Prologue: An Unusual Request

Kord
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl

Re: Prologue: An Unusual Request

Post by Kord » Mon October 10 05 ; 7 33 pm

Ken realizes the time and figures it best to at least look presentable to Estella when she wakes up. He heads upstairs to the bathroom and fixes himself up and then calls for Chase to see if there is a spare set of decent clothes around that might fit him.

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Mon October 10 05 ; 7 52 pm

"I'm not your tailor, Ken," Chase says with a sneer when presented with the idea, as though Ken were nothing but an annoying mosquito. However, Ken can see the thought sinking into his mind. The gears start to turn. ".... Well, you do look about my size." A sigh. "Fine, come with me."

Fashion: vice of the truly vain.

Before long, Chase and Ken have picked out a tasteful outfit. "Well, you're a little longer in the thigh than I am, and you have broader shoulders.. bastard," he mutters, "but I think we did pretty well." Chase checks his watch. "Five twenty. Estella should be up any minute. She tells me the Prince is stopping by. Good luck," he says quietly as he heads off, no telling wether he meant it or not.

Kord

Post by Kord » Tue October 11 05 ; 7 56 pm

Ken ignores Chase's comments when the spit out of his mouth. best to start ignoring them now, he would most likely have to put up with them for a long time. After the job of dressing is done though, Ken does thank him "Thanks Chase, for the help and for the encouragement. I'll put in a good word to Estella for you." Ken then takes one last look into the mirror and heads off to meet Estella.

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Tue October 11 05 ; 9 34 pm

Ken finds Estella just as she's leaving her bedroom, dressed in long, fitted red dress and shawl, with a vaguely asian print and matching gloves. Her hair cascades over her shoulders, looking perfect as always.

She very nearly purrs when she sees Ken, greeting him with a kiss on the cheek. "I skipped my usual bath," she says, wiping lipstick off Ken's cheek. "You kept me nice and warm all night. Its been so long."

Linking arms with her companion, she checks her diamond-encrusted watch. "Past six. The Prince will be here shortly. Speak only when spoken to, and be polite. Prince Channing is over a thousand years old.. no offence, but as a ghoul you're only a gnat by comparison. I rate not much higher in the animal kingdom myself. Very few people cross the Atlantic to see a gnat, so be respectful."

Estella leads her beau to one of the second floor parlors - this one white, with red velvet couches and a victorian-style coffee table. A large space has been cleared in the center of the room, as if to hold many mingling people.

"Any minute now. Any last questions or concerns?"

Kord

Post by Kord » Thu October 13 05 ; 10 28 am

Ken says a bit nervous "Well obviously, meeting Prince Channing seems to be a rare occasion, what exactly is my purpose here again and what happens if he doesnt um.. like me?"

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Thu October 13 05 ; 2 09 pm

"You aren't the only one getting the Embrace.. other kindred will have childer of their own, and I want you to have the best possible start to your unlife. I want you to stand out among the others in Prince Channings eyes. Its not so much a question of approval at this point.. I'm allowed to chose whom I please. Besides.. whats there not to like?" Estella laughs quietly.

Just then, Ken feels a shiver run up his spine, and he feels an alien presence in his mind. Instantly he can tell that it isn't Estella. It is something older.. Much, much older; far too old to be human by any definition of the word. Memories surface in his mind - his own. His first kiss, the bitter hatred of a forgotten highschool betrayal, the smell of his mother's hair when he hugs her, the names of beloved pets, the faces of lost loves. And then, laughter. Playful laughter.

An image begins to form before vampire and ghoul. It is ghostly white, translucent, and eerily ethereal. Ken is surprised to see that it is distinctly female, and possessed of unearthly beauty.

Estella bows her head and curties elegantly. "Kenneth Largo, meet Prince Meribeth Channing of Clan Ventrue."

An angelic face with eyes black as night and a playful, fanged smile looms close to Ken's, nearly close enough to kiss. Her lips move as if to speak words, but her voice seems to reverberate through the entire room with no true point of origin.

"He's cute. I want one."

