Finding the Door?

1. This game will post 3 days a week. The plan is for a late Monday, Wednesday, and early Friday post. If a character does not post, I will decide actions for the character based on character background and actions in game. <br />2. I will only allow character races that would normally be found in Cormyr. If you have any questions, please PM me.<br /> Cormyr needs a group of adventurers to search out a potential Netherese ruin, explore the ruins, and report your findings to the crown.
<br />Do you have the right stuff to meet the needs of the crown?

Moderator: chameleon

chameleon
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl

Finding the Door?

Post by chameleon » Mon November 03 08 ; 10 51 am

[font=Garamond]Nerull chuckles at Odig’s comments. Very little in the world would make orcs smell better. Once Odig cleans off his axe, he begins to search the bodies of the orcs. He finds 21gold crowns and 10 silvers, some lint and a fresh apple.

While Odig searches the bodies, Bianca and Nerull search the chamber. The floor is smooth granite with patches of sand and dirt where the chamber hasn’t been completely excavated. On one wall they find a pentagonal archway on the east wall of the chamber. The archway is about 10 feet across. The arch is one foot thick and extends from the wall one foot. Even as worn as the arch is, the archway still has a considerable amount of writing on it, along every side.
Bianca pulls a small piece of paper from her pocket and begins to compare the letters on the paper with those on the archway. Sure enough, the lettering on the archway is Netherese. She turns to Odig and says,[/font]
[font=book antiqua]“I can’t be sure, but I think this may be the whatever else that Lord Hawklin was talking about. Take a look here … footprints leading into and out of the archway, but none that appear to be travelling along the wall. What do you think, maybe a portal to somewhere else?”[/font]

[font=Garamond]Nerull nods his head in agreement.[/font] [font=copperplate gothic light]“Could be a portal. The question is how do we activate it and what do we do from here? Try to figure out how to make it work or try to secure the locale and return to Suzail, the Lord Hawklin what we know and collect our money?”[/font]
[font=copperplate gothic light]When the DM laughs, it is already too late![/font] :D

Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin

Re: Finding the Door?

Post by Hypo Luxa » Thu November 06 08 ; 9 00 am

Odig studies the archway for a few minutes considering each choice carefully. He turns to teh others Hmm.. I seem to recall he said something that turned on the portal from his mansion.. something like...

He turns to the portal and clears his throat, then says "Uh, in the name of... something... I bid you to open... ye damned infernal contraption.
[align=center]

Image[/align]

chameleon
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl

Post by chameleon » Wed November 12 08 ; 11 51 am

[font=Times New Roman]Both Bianca and Nerull get a good laugh from Odig's attempt to activate the portal. After looking at each other for a few seconds after the humorous attempt, Nerull says, [/font][font=Copperplate Gothic Light] "So I guess the question remains ... do we wait for some orcs to return and determine how this portal works or secure the locale as best we can and return to the camp?"[/font]
[font=copperplate gothic light]When the DM laughs, it is already too late![/font] :D

Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin

Post by Hypo Luxa » Thu November 13 08 ; 10 54 am

Odig shrugs after the attempt failed. He knew it would, but it was worth a good laugh at any rate. He turns Nerull and says Well, there's bound to be more. I say we follow the smell and find us some more of these oversized pincushions and see what they know. If they are less than helpful, eh, no great loss.
[align=center]

Image[/align]

Return to “Door From Everywhere”