes it is enough to help him get his bearings back when the storm finally passes. (Spot check for fun? [dice]d20+2 = 1067913477 [/dice] ) He looks down at his clothes, and laughs slightly, glad at their simplicity. They will dry quickly, unlike those caught in this storm who might be in armor and carrying more elaborate weapons than the crossbow he has strapped to his back, who will probably have to spend many hours tending to their items. Simplicity does seem to have it's benefits.

When he is close enough to the rocks, he searches for an area that would give him some modicum of protection as the storm passes. He finds a slight outcropping, not enough to spend much time, but at least enough for him to gather himself before setting out into the storm again to find a more fitting location to actually rest.... well, at least to meditate.
[align=center]=^oO^= ~Typo Panther~ =^Oo^=

If you do not believe in something, you will fall for anything.[/align]

User avatar
TypoPanther
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu June 05 03 ; 9 39 pm
Location: Lakewood, Colorado USA
Contact:

Re: A wandering we will go...

Post by TypoPanther » Thu June 07 07 ; 2 31 pm

As he leans back against the rock and stares out into maelstrom going on outside he allows the iron grip on his mind to relax somewhat. He begins to realize a little more what just happened. His memories of spending years training on the open roads are as strong as the Philosophy and Literature he studied these past few years. His body is familiar yet completely alien. But now it is his home.

He is glad for the training this body has gone through. He would not wish to attempt this adventure in his other, yet he longs for it, for that familiarity. He wonders about his friends for the first time, just minutes ago he was at a table with them, about to enjoy a simple game. Considering he became who he wrote, he expects the same happened for them. He laughs softly, hoping they built themselves well.

He wonders how much more difficult this would be, if he hadn't created a character (that is, if he did truly create this character, or perhaps just, found it...connected with it across planes...) with such strong willpower. Whatever the case now, he will have to rely on the quickness of his body to survive. Perhaps some of his knowledge from the other world will be helpful for him, as these two entities seem to be peacefully co-existing together. Hopefully he won't become schizophrenic or anything like that. Or perhaps that side of him will fade away and become lost back into the ether.

He hopes his other form is sleeping in the same way that his former GM's was, and that at the conclusion of whatever trip this is, it will return to itself without any harm.

He wonders, if these memories fade, will he remember his friends... his allies, if he sees them. He looks out into the whirling storm again. Perhaps, he thinks, it would be best to explore the rest of this rock, in the hopes of finding one of his friends before anything happens. He would be very sad, he thinks, if he would attack one of his friends because he no longer knows who they are.

But then another thought strikes him, he didn't know what everyone else was playing... if he finds another at this barren place, how can he know for sure that they are one of his friends, and not some monster hiding from the storm.

He flexes his muscles, gazing out at the storm again and racing out. He knows he needs a more permanent spot either way. Hopefully he will find one that contains a friend, because there are probably not that many suitable places in this Tor. Of course, he could be wrong.

So, he moves out, keeping close to the rocky surface and making his way around, hoping to find something, anything, in this barren place. He feels a slight tug in his other mind, a desire to stay alone, to find cover and leave it at that, but he fights it with all he has, knowing he must look while he can.
[align=center]=^oO^= ~Typo Panther~ =^Oo^=

If you do not believe in something, you will fall for anything.[/align]

User avatar
Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu June 10 04 ; 6 17 am

Re: A wandering we will go...

Post by Hypo Luxa » Fri June 08 07 ; 6 37 am

The massive tor towers above the surrounding country. A few narrow ledges offer scant protection from the elements, but a closer inspection reveals a massive, arched entryway at least 20 feet tall and 10 feet wide, set into the side of the hill. The ground just outside it slopes away from the archway, directing the falling water out and away. Given this fact and the sturdy nature of the hill, whatever space lies beyond the portal should be both dry and safe from lightning and hail. The construction seems quite sturdy, so the likelihood of collapse, even in severe conditions such as these, is remote.
Last edited by Hypo Luxa on Fri June 08 07 ; 8 42 am, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]

Image[/align]

User avatar
TypoPanther
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu June 05 03 ; 9 39 pm
Location: Lakewood, Colorado USA
Contact:

Re: A wandering we will go...

Post by TypoPanther » Fri June 08 07 ; 8 09 am

As he looks up at the massive door, a twinge of uncertainty washes over him. Who knows from which mind. This is the kind of thing which always seems to not go well... He looks at the sky, which seems to be getting darker as he looks at it. He would be a fool to try and brave the elements, he knows this. Especially with the time he has spent outdoors, He walks up and gives it a cursory search (Search check for fun... [dice]d20 = 518989752 [/dice] )

After finding out as much as he can, he gives the door a push, and if that doesn't work, tries to find something to pull (assuming there is one, your de.scription wasn't completely clear?). He plans on backing away slightly once he can see inside, just in case, and, whatever the case to proceed inside and meet whatever fate may lie for him in the mysterious Tor.
[align=center]=^oO^= ~Typo Panther~ =^Oo^=

If you do not believe in something, you will fall for anything.[/align]

User avatar
Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu June 10 04 ; 6 17 am

Re: A wandering we will go...

