Good morning Swindon

A place to start writing and keep on writing and writing and ...
The_Bearded_ Baby
Punk||Chic

Good morning Swindon

Post by The_Bearded_ Baby » Sun September 11 05 ; 5 03 am

Janice, the old lady, awoke again in her Swindon cottage which she found cosy, but lonely.
"Good morning Swindon!" she told herself as she threw open the curtains revealing a travelling circus full of weirdos performing her garden.
Sunset is an all day process

Sandcrawler
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl

Re: Good morning Swindon

Post by Sandcrawler » Sun September 11 05 ; 8 20 am

A soft knocking on her door caught her attention, and she draped a large, white shawl about her shoulders before answering.

The massive form of Igor Stelenev greeted her. His bearded face was split by a large, white grin, just as it was every morning since they'd met three weeks ago, "Good morning, miss," he said with a sweeping bow, "And how are you this fine day?" She had to admit, such enthusiasm first thing in the morning seemed like blasphemy, but she nodded anyway. His energy was catching.

"I'm fine, Igor. It looks like it will be a beautiful day again."

"Yes, miss. It most definitely will be." His smile faded slowly, "I have news, Miss. I did not know how to say it." His thick accent almost hid the last sentence in its quietness, "Something has happened. You need to come with me."
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

Longbo
Punk||Chic

Post by Longbo » Mon September 19 05 ; 7 43 pm

Igor led the lady by the arm outside to the garden, her fuzzy white slippers dragging through the mud as she moved slowly along with the help of the large circus performer.

"My my," she began as her eyes came upon a strange sphere sitting upon a table. "What do we have here," she asked Igor as her eyes lit up with childish enthusiasm. She extended her hand slowly toward the clear sphere. As her hand neared the sphere it began to change. Its lost its clarity and red clouds began to form within, growing darker and more violent as the distance between her hand and the sphere grew smaller.

The sky began to darken as rain clouds slowly filled the sky. Janice's hand was mere centimeters away from the ball when it began to rain.

A single raindrop fell on Janice's outstretched hand, causing her to retract it to warm it with her other hand. It was the coldest rain drop Janice had ever felt. The rain continued to fall lightly on her small house and the circus.

Janice retreated back into her house--back into the warmth. Away from the cold, cold rain.
Its true

The_Bearded_ Baby
Punk||Chic

Post by The_Bearded_ Baby » Thu September 29 05 ; 1 39 pm

"I know, Miss, you're just out of bed, and you may find this hard to take to your head but--"
"And how, may I ask sir, for I have not said, that just this moment I have got of my bed?"
"Trapesium performer, Professer Sir Neil Burtons, a few moments ago watched you open your curtains!"
"Trust him for certain, or trust him not, I signed the contract for you weird lot; to perform in my garden!"
"I beg your pardon, ma'am, but may I get to the point? For the contract I could not give but a damn."
"I wish not for pain in my joints, nor orb, nor sphere, but for you circus freaks to get out of here!"
"Get dressed old madam, drink up your tea, take what you will, go for a wee, we're going on a search for Hussain O'Sadam!"
Sunset is an all day process

Return to “Chain Novel”