The meeting

Moderator: Hypo Luxa

Post Reply
User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Re: The meeting

Post by StormElfstone » Thu August 16 07 ; 12 06 pm

Sophie deems this an opportune moment to cast a spell; she quickly utters an incantation and an invisible forcefield provides her with extra protection from the spider, should she find herself engaged in a melee with the beast.
[hr]
Casting Mage Armour
+4 AC for 1 hour
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

User avatar
Gingerbread Guy
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl
Posts: 4851
Joined: Thu December 30 04 ; 10 10 pm

Re: The meeting

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Thu August 16 07 ; 12 17 pm

Though she doesn't usually let it show, Jane feels the same fear as anyone else would in her situation, faced with a deadly, disgusting spider. V'sethe's song, however, helps her push her fears deep into her chest as she brings her sword about in a downward arc.

===============
AC is still up to 18 for now
Initiative: [dice]1d20 = 404831229 [/dice]
Attack: [dice]1d20+4 = 690595593 [/dice]
Damage: [dice]3d6+6 = 92467373 [/dice]

User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Post by StormElfstone » Thu August 16 07 ; 1 04 pm

OOC: Forgot to roll iniaitive...
[dice]1d20+2 = 2104908522 [/dice]
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

User avatar
Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu June 10 04 ; 6 17 am

Re: The meeting

Post by Hypo Luxa » Fri August 17 07 ; 6 07 am

Jane hears Vyseth'e's voice start to rise into a most melodic song of inspiration. Instead of distracting her, the song seems to help the warrior focus and little more and give her courage as the words of the wonderful song wash over her. She can also hear Sophie directly behind her muttering in her mystic tongue the words she assumes to be the intricate language of magic, though she doesn't understand them.

Recovering from the near miss of the spiders attack and regaining her footing, Jane realizes she is just a fraction of a second too late as several strands of webbing slam into her face and arm. Her arm becomes immobile as the sticky webbing is also stuck to her torso and effectively binding her arm. Fortunately, the webbing on her face does not cover her eyes and she is able to see the spider positioning for another attack. Jane tightens her massive arms and tries to break free of the webbing, and with a snap, is able to break the substance binding her arm. Noting that the spider hesitated for whatever reason, Jane takes a swing and just barely misses as the spider leaps to the wall on the side.

[OOC: Initiative is Sophie, spider, Jane, and Vyseth'e]
[align=center]

Image[/align]

User avatar
Gingerbread Guy
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl
Posts: 4851
Joined: Thu December 30 04 ; 10 10 pm

Re: The meeting

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Fri August 17 07 ; 8 29 am

[OOC: Great combat de.scriptions, DM! ^_^]

"Hold still," Jane mutters as her swing catches nothing but air and a few stray strands of webbing. She steps further into the room to better surround the creature and hopefully put it down for good.

[hr]Jane will take a 5' step into the room to give everyone else an opportunity to get inside too.
Attack: [dice]1d20+5 = 1558372698 [/dice]
Damage: [dice]3d6+7 = 281789410 [/dice]

User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Post by StormElfstone » Fri August 17 07 ; 11 56 am

Hearing Jane's instruction, Sophie delays her action until after Jane has moved.
The Sorceress follows the larger woman into the room, making space for the others to follow them. She draws the heavy mace from beneath her cloak ready to attack the vermin.
[hr]
I'd like to move so that I finish 10 feet away from the spider, if I can, thus strategically avoiding an attack of opportunity. Thanks!
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

User avatar
Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu June 10 04 ; 6 17 am

Re: The meeting

Post by Hypo Luxa » Mon August 20 07 ; 7 30 pm

The spider skitters up the wall with speed and agility and moves toward Jane to attack and manges only to scratch Janes skin (1 dmg). It drops a foot or so down the wall to give itself an opportunity at another attack, but before it moves in for another strike Janes blow lands true and sinks into the spiders thick abdomen. Withdrawing her sword releases the spider and with a thud it falls to the floor stirring up a bit of dust and, after a few final twitches from it's eight legs, finally stops moving.
[align=center]

Image[/align]

User avatar
Gingerbread Guy
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl
Posts: 4851
Joined: Thu December 30 04 ; 10 10 pm

Re: The meeting

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Wed August 22 07 ; 8 23 am

Jane waits until all of the spider's nasty legs stop kicking before she plants a foot against its carapace and pulls her sword free. She ignores her scratch until the group has had a better look around the room.

