The meeting

Moderator: Hypo Luxa

Post Reply
User avatar
Gingerbread Guy
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl
Posts: 4851
Joined: Thu December 30 04 ; 10 10 pm

Re: The meeting

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Thu September 06 07 ; 11 39 am

Jane is still wary of the corpse for a moment until she's fairly certain its properly dead this time. After giving the thing a poke or two with the tip of her enormous sword, she turns to check on Sophie.

"Are you alright?" she asks, sounding concerned, but proud of the smaller woman for stepping up to the fight the way she did. She pulls her chain coif back and scratches her head a little. "Vyseth'e, I don't even know where you came from! One minute this thing is attacking us, and then presto, you're behind it with your rapier sticking out of its chest! You know, I think we're getting the hang of this.."

User avatar
Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu June 10 04 ; 6 17 am

Re: The meeting

Post by Hypo Luxa » Fri September 07 07 ; 6 46 am

Removing the weapon from the corpse proves an easy task. Upon closer examination you can definitely tell it is a master work weapon. The blade is inscribed with an intricate Celtic like design like nothing you've ever seen and the bone handled swept hilt is simply stunning. The blade is easily the most exquisite rapier you have ever laid eyes on.

The blade doesn't appear to have any magical properties that you can ascertain and you definitely have no clue as to the origins of the weapon. It was most likely the prize of some traveler foolish enough to venture deeper into this dilapidated tomb alone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[align=center]

Image[/align]

User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Re: The meeting

Post by StormElfstone » Fri September 07 07 ; 1 49 pm

"Yeah, I think I'll be alright," Sophie replies to Jane, not entirely convincingly.
Seeing the blade Sophie is momentarily distracted from her injuries. She gasps at the beautiful sword, although she can't see herself handling such a weapon; she wonders who among the party will claim it.
"Good work, you two," she congratulates the others on their successful slaying of the enemy and continues to admire the sword.
[hr]
Sophie is at 3/9hp I think I'll hang back for a while :cry:
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

User avatar
Uvuriel
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 2510
Joined: Wed March 28 07 ; 12 50 pm
Location: Kalamazoo

Re: The meeting

Post by Uvuriel » Fri September 07 07 ; 2 00 pm

"Hmm," Vyseth'e says with a slightly cocky smile. "My friends always did say I was quick on my feet." She belts the new rapier scabbard to her waist. "And as to my rapier sticking out of its chest, the beast can keep it. I think it's a fair trade. The living get the best, the dead gets... Well, I suppose it deserves nothing at all, but there's not much point in me carrying around two weapons. The second would only get in the way." She takes another moment to look at her new weapon, then brings it down to her side.

"Alright then. Let's be moving on, shall we?"
[font=Century Gothic]That is it!! Roll for initiative.
I hope you like pain.[/font]
My Myspace page! (And my beach!)

User avatar
Gingerbread Guy
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl
Posts: 4851
Joined: Thu December 30 04 ; 10 10 pm

Re: The meeting

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Sat September 08 07 ; 6 44 pm

The big woman smiles, happy that Vyseth'e seems to be able to put the rapier to good use. She scratches her head a little as she looks around the room.

"Hmm. I'm a little worried about why this.. corpse got up and started to attack us. This place gets weirder by the minute, like a sick joke without a punchline. Maybe there are some clues around?" She looks down at the body. "I guess I'll start here."

With only a hint of a grimace, Jane starts to check the body for other evidence of where it might have come from, or why it was there.

[hr]
OOC: Search, if applicable: [dice]1d20 = 1009377814 [/dice]

User avatar
Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu June 10 04 ; 6 17 am

Re: The meeting

Post by Hypo Luxa » Mon September 10 07 ; 6 21 am

Searching the knight you discover The morningstar that he was using is cracked and nearly worthless, and his other gear (including armor) is in no better condition. You do, however, notice (as well as everyone else) that there are coins scattered across the floor of this chamber as a glint of reflected light catches your eye. Most of them are covered by thick layers of dust with tiny bits of gold glinting here and there.
[align=center]

Image[/align]

User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Re: The meeting

Post by StormElfstone » Tue September 11 07 ; 12 14 pm

As no-one else makes a move, Sophie decides to walk around and pick up all the dropped gold coins, counting them as she goes. When she has finished she goes back to where the larger woman is standing, "Did you find any clues, Jane?"
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

User avatar
Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu June 10 04 ; 6 17 am

Re: The meeting

Post by Hypo Luxa » Tue September 11 07 ; 12 27 pm

[OOC: You've been quite busy.. in all you've picked up 250 gold pieces]
[align=center]

Image[/align]

User avatar
Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu June 10 04 ; 6 17 am

Re: The meeting

Post by Hypo Luxa » Wed September 12 07 ; 6 26 am

[OOC: So you all are standing in a room with a smelly re-dead bugbear and what used to be alot of gold scattered about the floor which Sophie has taken the liberty of gathering. The only way out of this room is the archway you entered from, and you all are feeling quite tired after all the trauma you've been through in the past few hours. Whats your next move?
[align=center]

Image[/align]

User avatar
Gingerbread Guy
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl
Posts: 4851
Joined: Thu December 30 04 ; 10 10 pm

Re: The meeting

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Wed September 12 07 ; 8 04 am

Jane stands up again after crouching to examine the corpse. She winces a little, feeling sore muscles in her back from the brief but rigorous bouts of combat she had faced, but she forces herself to stand with tall, straight posture by reflex. She wipes the heel of her gauntleted palm across her forehead and looks at her companions.