Post by Hypo Luxa » Fri June 08 07 ; 8 58 am

The stone chamber beyond the entrance is enormous. The chamber is easily ten or so paces in a square. Your darkvision allows you to see peeling paint and broken scrollwork suggesting that many years long forgotten it was decorated with some care, but now only dust remains as a testament to it's age.

Further inspection reveals three massive stone doors—one each set in the wall on the left and right, and one directly across from the entrance—presumably leading deeper into the darkness of the tor. The sound of hissing rain, pounding hail, and howling wind from outside is interrupted only by the occasional loud crack of thunder. Still, this room seems stable enough for the most part. Even when the thunder seems to shake the very ground, you don't see so much as a mote of dust filter down from the ceiling.
[align=center]

Image[/align]

User avatar
TypoPanther
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu June 05 03 ; 9 39 pm
Location: Lakewood, Colorado USA
Contact:

Re: A wandering we will go...

Post by TypoPanther » Fri June 08 07 ; 9 17 am

He gazes about the chamber, noticing how ornate the remains were. He wishes that he had some knowledge about architecture, because it would be very handy to know if this was a shrine, or a tomb, or simply a meeting hall. He moves closer to what is left of the relics, but they are far to worn to be anything he could possibly recognize.

He looks back at the storm raging outside. Perhaps he should wait here, to see if any of his friends happen to come in the same enterance. But who knows if this is the only archway in the Tor, and even then, perhaps someone has already come and gone further. He is not a tracker, so he cannot determine anything from the dusty floor.

He thinks for a moment, and decides that as long as he stays within earshot of the main chamber, exploring further cannot harm him much, well, perhaps in the case of traps it could, but otherwise hopefully he will be fine.

After making this decision, he decides to examine first the one on the left, and later the one on the right. Considering the one in the middle seems to lead into the depths, he might hold off on it, that is assuming he is met up by his friends soon, if not he has nothing better to do than explore on his own, even though it might be dangerous to his health.

So, for now, he examines the door, and assuming he can find a way to open it, he does, and goes inside to explore. If for some reason, he can't open it, he will try the right door and middle door, hoping that either of those will open.
[align=center]=^oO^= ~Typo Panther~ =^Oo^=

If you do not believe in something, you will fall for anything.[/align]

User avatar
Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu June 10 04 ; 6 17 am

Re: A wandering we will go...

Post by Hypo Luxa » Fri June 08 07 ; 11 53 am

Searching the doors, the Xeph locates a locking mechanism on each, but he is unfamiliar with such devices. As he locates the lock on the last door in the exact same location on the door as the other two, he hears a faint splashing just outside the chamber followed by a hushed voice whisper from the entrance Wow, that's lucky, I just hope no-one of a less plea... The words are cut off as a roar of thunder once again shakes the foundation that you stand-upon. Your can see the silhoutte of what appears to be an average human standing in the doorway attempting to peer into the darkness, but judging by the fact that they are not moving, you can only assume they are not as keen as seeing in the dark as your eyes are.
[align=center]

Image[/align]

User avatar
TypoPanther
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu June 05 03 ; 9 39 pm
Location: Lakewood, Colorado USA
Contact:

Re: A wandering we will go...

Post by TypoPanther » Fri June 08 07 ; 12 08 pm

He perks up, hearing the voice. Even though it gets cut off, he assumes that the person was saying something along the lines of "less pleasant demeanor is in there" or something like that. That probably means it is a friend, or so he hopes. Knowing that there isn't much he can lose at the moment, especially given his advantage of eyesight should something go wrong.

HELLO OUT THERE! He says in his strongest voice, trying to counter the winds GET IN HERE... IT'S DANIEL, OR, AT LEAST THAT IS WHO I USED TO BE. I GUESS I AM MOROMBATH NOW... WHO ARE YOU? He readies himself, just in case, but hopes it is only his friend.
[align=center]=^oO^= ~Typo Panther~ =^Oo^=

If you do not believe in something, you will fall for anything.[/align]

User avatar
Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu June 10 04 ; 6 17 am

Post by Hypo Luxa » Fri June 08 07 ; 1 14 pm

Please proceed to Chapter One: The Tempest of Fate
[align=center]

Image[/align]

Post Reply

Return to “TypoPanther”