Meeting of strangers

Within the masks hold the power of all magic: divination, illusion, evocation, necromancy, abjuration, conjuration, enchantment, and alteration. With such, one can rule the world... Can a band of heroes find the masks and resist the temptation of domination?

Moderator: Hypo Luxa

Gingerbread Guy
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl

Re: Meeting of strangers

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Mon March 03 08 ; 11 00 am

OOC: Autobots, ROLL OUT!

Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin

Post by Hypo Luxa » Tue March 04 08 ; 8 12 am

Having gathered everything needed, the companions head out of town on the road that heads through a sparsely populated forest. The thin forest offers little cover and eventually, the trees grow even more sparse opening up into a wide field of wild grass and wheat on both sides of the cut path. The wild vegatation towers 6 feet into teh air and waves methodically back and forth in the warm evening breeze. The dipping sun basks everyone in a warm comforting glow and the sounds of nature puts everyone in a relaxed and somewhat cheerful mood. The sun lingers just above the horizon and you estimate you have maybe 2 hours of daylight left.
[align=center]

Image[/align]

Genghis
Master Gamer|Master Gaming Guy|Master Gaming Girl

Post by Genghis » Tue March 04 08 ; 9 49 am

As before, Arell stays close to Mason; he was affable enough but her reasosn were a little more selfish than that.

"Were you passing through that town on any particular business?" she asks, hoping to learn more about her companions. The gods knew they hadn't formed any connections after the drinking.
Once more unto the breach, dear friends!

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Thu March 06 08 ; 2 26 pm

Mason seems eager to get moving and almost annoyingly cheerful about the prospect of camping out under the stars as Arell suggested. He carries his belongings in a long, cylindrical burlap sack slung over his shoulder by the drawstring, but keeps his rations handy at the top so that he can easily reach in to grab a snack. As he walks, his wooden sandals clip and clack softly, providing a fairly even rhythm to which he quietly hums every now and then.

Arell's company seems welcome. "Business? Oh no no, this was just a pleasure trip, and I don't like to mix business with pleasure," he explains, making minimal sense, as usual. "Someone mentioned it was a real happening town, so I thought I'd stop by to check it out - though, in retrospect, had I know that 'happening' meant that sentient alien plants were killing everyone, I probably would have gone someplace else. But then I wouldn't have almost died, or have an interesting new quest, nor met any of you interesting people, or be on my way to our epic bonfire under the stars, so I'd say it worked out."

"What about you?" he asks, glancing over at the young adventurer.

Genghis

Post by Genghis » Thu March 06 08 ; 7 30 pm

Arell chuckles at the plant reference. "Not business, no," she says taking a moment to appreciate the flora they are passing by. "I'm seeking self-improvement and happiness, I guess. A little indulgent, I suppose, but I am my own worst obstacle." She looks Mason over appraisingly, "You remind me of one monk named Cerel; he was maddeningly happy all the time and maddeningly indifferent to the stresses that life threw at him. I was very jealous that I never discovered a way to 'let go' while in the monastery; all my abilities seem to come from a profound concentration that I can't use to affect myself."

Arell pauses then realizes she's been rambling, "There aren't many people to talk to out here, even with the sheer number of races and civilizations. Forgive my rambling."

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Thu March 06 08 ; 7 59 pm

"Never apologize for rambling, ever," Mason says casually, flashing a knowing smile full of white teeth. "And don't be jealous of this Cerel fellow either. You must have learned more at that monastery than you thought. I've seen your spirit, Arell, and what it can do."

"I want you to light the bonfire tonight."

Kord

Post by Kord » Fri March 07 08 ; 6 15 am

Payton steps up or rather bounces up towards the two and proclaims with a playful smile "Hey, what are you two talking about? I can't even get a peep out of the others?"

Genghis

Post by Genghis » Fri March 07 08 ; 6 41 am

Arell smiles at Mason's suggestion then turns to the cleric. "Talk about being true to oneself..." she quips. "Just talking about how we got here and how we met. Oh, and fires... What's your story?"

Kord

Post by Kord » Fri March 07 08 ; 7 41 am

"Who me?" a slight giggle slips out "um.... I'm sort of a free spirit.... used to get in alot of trouble before I um.... inherited my bumps and curves"

Realizing how that sounds she quickly corrects herself "Not in the breaking the law type of trouble, more of the curious, teasing, joking around type trouble. Anyways someone took notice in the fact that I took notice in some boys and well thats when someone decided to do something about it." once again she rubs the tuft of hair on her head "Well that certainly stopped me in my tracks, not to mention anyone else that may have starting to take notice. So now I'm supposed to try and change my ways and be all polite and stuff. But really, how are you supposed to stop that feeling down there."

dam.nn.. I mean oops... I can't believe I just said that outloud.... I am so embarrassed."uh... sorry Mason." she says turning bright red and turn to keep her eyes looking at Arell in a look that says please help change the subject or something

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Fri March 07 08 ; 9 54 am

"Why would you want to do a stupid thing like suppressing your feelings? Because someone else told you to? Because they can't deal with them? Pfft," Mason says, swatting at the very idea idea as though it were a mosquito. "If you want to do something - I mean, you really want to do it - then do it! If you want to change who you are, then go for it. Just don't do it because somebody else told you to. Never met Farlanghn myself, but I get the impression that the big guy creates paths for us to walk in life; He doesn't close them."

Genghis

Post by Genghis » Sat March 08 08 ; 8 02 am

Arell can't quite manage to supress her raised eyebrows at the girl's mention of desire, but knows she isn't qualified to judge.

She nods at Mason's reply, adding only, "He's right." Of course, such words coming from a girl not much older than Payton probably rings hollow, but there it was. Arell isn't quite as accepting as her wooden-soled companion. She casts an occasional suspicious glance back at the other 'tower' to be sure he's not laughing at them...

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Sat March 08 08 ; 9 08 am

Mason follows Arell's glance back to Durahn. In contrast to Ari's suspicion, he gives the malicious warrior a big grin.

"What about you, Durahn? And you, Havoc? Were you two doing anything interesting in these parts, or is our meeting just a big happy coincidence? And will someone please tell me they have an instrument with them? Because if not, we're going to have to improvise tonight. This bonfire will have music if I have to play your heads like bongo drums."

Kord

Post by Kord » Sat March 08 08 ; 3 22 pm

"Hmmm...Your both right. And I sort of was planning on changing things once I got out from under my adoptive fathers watchful eye. I guess it just hasn't sank in yet that he isn't here to tell me what to do anymore. And I think Farlanghn would approve of my decision. thanks." payton says with a smile.

wildfox
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl

Post by wildfox » Tue March 11 08 ; 3 26 pm

As Durahn treks just behind his companions he keeps his eyes on the trail ahead and a hand resting idly and conviniently near the handaxe hanging from his belt. Although his pack is large and oddly shaped he appears to have no problems lugging it around.
Seemingly disinterested in the conversation occuring he opens his mouth only when Mason addresses him.
"Aye, coincidence." He plainly states as his eyes continue to search ahead.
After a pause, perhaps to think to himself, he opens his mouth again "I left my company ... and I have no instrument, my apologies."

Gargoyal
Gamer|Gamer Guy|Gamer Girl

Post by Gargoyal » Fri March 14 08 ; 9 49 am

After listening to everyone else's explanation of how they got here, with the exception of Durahn, Havoc decides he would like to be included to an extent.
Part coincidence, part my fault. I had heard of some strange things happening in this area and thought it would be a good learning experience and a chance to get away from studying.
After saying this, Havoc seems to get lost in his thoughts wile keeping an eye on the path.

Return to “[MoD] Prelude”