"Well, it looks like we're out of options here. We've explored every passage, and unless there's some kind of secret doors around here..." she trails off, just adding a shrug. "We've been through a lot. I think we could all use a rest, what do you guys think? If so, we can pick one of these rooms where we feel safest and take a breather there - maybe even get in some shut-eye."

User avatar
Uvuriel
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 2510
Joined: Wed March 28 07 ; 12 50 pm
Location: Kalamazoo

Re: The meeting

Post by Uvuriel » Wed September 12 07 ; 9 16 am

"That does sound like a good plan," Vyseth'e says, looking around at her companions. "We should probably find a room with only one way in. You know, good battle tactics and whatnot. Maybe we could even find a way to block off the door."
[font=Century Gothic]That is it!! Roll for initiative.
I hope you like pain.[/font]
My Myspace page! (And my beach!)

User avatar
Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu June 10 04 ; 6 17 am

Re: The meeting

Post by Hypo Luxa » Thu September 13 07 ; 8 53 am

Taking a quick look around the room you currently occupy, you discover there is a large wooden door on the floor that looks as if it used to hang here at one time but the hinges have long ago rust through. The door itself though looks fairly solid. Jane and Vyseth'e heave and manage to upright the door and lean it against the wall, which blocks most of the doorway. Not satisfied with just the door being propped against the wall as thier onjly protection, Sophie joins in and the three women manage to move the large stone table against the door managing to completely barricade the portal.

The three women find locations that look the most comfortable to them and set down to rest and all three quickly fall into a exhausted deep sleep. Dreams come quickly and all three dream about their former lives as they knew it, yet the images mingled and merged with their 'new' lives and soon, the mass of images became so intertwined that it became almost impossible to tell which was which.

Dreams turned philosophical to ponder that in the last few hours in the vastness of the time and space continuum, destiny awoke and began to rearrange the pawns in the game of life. For three individuals, some piece of sanity was ripped away and everything they once knew was forced into dreams and memories of a life that no longer existed. Which life was real? Which life was the dream? Only with the next awakening were the answers going to be apparent to them. Reality depended greatly with where they awoke.

After what seemed like nothing more than a few minutes of sleep, save for stiff backs and necks and no faint hiss of torrential rain, the three women woke up feeling rather refreshed, but the dreams they just had still lingered. They had their answer. There was no longer any question who they were...

[OOC: Please update your character sheets in the profiler with items you've collected and level up your characters to level 2. Feel free to take max HP. If your wounded, just add what you gain for level 2 to your current and then gain 2 points back for resting.

Also need to know what you want to do now.. your still in the room barricaded room...]
[align=center]

Image[/align]

User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Post by StormElfstone » Sat September 15 07 ; 3 24 am

OOC: Am I right in thinking we´ve explored the whole of the inside of the tor and we´ve reached a dead end?
If that´s the case, Sophie will have a light breakfast from her rations and propose they head back out the way they came in, to see what lies outside since it appears to have stopped raining. We could also distribute treasure, or each person can just hang on to what they´ve got for the timebeing.
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

User avatar
Gingerbread Guy
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl
Posts: 4851
Joined: Thu December 30 04 ; 10 10 pm

Re: The meeting

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Sat September 15 07 ; 6 24 pm

Jane wakes with a quiet groan - sleeping in her mail on a hard floor wasn't terribly comfortable, and she had built up a nice collection of aches and pains from the previous day. She sits up and looks at the other two women and smiles to herself when she finds them safe and sound.

The big warrior checks on the cut she received where the hobgoblin's sword found a gap in her armor. When she is satisfied that it is clean enough and starting to heal over, she treats her empty stomach to a meal of dry rations and stale water.

[OOC: I'm all for dividing up the treasure now. If Uvy agrees too, I'll sort through the posts and make a list of everything we found. Also, what are we doing about Moro?]

User avatar
StormElfstone
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat March 26 05 ; 12 45 pm
Location: In a world of my own
Contact:

Post by StormElfstone » Sun September 16 07 ; 11 43 am

OOC: I think Moro is "no longer with us."
[font=Times New Roman]Run for the hills before they burn,
Listen to the sound of the world and watch it turn,[/font]


My YouTube Channel

Post Reply

Return to “[Krma] Chapter One: The Tempest of Fate”