The meeting

Moderator: Hypo Luxa

Post Reply
User avatar
Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu June 10 04 ; 6 17 am

Re: The meeting

Post by Hypo Luxa » Tue August 28 07 ; 6 24 am

backtracking down the hallway and turning right, Jane is again immediately confronted with an archway. Peering beyond the portal she sees a long, stone table that dominates the center of this chamber, and bright bits of gold winking from within the dust that covers the floor. Upon the table lies the well-preserved corpse of a tall humanoid wearing the tabard and belts of a knight. Suddenly, the corpse sits up, lifting an old, rusted morningstar in one hand and a javelin in the other. As it climbs off the table, its mouth opens to loose an eerie moan.
[align=center]

Image[/align]

User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Post by StormElfstone » Wed August 29 07 ; 12 42 pm

Sophie thanks her lucky stars that she has already cast Mage Armour and as she is at the back of the group, she awaits reactions from the others...
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

User avatar
Uvuriel
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 2510
Joined: Wed March 28 07 ; 12 50 pm
Location: Kalamazoo

Re: The meeting

Post by Uvuriel » Wed August 29 07 ; 1 23 pm

Vyseth'e, up front right behind/next to Jane, brings her rapier immediately into a defensive position, and she crouches down slightly. She assumes Jane will attack first, and so the bard starts singing softly. It's an erie song, this time, about corpses that rise from the dead and attack a town, and, in the end, the hero that puts them to rest again.

Initiative:
[dice]1d20+2 = 1717522419 [/dice]

Singing to Inspire Courage.
[font=Century Gothic]That is it!! Roll for initiative.
I hope you like pain.[/font]
My Myspace page! (And my beach!)

User avatar
Gingerbread Guy
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl
Posts: 4851
Joined: Thu December 30 04 ; 10 10 pm

Re: The meeting

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Wed August 29 07 ; 4 06 pm

Jane swears a little under her breath. And I complained about the spider she thinks. Sword drawn, she moves enough to make room for the others to enter the chamber if they want, but she doesn't outright attack. Instead, she holds out hope that the walking corpse isn't exactly what it seems to be.

"We aren't grave robbers," she says to the corpse, for lack of a better introduction.

OOC: If it looks like its going to attack, Jane won't hesitate to reciprocate.

User avatar
Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu June 10 04 ; 6 17 am

Re: The meeting

Post by Hypo Luxa » Thu August 30 07 ; 6 24 am

Opening it's somewhat decomposed maw, the humanoid lets out another moan, this time much louder. It raises it's javelin and throws it clumsily in the direction of the doorway and completely misses as it shatters on the wall about 10 feet from Vyseth'e. Vyseth'e easily manages to avoid a bit of debris from the shattering javelin without so much as a quiver in her heroic melody which induces a sense of strength and courage within Sophie and Jane.


[OOC: Initiative - Jane and Sophie]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[align=center]

Image[/align]

User avatar
Gingerbread Guy
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl
Posts: 4851
Joined: Thu December 30 04 ; 10 10 pm

Re: The meeting

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Thu August 30 07 ; 12 00 pm

Jane grins a little at her attempt to communicate shatters along with the javelin. She tightens her grip on her sword, making her gauntlets creak against the leather grip. Okay, now we're speaking the same language.

[hr]
Initiative: [dice]1d20 = 1078636224 [/dice]
Attack! [dice]1d20+5 = 1977338550 [/dice]
Damage [dice]3d6+7 = 649661644 [/dice]

User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Re: The meeting

Post by StormElfstone » Fri August 31 07 ; 4 12 pm

Sophie draws her heavy mace, gripping the handle firmly she waits for the right moment to step into the melee.

Initiative:
[dice]1d20+2 = 1648041975 [/dice]

OOC: Just so we're clear, she's drawing her weapon, but she'll move and attack next round.
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

User avatar
Uvuriel
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 2510
Joined: Wed March 28 07 ; 12 50 pm
Location: Kalamazoo

Re: The meeting

Post by Uvuriel » Sat September 01 07 ; 2 17 pm

Vyseth'e will move to flank the creature, if she can, and attack it herself as she sings.

Attack Roll:
[dice]1d20+2 = 1568962932 [/dice]

Damage Roll:
[dice]1d6+2 = 921209373 [/dice]
[font=Century Gothic]That is it!! Roll for initiative.
I hope you like pain.[/font]
My Myspace page! (And my beach!)

User avatar
Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu June 10 04 ; 6 17 am

Re: The meeting

Post by Hypo Luxa » Tue September 04 07 ; 7 06 am

[OOC: Initiative is Sophie, Jane, Bugbear, Vyseth'e]

Carefully stepping to Janes side, Sophie draws her weapon watching the bugbear for any clue to it's next intention as it advances on Jane.

Jane takes a breath and heaves her mighty weapon and manages to hit the bugbear square between the plates of it's armor, and the unnatural knight stumbles backwards a bit from the force of the blow. As it gains it's footing again, apparently impervious to any pain, it continues it's advance toward Jane, it's black dead eyes locked on her. It's opens it's maw and again lets out an eerie unnatural moan.

