Treefall

Kord
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl

Re: Treefall

Post by Kord » Sun May 25 08 ; 8 30 am

Payton looks around and notes the Inn, after a moment she leans over and whispers into Mason's ear with a soft whisper that tickles his ear "How come every inn we go in, the town is suffering from some disease. it certainly would be alot more fun if we could use the Inn for what its intended for, especially the overnight accomodations."

wildfox
Astute Gamer|Astute Gamer Guy|Astute Gamer Girl

Post by wildfox » Tue May 27 08 ; 10 37 am

Suprised at the inkeepers response Durahn stands there with a facial expression as close to surprise as he'll ever have.
Torn between feeling angered by the man or to respect his courage he starts to wonder Have I become soft being around these ... weak folk?
Reaching into his coin purse he throws a gold piece down, after a pause he decides to throw down a silver one as well.

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Tue May 27 08 ; 5 07 pm

Mason snorts at Payton's whisper. "It's way more fun to use it for what it isn't intended, trust me," he says out loud, no doubt making people wonder about the first half of that exchange.

To the inn keeper, Mason offers a broad smile. He sees the gold coin that Durahn put down and wonders if he can't get himself a better deal.. somehow. It is worth a try! "How much for a room, my friend?"

Genghis
Master Gamer|Master Gaming Guy|Master Gaming Girl

Post by Genghis » Wed May 28 08 ; 4 41 am

Arell laughs gaily at Mason's question, "Oh, no, not that line of questioning again!" She points to Durahn with mischief in her eyes, "You'd be better off sleeping in his room and paying him back half."
Once more unto the breach, dear friends!

Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin

Post by Hypo Luxa » Wed May 28 08 ; 6 31 am

The barkeep smiles warmly One gold per night. That covers a few bowls of fresh stew as well and for a silver extra, endless supply of bread.
[align=center]

Image[/align]

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Wed May 28 08 ; 7 53 am

A muscle under Mason's eye twitches, but he keeps smiling. "And you close at dusk, no exceptions? Good to know." The monk takes a few steps towards Durahn and picks the man's gold piece up off the bar top - leaving the silver. "You'll want to keep this, he says quietly to the warrior. We all need to talk."

Mason takes up a seat at an empty table - one as far from other patrons as possible. Then he reaches his hand up and clicks his fingers. "Barkeep! A mug of your finest free well water if you please!"

Kord

Post by Kord » Fri May 30 08 ; 3 20 pm

"Nothing for me. I'll just find us seats." Payton states. She looks about the room and trys to find a spot that they all can sit and speak in privacy.

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Sun June 01 08 ; 7 42 am

Mason pulls his legs up in his seat to sit cross-legged and waves his hand impatiently, bidding the others to gather around his table. Though he smiles brightly, there is a dangerous look in his eye.

"There is something seriously queer up going on around here," he utters quietly to those who join him. "The town priest seems to be gathering people for a late-night congregation, and Arawn isn't invited. Now this inn closes shut after dark.. they know something is wrong but so far nobody is talking."

Genghis

Post by Genghis » Mon June 02 08 ; 1 17 pm

"Yeah, if there was some way we could surreptitiously draw blood from someone...see if the whole town in infected with lycanthropy..." Arell narrows her eyes, "I can try to work someone over for information. I just need to find someone who's attracted to scrawny girls."

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Tue June 03 08 ; 6 56 pm

Smiling eagerly, Mason puts up his hand. "....... Oh you mean someone from the village! Right right, that makes sense." He puts his hand back down. "We could try paying Arawn's family a visit. Maybe that sister of his knows something. But really.. let's say we find concrete evidence that this whole town has been exposed to something like lycanthropy. What are we supposed to do about that? Other than run away very, very quickly."

Kord

Post by Kord » Tue June 03 08 ; 7 17 pm

"I think we should just stick to the original mission and let some military organization handle this town." Payton remarks quietly

Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin

Post by Hypo Luxa » Thu June 05 08 ; 6 42 am

just as Payton finishes her remark and loaf of warm bread is set down on the table in front of the travelers with a knife stuck into the top of it. As the smell reaches your noses, your mouth start to instinctively water. The barkeep says in his most businesslike tone Stew or broth for anyone? Also would you like drinks?
[align=center]

Image[/align]

Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin

Post by Hypo Luxa » Tue June 10 08 ; 11 22 am

The innkeep, apparently agitated that his query was completely ignored, clears his throat loudly and makes another attempt at querying the patrons desire for any refreshments and stew.
[align=center]

Image[/align]

Kord

Post by Kord » Tue June 10 08 ; 9 26 pm

Payton turns her nose up and states "none for me."

Genghis

Post by Genghis » Thu June 12 08 ; 4 40 pm

"I'd like my two gold's worth," pipes in Arell, "It is, after all, what many peasants make in a season."

Return to “Chapter 1: The Orb”