The meeting

Moderator: Hypo Luxa

Post Reply
User avatar
Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu June 10 04 ; 6 17 am

The meeting

Post by Hypo Luxa » Fri June 08 07 ; 1 11 pm

[Typo's post]
He perks up, hearing the voice. Even though it gets cut off, he assumes that the person was saying something along the lines of "less pleasant demeanor is in there" or something like that. That probably means it is a friend, or so he hopes. Knowing that there isn't much he can lose at the moment, especially given his advantage of eyesight should something go wrong.

HELLO OUT THERE! He says in his strongest voice, trying to counter the winds GET IN HERE... IT'S DANIEL, OR, AT LEAST THAT IS WHO I USED TO BE. I GUESS I AM MOROMBATH NOW... WHO ARE YOU? He readies himself, just in case, but hopes it is only his friend.
[align=center]

Image[/align]

User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Re: The meeting

Post by StormElfstone » Fri June 08 07 ; 1 45 pm

The young woman stepping cautiously into the darkness jumps at the loud voice that suddenly pierces the silence.
"Daniel? Morombath? I used to be Anthea... now I'm Sophie," she responds to the voice.
She continues to move forward into the darkness, pulling down the large hood of her soaked cloak as she does so.
"I wonder where the others are...?"
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

User avatar
TypoPanther
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu June 05 03 ; 9 39 pm
Location: Lakewood, Colorado USA
Contact:

Re: The meeting

Post by TypoPanther » Fri June 08 07 ; 1 54 pm

I would imagine they are still out wandering in this weather. I hope they make their way here before it gets too bad outside. He moves a little closer, still retaining a bit of his defensive posture, just in case.

Watch out as you make your way in, there is some debris on the ground. I'm assuming you don't have darkvision... As he gets closer, he looks at you more intently, trying to figure out a little bit more of your new form, since he hasn't bothered to ask what exactly you are yet. I've examined the chamber and there are three different doors, one on each side and a main one in the center. It looks like the two side ones are probably smaller chambers and the middle leads further in. Unfortunately there are some locking devices that I don't know how to open. I was going to examine them more when you showed up. You wouldn't happen to have any skills with that, would you? My Monk abilities don't really cover that.
[align=center]=^oO^= ~Typo Panther~ =^Oo^=

If you do not believe in something, you will fall for anything.[/align]

User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Re: The meeting

Post by StormElfstone » Fri June 08 07 ; 2 15 pm

"Darkvision? No, but that's not a problem." With a delicate wave of her hand and few mumbled words she summons a ball of light into existance.
"The spell won't last long, but hopefully the others should be here soon, and we can get a better look around while we're waiting."
Sophie sends the orb of light above her head and she tries to take in all the details of the room around her and also get a closer look at her new companion.
Morombath will notice that Sophie has long, straight dark hair and large pale green eyes.
She has a cloak wrapped about her so it's hard to tell what she's wearing at this moment in time.
"Locks? No, can't help you there. Let's hope that Rachel is playing a Rogue," she chuckles.
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

User avatar
TypoPanther
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu June 05 03 ; 9 39 pm
Location: Lakewood, Colorado USA
Contact:

Re: The meeting

Post by TypoPanther » Fri June 08 07 ; 2 21 pm

He squints slightly for a moment, as the light rushes forth, but his eyes adjust quickly. You notice that he is wearing the simple garb of a monk. He looks humanoid with a bald head, save for a long black ponytail reaching down his back. His eyes seem to have a odd green twinge to it. He looks like he is familiar with the open road, as opposed to one who has spent too long cloistered.

The ruined walls around you look vaguely dwarven and intricate, however they have deteriorated too far to reveal what they might have been before we stumbled upon them. The doors stand proud and solid, with no apparent way to open them at least.

Moro walks over to the leftmost door again and examines it closer, seeing if there is a way to trigger the lock I see you have a few tricks up your sleeves. Hopefully that will help us out down here. This wasn't exactly how I imagined our game would go, eh? He laughs somberly as he continues to fiddle.
[align=center]=^oO^= ~Typo Panther~ =^Oo^=

If you do not believe in something, you will fall for anything.[/align]

User avatar
Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu June 10 04 ; 6 17 am

Re: The meeting

Post by Hypo Luxa » Sat June 09 07 ; 11 33 am

As soon as the ball of light materializes, an enormous very wet humanoid rounds the corner. The figure is easily taller than either of the two standing at the far end of the chamber and probably weighs as much as the two combined. The driping black hair hangs down obscuring the face of the figure wearing a simple chain shirt over a simple travelers outfit. She does not carry a weapon in her hand, and her steps seems far to heavy and ackward, yet sure and true.
[align=center]

Image[/align]

User avatar
Gingerbread Guy
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl
Posts: 4851
Joined: Thu December 30 04 ; 10 10 pm

Re: The meeting

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Sat June 09 07 ; 1 13 pm

For a few seconds the figure waits at the edge of the light, just looming there, dripping. Then it heaves a rather pathetic sigh, sags its shoulders a little, and takes another step forward.