"That was close," she says quietly as her eyes scan the walls and ceilings. "That had better be the only one of those around. I wonder if the bodies on the floor are its victims.."

User avatar
Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu June 10 04 ; 6 17 am

Re: The meeting

Post by Hypo Luxa » Wed August 22 07 ; 1 09 pm

[OOC: Assuming 'a better look' meant searching, please roll spot... and if you want the missing players PCs to search (Morombath and Sophie), you might want to give them direction like what exactly you want them to search and where, or if you want them to do something else, please direct them to do so... At the moment they are just sort standing there looking at the two of you with vacant expressions]
[align=center]

Image[/align]

User avatar
Gingerbread Guy
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl
Posts: 4851
Joined: Thu December 30 04 ; 10 10 pm

Re: The meeting

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Wed August 22 07 ; 1 57 pm

[OOC: Sounds good]

"Better keep our eyes peeled for more spiders," Jane says cautiously as she gazes about the room. "Even elsewhere in this maze.. if there's one like that, there could certainly be more."

[hr]
Spot: [dice]1d20+2 = 918040380 [/dice]

If there is no apparent danger, Jane will start searching the bodies.

Search: [dice]1d20+1 = 402764885 [/dice]

User avatar
Uvuriel
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 2510
Joined: Wed March 28 07 ; 12 50 pm
Location: Kalamazoo

Re: The meeting

Post by Uvuriel » Wed August 22 07 ; 7 09 pm

"Indeed..." Vyseth'e agrees. She begins helping to look around, remembering the stories she had heard of the strange and unlikely places that lucky adventurers had found precious items.

"I wonder how long it will take us to explore this place," she murmurs, "and what will we do afterwards?"

Search:
[dice]1d20+1 = 1145429250 [/dice]
[font=Century Gothic]That is it!! Roll for initiative.
I hope you like pain.[/font]
My Myspace page! (And my beach!)

User avatar
Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu June 10 04 ; 6 17 am

Re: The meeting

Post by Hypo Luxa » Thu August 23 07 ; 5 21 am

Hidden among the mummified corpses within the room are numerous rusted weapons and tattered clothing, all of which appear to be worthless. On the floor, however, Jane discovers a milky white pearl of remarkable beauty. Jane has never in all of her young years seen it's equal. The milky white clouds seem to almost drift just beneath the surface.

Vyseth'e discovers a small brown burlap bag, judging by the bulges on the sides, it appears to be coins of some sort.
[align=center]

Image[/align]

User avatar
Gingerbread Guy
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl
Posts: 4851
Joined: Thu December 30 04 ; 10 10 pm

Re: The meeting

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Thu August 23 07 ; 9 23 am

"These poor souls," Jane says solemnly as she examines the corpses. She found no way to identify the bodies, and even if she had, the task would have been made even harder by the apparently long amount of time they have littered the floor of the spider's den. To Jane, the only a few things ranked worse than death, and one of those was to be forgotten.

She says a quiet prayer to Heironeous, wishing that the departed be protected and find peace. If there is time, I'll come back for them, she tells herself.

With that unpleasant chore done, she rises to her feet again and takes up her sword in preparation for more exploration. She shows the pearl she found to Vyseth'e, Sophie and Moro. "At first I thought it might be a spider egg, but happily its a pearl. Might have belonged to one of the victims. I'll hold on to it for now, if thats alright; I don't think these people will be needing it, but I'm not sure what to do with it either."

User avatar
Gingerbread Guy
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl
Posts: 4851
Joined: Thu December 30 04 ; 10 10 pm

Re: The meeting

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Mon August 27 07 ; 4 30 pm

[OOC: If/when everyone is ready, Jane will lead them back out of the room, and down the unexplored hallway. This is assuming there aren't any other exits in the spider room.]

User avatar
Uvuriel
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 2510
Joined: Wed March 28 07 ; 12 50 pm
Location: Kalamazoo

Re: The meeting

Post by Uvuriel » Tue August 28 07 ; 12 24 am

"Nifty," Vyseth'e comments, peeking into the bag of coins and pulling a few out. She rolls one over her fingers absently as she takes a look at what everyone else is doing.

"Well," she says, tucking the coin away in its pouch, "I suppose we're done in here. Shall we move on?"
[font=Century Gothic]That is it!! Roll for initiative.
I hope you like pain.[/font]
My Myspace page! (And my beach!)

Post Reply

Return to “[Krma] Chapter One: The Tempest of Fate”