3D Avatar-based RPGs - (D&D or VtM) - Developers Needed

Have a site you want to pimp? You can do that here

Moderators: Aquilo, Talon, Global Moderator

Hollow Kitten
Seasoned Gamer|Seasoned Gaming Guy|Seasoned Gaming Girl

3D Avatar-based RPGs - (D&D or VtM) - Developers Needed

Post by Hollow Kitten » Tue March 27 07 ; 6 36 pm

I will not be working on more than my rough draft till this summer, but... I would very much like to see if I could get this running and accepting players by September.

I have a couple of software programs that seem like they might work well for it, but I am still experimenting with formats and stuff. I only have minimal programming experience so been looking for something with an easy interface.

I will probably be looking for people to help me design structures and settings for the 3D environment, for others to roam around in and interact. 3D sight-based environment should make roleplaying very interesting.

If you'd like to help or are otherwise interested... just post on up and we'll talk whenever I have the time.

Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin

Post by Hypo Luxa » Wed March 28 07 ; 6 52 am

Time permitting, I could lend a hand. I'll catch ya online
[align=center]

Image[/align]

Hollow Kitten

Re: 3D Avatar-based RPGs - (D&D or VtM) - Developers Nee

Post by Hollow Kitten » Mon April 16 07 ; 8 31 am

Here is a picture of one of the character's I made with the program and it looks really nice. The backgrounds are just wonderful too, and a lot of the furniture is interactive. You can sit on couches and chairs, and you can even light fireplaces and such.

[hr]

Hypo Luxa
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin

Post by Hypo Luxa » Mon April 16 07 ; 8 49 am

hmm, not bad at all. What app are you using?
[align=center]

Image[/align]

Hollow Kitten

Post by Hollow Kitten » Mon April 16 07 ; 10 08 am

http://moove.com/

All their stuff is free... and it looks like it'll be a good format to roleplay off of. It's user-expanded so as people design stuff it can be added right in. I am still tinkering with things but I like it the best so far.

Hollow Kitten

Post by Hollow Kitten » Sun April 22 07 ; 4 46 pm

http://worldsofdarkness.yuku.com/

Above is the location of the forum I'll be using for the game itself. I would love to use RPGHQ's boards but the trouble is that I cannot make separate sections invisible within a forum and that is important to the game's function.

However, developers will be having admin or moderator access there in order to help, and I am posting up some links to here from there as well. Especially since I do most of my gaming here now.

If you go to Moove, my username is x-Storyteller-x so you can use that to find me or be really nice and sign up under me so I can use the bonus "virtual money" I get from it to buy cool furniture and stuff for the game.

Aquilo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Aquilo » Wed April 25 07 ; 5 06 am

[quote="Hollow Kitten";p="70699"]http://worldsofdarkness.yuku.com/

Above is the location of the forum I'll be using for the game itself. I would love to use RPGHQ's boards but the trouble is that I cannot make separate sections invisible within a forum and that is important to the game's function.....[/quote]

Since you mentioned it, yes, we can set up "separate sections invisible within a forum" for you, but if you want to continue with an offiste forum for this that is ok

Let us know if you want to give it a try here & we'll work with you to set things up how you need/want them.
[font=Times New Roman]"Adventure? Excitement? A Jedi craves not these things"... In that case, I want to be a Sith![/font]

Hollow Kitten

Post by Hollow Kitten » Wed April 25 07 ; 3 58 pm

Yeah, I talked to Talon via IM about it for a while and I'm currently debating it. I really like it here but the player flow could be pretty big and that means a lot of extra work.

If I get upwards of 25 players (this is not uncommon across the system, especially in a graphical environment), each has to have their own invisible section for character notes, character sheets, and logs of game sessions for XP. I'd have to send in a petition for each new player that came in to have them added in and then again if someone had to be removed to keep things current.

I have no doubt in your abilities to keep up with the workload. I only wish not to be a hassle in constantly pestering you to have to make changes to it.

It's still in debate. I am talking it over with the other people who will be helping me run it to get their input on the matter and see what specifications we'll need to get it to run smoothly whether you guys do it or whether we do it ourselves.

Remus Lupin
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin

Post by Remus Lupin » Thu April 26 07 ; 10 56 am

Talon,
Maybe the 'invisible sections' could be set up ahead of time, with generic names?

Renaming and granting the appropriate person access should be easier than creating new from scratch as needed.

Hollow,
I'm not trying to pressure you to keep the game here, just offering up a thought on a way to set this up so it would be easier to add new players
[font=Tahoma] The Shrieking Shack was never haunted.... The screams and howls the villagers use to hear were made by me. [/font]

Return to “Advertising”