The light reveals a decidedly female face that seems slightly at odds with her impressive stature. With the porportions of a woman, simply built to much too large a scale, she wears a damp white tabbard over a chain jerkin, leather breeches and thick leather boots. She looks every part the noble warrior, right down to a simply enormous sword that hangs at one curving hip - the blade appears to be around five feet long and as broad as a man's palm, with steel quillions and more than enough room on the grip for two of the woman's large hands.

"Please tell me you guys are who I think you are and not some stupid bandits I going to have to kill," she sighs, her handsome voice plaigued with depression, "I just put this sword away and it took me like two minutes."

She tries crossing her arms in protest, but has a little difficult dealing with the topography of her chest; not sure wether to cross them above or below the breasts, she lets her hands rest on hips instead. "Seriously, I'm having about the worst day ever, and I'm in no mood to mess around. I just spent five minutes failing to light a damn torch, I'm wet in places I didn't know I even had and that up until five minutes ago I didn't have, and I think I might be PMSing. So if you two aren't Daniel and Anthea, I'm sorry, its nothing personal, but I'm going to have to cleave you up into tiny chunks with my really big sword."

User avatar
TypoPanther
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu June 05 03 ; 9 39 pm
Location: Lakewood, Colorado USA
Contact:

Re: The meeting

Post by TypoPanther » Sat June 09 07 ; 2 36 pm

He studies the humanoid for a few moments at the end of the tirade. There is a slight upturn on his lips, which in his solemn case is probably the equivalent of him rolling on the floor in laughter. He regains his rather flat travelworn demeanor and speaks, although with a slight twinge of humor in his voice Well, regardless of weather or not we are bandits or your friends, I somehow disbelieve your ability to cleave us in half if you cannot figure out how to wield it.

He moves away from the door he was studying, his long ponytail swishing slightly against his simple garb which has begun to dry, at least a little bit anyway compared to the other two in the room. But yes, I am, or I was Daniel. You may call me Morombath, or Moro for short. And over here providing this pleasant light was Anthea, and is now Sophie. Consider the trouble your having with that body I'm assuming your not Rachel, so what shall we call you now Kevin? As he awaits his/her response he takes a few moments to study him/her more before returning to the lock on the leftmost door, intent on figuring it out.

Once he responds, he picks up again As I told Sophie, the two doors that you see on the left and right seem to be more of side chambers, with the middle one leading further in. All of them have some sort of lock, and as none of us appear to have any skill with such things, we are stuck for now. Even if Rachel happens to be something roguish I fear it might be even beyond her, skill at least at this level.(OOC, see plot device run, run plot device, run. :lol:) I know we are in a place dwarven built, but it is too deteriorated to gather what it's original purpose was, let alone what it serves for now. I would imagine they are too sturdy to break, but either way we should not go far without Rachel. I would love to explore the side chambers in the mean time, but I believe we are stuck.

Given these trials, he appears quite sure of himself and calm. Whether it is because he has reconciled with himself already, or if it is a byproduct of the strength of will the the long years of training this body has experienced brings forth. Either way, he does seem to have taken it upon himself to focus everyone present, instead of allowing the group to dwell too much on what just happened in the last few hours. Not knowing what lies ahead, something inside him desires to push ahead until they know they are safe. Perhaps then it will be time to reflect. That is of course, if his old self doesn't simply vanish, overtaken completely by this new form.
[align=center]=^oO^= ~Typo Panther~ =^Oo^=

If you do not believe in something, you will fall for anything.[/align]

User avatar
Gingerbread Guy
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl
Posts: 4851
Joined: Thu December 30 04 ; 10 10 pm

Re: The meeting

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Sat June 09 07 ; 4 12 pm

The large woman hangs her head and pinches the bridge of her nose as though a terrible migrane was just beginning to settle in behind her eyes. "Yeah," she sighs. "Yeah, its me, Kevin. You know, for a moment I was going to pretend I was Rachel, but I'm sure she'll turn up in a second and that would just be even more humiliating."

He shifts his weight awkwardly, still obviously very unused to his new body. He seems to be having far more difficulty coming to grips with his new predicament. He is resisting it. "This here is Jane," he says, gesturing down the length of his new body. Then, as an afterthought, "She's half-giant, incase you were wondering. But we're going to fix this. We're going to find Rachel and we're going to... I don't know... sort this out somehow."

Kevin doesn't sound terribly confident, more as though he is trying to convince himself. It seems to work, at least in the meantime, and he picks himself up enough to study the doors. He gently raps Jane's gauntleted knuckles against one of them.

"Jane is pretty strong and she's smashed in a few doors in her day," he says, still bothered by the fact that he knows it, remembers it. "We could give it a try, but yeah, I think its better to wait for Rachel."

He looks back at the others, Jane's brow creased with a mix of worry and embarrassment. "I don't know how you two can be so damn comfortable with all of this."