Kord

Post by Kord » Sat October 15 05 ; 5 46 pm

Whether female or male, Ken would have been surprised none the less. He hadnt expected for the prince to appear out of thin air. He completely misses the princes comments and after a few moments of shocked silence, Ken regains what composure he can muster and following Estella lead, bows and reply's "I am deeply honored to be given the opportunity to be in your presence."

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Sat October 15 05 ; 7 05 pm

The apparition of the Prince of Norfolk hovers before vampire and ghoul for a moment or two longer. Her hair floats in a radiant mane about her head, unaffected by the forces of gravity or any concept of reality. She reaches out with one ghostly finger and runs it down the length of Ken's chest.

"You have my approval and my blessing, Estella," speaks the ghost without taking her midnight black eyes from Ken's.

A flood of thoughts surge into Ken's mind in a heartbeat. The thoughts come not as words, but as understanding: She will be returning from europe by private jet in five nights. Prince Channing will hold court upon her arrival and meet with all sires and potential childer. Ken is to explain this to Estella.

The phantom winks, and with that, vanishes in a mote of white light.

"She's gone," Estella says, breathing a quiet sigh of relief. "I think she liked you."

Kord

Post by Kord » Sat October 15 05 ; 7 34 pm

Ken is just as surprised to see that Prince channing left as quickly as she appeared. well that certainly didnt last long.. He turns to Estella, breathing heavily "I hope so... at least I'm still standing anyways." Ken embraces Estella as one would embrace a lover after sharing a joyous moment together. he kisses her neck and then whispers in her ear "Prince Channing is to return via private jet from Europe in 5 nights. She will hold court upon her arrival and meet with all sires and potential childer. " releasing his embrace, he audibly says "I was surprised to find that the Prince was a she, One would normally acquaint a Prince as a male."

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Sat October 15 05 ; 8 16 pm

Estella nods, both in understanding and in agreement. "The title is unisex. Male or female, the Prince is the most powerful kindred in a given city." She encircles an arm around Ken's waist and smiles up at him. "I'm glad she liked you. She has very discriminating tastes, as do most members of Clan Ventrue."

"Meribeth is old.. very old. You've read Shakespeare's play MacBeth, I assume. Meribeth is the daughter of the real King MacBeth. Ironicly, that makes her a legitimate princess," she says with a smirk. "I didn't want to tell you before you met, as I assumed she'd read your mind. The less you knew about her the better."

Kord

Post by Kord » Sat October 15 05 ; 8 41 pm

"Thanks" Ken pulls her close playfully and says jokingly " You know I'm becoming quite the expensive habit for you. hmm, lets see at $2000 an hour times several days...." Ken starts laughing for a minute or two and then seriously asks "So what happens for the next five days?"

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Sat October 15 05 ; 9 03 pm

Estella laughs as well, in a good mood now that her would-be Childe has a secured edge over the competition. "You're free to do whatever you like for the next five days. You may leave the estate, go home, go to work.. do whatever you like. I'd like to say I'm sorry that I've kept you here so long, but I have enjoyed your company so much. Now that we know each other better, I know that you will come back to me."

Kord

Post by Kord » Sun October 16 05 ; 3 01 pm

Ken seems a bit glad that he will be able to roam freely but then a few thoughts come to mind and he feels a bit uneasy, thoughts that he must ask Estella about "So I'm free to go, sigh... It doesnt seem like such a big deal anymore now that things are so different. I'm not sure what to do, I mean my life is completely different now. How am I suppose to react to others, I mean what about Stacy? She will know somethings wrong wont she? especially when I have to um turn away her emotions."
Ken trails off a bit as if in thought

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Sun October 16 05 ; 3 04 pm

Estella just smiles. "You haven't changed so much, my dear. Not yet, anyhow. These are questions that you have to answer on your own. You'll find a way."

Kord

Post by Kord » Sun October 16 05 ; 3 17 pm

Ken shakes his head "Thats only half true, sure things will most likely change even greater but my life has changed quite considerably in the last week in my eyes. but I will deal with it, Will you be making anytime for me in the next five days?"

Return to “Ken”