Three of a kind

Moderator: Uvuriel

Kord
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl

Re: Three of a kind

Post by Kord » Sun December 09 07 ; 8 55 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not really trained to fight long range, Malik decides to go mostly on the defensive. First he uses his knee's to direct his horse to face the incoming enemy. Keeping his shield up (using shield block for extra ac) and his flaming sword readied, he then calls on his combat expertise (reducing 5 from my attack and adding it to my dodge bonus, with shield block and combat expertise AC=30). He will then wait and attack albeit at -5 to his to hit roll when the thing fly's by.

P.S IF by chance the wyvern hits my horse, Malik will use his mounted combat to try and avoid the hit.

[Edit by Uvy: Try not to post any rolls unless I ask for them. ^_^]

Uvuriel
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin

Post by Uvuriel » Sun December 09 07 ; 1 24 pm

[[Ghengis, incoming PM about your spell.]]

Deakon calls out to Rye, "Get down!" as he lets loose three of his arrows at one of the Wyverns streaking towards the ground. All three hit the Wyvern--Deakon's shots line up perfect and the Wyvern flies right into each one. One lodges into it's wing joint, one into it's neck, and one into it's torso. The Wyvern screeches out as it suddenly finds flying to be far more difficult.

Gavan releases his own arrow at the same Wyvern. Unfortunately, the Wyvern can hardly control its own flying pattern, and it lurches a different direction than Gavan had anticipated. The arrow misses, though narrowly.

Malik turns his horse towards the diving Wyverns. His horse bickers and clicks its teeth as the sight of the diving Wyverns comes into its view, but Malik holds his mount steady. The Wyverns finally come within attacking distance. The one that has Deakon's arrows lodged into it is thoroughly agitated and swoops down to attack back. Deakon's horse bolts as the Wyvern grabs with its talons, and Deakon twists out of the way of the first one--only to be violently grabbed by the second. As the Wyvern tries to pick him up off the ground, though, Deakon manages to squirm out of the beast's grip and drop a few feet to land safely on the ground. He has a painful looking gash in his side from where one of the Wyvern's claws caught him.

Rye drops several feet and casts a spell. Suddenly, a shimmering, slightly blueish glowing hand-shaped formation appears in front of her. It hovers there ominously, awaiting her command.

The Wyvern that attacked her last time turns around to attack again. It reaches out with its claws and manages to get a claw wrapped tightly around her waist. As she squirms to get away, the Wyvern's tail lashes out from behind her. She sees it as she twists around in the creature's vicegrip and ducks her shoulder just in the nick of time.

[[OOC: Deakon and Malik!! Need your actions!! Whoo!!]]
[font=Century Gothic]That is it!! Roll for initiative.
I hope you like pain.[/font]
My Myspace page! (And my beach!)

Genghis
Master Gamer|Master Gaming Guy|Master Gaming Girl

Post by Genghis » Sun December 09 07 ; 1 58 pm

Not overly afraid of falling with the ring on her finger, Rysancy relaxes just a bit in the wyvern's grip long breath to breath in some air for her spell. If this didn't work, she'd have to count on alternate help...

OOC: Escape Artist: +3
Casting Inflict Serious Wounds with my Spectral Hand 3d8+8 damage with ranged touch... +9 hit (no Armor :-) )
Once more unto the breach, dear friends!

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Sun December 09 07 ; 5 34 pm

"Rye!" Gavan shouts reflexively. Taking on a group of monsters this powerful wasn't what he was used to; in his bodyguard work, running was much more common than confrontation. Trying to bring down a pack of wyvrens went against the first rule Melinda ever taught him - and it felt amazing!

Feeling his heart pound in his ears, Gavan brings his bow about and trains an arrow on the wyvren holding Rye in its grasp.

Kord

Post by Kord » Mon December 10 07 ; 6 43 am

Unable to do anything until a Wyvern actually comes in range, Malik does what he was trained to do, be patient and wait for the right moment to attack. He does his best to attract a wyvern's attention by swinging his sword around and yelling out battle cry's.

Dragon Knight
Novice

Post by Dragon Knight » Tue December 18 07 ; 2 15 pm

Deakon resigns to the hard fact that the wyvern closed the space between them. He drops his bow and whips out his axe. He lets himself devolve into a predatory frenzy and goes hack-fest on the beast.

Uvuriel
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin

Post by Uvuriel » Tue December 18 07 ; 9 42 pm

The wyverns continue with their assault. Deakon fends off his attacker without harm, and Malik draws the attack of the other beast. The knight's extra precaution serves him well as the wyvern gets a little too close for comfort, nicking and nearly catching onto a crack in the knight's armor plates...

The third wyvern screeches out in pain as Rye's conjuration creeps through the air and touches a cold, fleshless finger to the wyvern's scales. The dragon-kin screams and lashes out at Rye, bashing her with a wing and leaving what's sure to become a dark bruise within an hour or two. The motion seems to be too much for it, though, and it's eyes roll backwards in its head as it careens towards the ground. With a dull *thud*, it hits the ground at an awkward angle... There's no way it could have survived in the condition it was in.

Deakon lets loose on his wyvern, swinging wildly and brutally. Perhaps too wildly, though, because one swing misses and the other skids harmlessly off of the hardened scales.

Malik keeps defense in mind as he takes a careful aimed swing at the flying menace. His first swing connects solidly, taking the wyvern by surprise and nearly shearing off a claw. The wyvern bucks in response, causing Malik's second attack to end up turning defensive at the last moment.

[[OOC: Next round!! Wheee!!]]
[font=Century Gothic]That is it!! Roll for initiative.
I hope you like pain.[/font]
My Myspace page! (And my beach!)

Kord

Post by Kord » Wed December 19 07 ; 7 50 am

Malik continues with his defensive strategy while directing his horse Shadow with his knees and egging on the Wyvern he just injured.
"Cmon, you ugly flying beast.... come feel the sting of my blade!"

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Wed December 19 07 ; 1 33 pm

Gavan watches the wyvren in his sights simply roll over dead in mid-air as though Rye had killed it with a look. Still at least two in the air. Damn, I'll have gawk later.

[OOC: Gavan will fire one arrow at Deakon's wyvren and use his move action to get next to Rye (or next to the square she's in, if she's still up in the air). If she's back on the ground, he'll designate her as his "charge" for the rest of the fight, meaning that any attacks aimed at her will be aimed at Gavan instead.]

Genghis
Master Gamer|Master Gaming Guy|Master Gaming Girl

Post by Genghis » Wed December 19 07 ; 4 52 pm

Rysancy does indeed lower herself to the ground with her ring, before another sly grin overcomes her face. So Malik needed one to get to the ground did he? Time to fix that...Once more she moves her hands and mutters words beneath her breath.

OOC: Move to reach ground; casting "Wrack." Wyvern needs to make a fortitude save against DC 21 or fall to the ground doubled over in pain and temporarily blinded. Subject will be helpless for 8 rounds and cannot take actions.
Once more unto the breach, dear friends!

Return to “TN Main”