User avatar
Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu June 10 04 ; 6 17 am

Re: The meeting

Post by Hypo Luxa » Sat June 09 07 ; 7 24 pm

The half giant finally takes a look around the chamber and drinks it all in. The stone chamber beyond the entrance is enormous. The chamber is easily ten or so paces in a square. There is peeling paint and broken scrollwork, some littering the floor, all suggesting that many years long forgotten this room was decorated with some care, but now only dust remains as a testament to it's age.

Further inspection reveals three massive stone doors—one each set in the wall on the left and right, and one directly across from the entrance—presumably leading deeper into the darkness of the tor. The sound of hissing rain, pounding hail, and howling wind from outside is interrupted only by the occasional loud crack of thunder. Still, this room seems stable enough for the most part. Even when the thunder seems to shake the very ground, you don't see so much as a mote of dust filter down from the ceiling.
[align=center]

Image[/align]

User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Re: The meeting

Post by StormElfstone » Sun June 10 07 ; 8 33 am

Sophie smiles awkwardly at the newcomer as she enters the room. Once it becomes clear that the large woman was once Kevin, Sophie bites her lip to avoid laughing out loud.
Clearing her throat she says, "I'm glad you made it... come in and dry off.
Half-giant huh? Nice! Hopefully that will make people think twice before messing with us."

Her eyes continue to wander around the room as she waits patiently for the final member of the party to show up.
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

User avatar
Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu June 10 04 ; 6 17 am

Re: The meeting

Post by Hypo Luxa » Mon June 11 07 ; 12 21 pm

Just as Sophie finishes off her last word a loud clap of thunder once again rocks the foundation of the tor and the doors leading deeper are starting to show signs of weakness, seeming to tremble with every thunderclap now.

Just as the thunderclap dies off, Sophie and Jane hear a splashing from just outside the portal and they both think they hear a sword being drawn from a scabbard, although it is very faint due to the hissing of the pounding rain and hail just beyond.
[align=center]

Image[/align]

User avatar
Gingerbread Guy
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl
Posts: 4851
Joined: Thu December 30 04 ; 10 10 pm

Re: The meeting

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Mon June 11 07 ; 2 56 pm

"That might be Rachel," he says quietly, anxiously. One of Jane's hands moves to her sword. "Or it might not." He grips the sword tightly to keep his hand from shaking as he feels his heart pound in his chest.

Seriously, I can't deal with this. I'm not supposed to be dealing with this. I'm an interpreter student, not some crazy.. fantasy character!

He glances nervously at Moro and Sophie, then back down the passage.

Hell, they both look so calm and composed.. its because they've accepted their new selves. How much of their old selves.. their real selves is left? I don't want to end up like that. I won't!

Jane appears to grit her teeth and stare off into the darkness as if in deep concentration.

But I need Jane right now. If we get into trouble - more trouble, that is - I'm going to need her sword arm and her experience. I wrote her to be a hero, a champion. She can handle this.

He hesitates. His hand still trembles, even gripping the sword grip tightly. The steel buckle on her gauntlets rattles quietly against the mail.

Just for a few minutes. Just for a few minutes she can be in control, but then I'm coming back. God, I hope I can come back. Okay, think. I wonder how I get her to -

Jane's hand suddenly stops shaking. Her posture straightens - back stiff, shoulders back, chin up. With a deep, cleansing breath, she reaches up and pulls her short black hair out of her eyes and ties it into a stout ponytail with a leather strap. In one fluid, practiced motion she draws the giant sword at her hip and gives it a quick whirl.

"Well now," she says to herself.

That wasn't so bad.

User avatar
TypoPanther
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu June 05 03 ; 9 39 pm
Location: Lakewood, Colorado USA
Contact:

Re: The meeting

Post by TypoPanther » Mon June 11 07 ; 8 10 pm

He steadies himself for a moment after the thunderclap sounds. He examines the main door and there seems to be some hairline cracks, at least he thinks they weren't there before. But he is no dwarf. Regardless, he turns to his friends I think we would be wise to stand away from the doors. This storm might well be bad enough to cause them to open. That would be convenient as long as it doesn't fall on top of us. I really don't want to have to exercise my reflex save that much!

He looks out to the entrance to the chamber. He considers calling Sophie to cut the light, but he doesn't want to make it difficult for them to fight, in case it happens to come to that. He gazes at Jane for a few moments, noticing the intense concentration and slightly wishing he had a divination spell or two to crack open that great half-giant brain of his/hers. But no matter. As Jane draws the sword, he quickly moves to the edge on the side of the entrance, pressing himself against the rock wall in hopes that he can perhaps get a flanking advantage if it comes to that.
[align=center]=^oO^= ~Typo Panther~ =^Oo^=

If you do not believe in something, you will fall for anything.[/align]

User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Post by StormElfstone » Tue June 12 07 ; 12 44 pm

Sophie, being unarmoured, keeps back behind Jane and Moro but she keeps a safe distance from the doors.
She does not reach for any weapons, but watches to see how the scene plays out. If a fight broke out, she'd be ready with a quick spell, but her gut instinct tells her that her spells probably won't be needed for the time-being.
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

Post Reply

Return to “[Krma] Chapter One: The Tempest of Fate”