As Vyseth'e tries to slip around the creature, Janes blow knocks it backwards right into a perfect spot for Vyseth'e to take a swing at the monstrosity. Reflexes take over and Vyseth'e strikes out, but the bugbear stumbles just as her weapon makes contact with it's target and only manages to cut a new bloodless gash in it's side.
[align=center]

Image[/align]

User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Re: The meeting

Post by StormElfstone » Tue September 04 07 ; 2 01 pm

Sophie moves in closer to the target (flanking if possible). She swings the heavy mace, proving that she is stronger than she appears, hoping to land a hard blow.

Attack
[dice]1d20+3 = 1767747677 [/dice]

Damage
[dice]1d8+1 = 1903260590 [/dice]
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

User avatar
Uvuriel
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 2510
Joined: Wed March 28 07 ; 12 50 pm
Location: Kalamazoo

Re: The meeting

Post by Uvuriel » Wed September 05 07 ; 11 19 am

Vyseth'e mentally groans at her whiff.

Let's try that again, she says, mentally coaching herself. I know how to fight decently well... I'll never hear my name sung in the taverns if I continue fighting like this!

Attack:
[dice]1d20+2 = 817049015 [/dice]

Damage:
[dice]1d6+2 = 88864572 [/dice]
[font=Century Gothic]That is it!! Roll for initiative.
I hope you like pain.[/font]
My Myspace page! (And my beach!)

User avatar
Uvuriel
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 2510
Joined: Wed March 28 07 ; 12 50 pm
Location: Kalamazoo

Re: The meeting

Post by Uvuriel » Wed September 05 07 ; 11 20 am

[[OOC: Oh yeah!! +1 to attack and damage rolls from her singing!! I didn't add mine to my rolls.]]
[font=Century Gothic]That is it!! Roll for initiative.
I hope you like pain.[/font]
My Myspace page! (And my beach!)

User avatar
Gingerbread Guy
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl
Posts: 4851
Joined: Thu December 30 04 ; 10 10 pm

Re: The meeting

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Wed September 05 07 ; 11 36 am

Jane knows she landed a solid blow and is momentarily surprised that the beastly knight could still stand. Whatever magic is controlling it must be powerful, she reasons. Still, the solution to the problem it posed is the same: hit it really hard with a big sword!

[hr]
Attack! [dice]1d20+5 = 2020576273 [/dice]
Damage: [dice]3d6+7 = 1134474836 [/dice]

User avatar
Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu June 10 04 ; 6 17 am

Re: The meeting

Post by Hypo Luxa » Thu September 06 07 ; 6 52 am

Sophie studies the situation for a moment and sees an opportunity to step in for an attack. Tightening the grip on her weapon and taking a deep breathe Sophie raises her mace and can feel the adrenaline of the fight flow through her veins as she brings her mace down upon her adversary only to realize a fraction of a second too late that she slightly miscalculated her timing and just misses the creature. Not expecting to miss, she has to shift her weight to stop the momentum of her mace.

Jane, seeing Sophie just miss and shift her weight, also sees the bugbear take notice and decide to turn his attack in her direction. Jane takes another massive swing at the creature and again finds a gap between the plates of the armor and sinks her sword into the rotting flesh. Unfortunatly, he managed to take a swing at Sophie gashing her arm causing a trickle of red to flow down her arm from the fresh cut (3dmg). Fortunatly, Janes blow throws the bugbear off his balance again which prevented him from hurting Sophie even more.

Vyseth'e steps in to attack the unaware bugbear from behind as he stumbles and she finds a sweet spot in the armor and directs her rapier with deadly precision. Suddenly the weight on her rapier is immense and it is ripped out of her hands as the re-dead bugbear crumples to the ground in a smelly massive heap of rotted flesh, dirty and dented armor, and old rusty weapons... except for the beautiful rapier strapped across it's back.
[align=center]

Image[/align]

User avatar
Uvuriel
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 2510
Joined: Wed March 28 07 ; 12 50 pm
Location: Kalamazoo

Re: The meeting

Post by Uvuriel » Thu September 06 07 ; 10 21 am

"Ooh, what is this??" Vyseth'e hums as she kneels carefully next to the bugbear corpse. "Hello, beautiful." Vyseth'e carefully takes the rapier from the body, unbuckling the straps if need be, and takes a good look at the weapon.

Bardic Knowledge:
[dice]1d20+2 = 368463220 [/dice]

Knowledge Arcana:
[dice]1d20+5 = 2088342617 [/dice]

Knowledge History:
[dice]1d20+5 = 1648695976 [/dice]
[font=Century Gothic]That is it!! Roll for initiative.
I hope you like pain.[/font]
My Myspace page! (And my beach!)

Post Reply

Return to “[Krma] Chapter One: The Tempest of Fate”