OOC: Questions/Comments

Kord
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl

exp points

Post by Kord » Fri October 21 05 ; 11 55 am

OK, I have a few ideas as to what ken might want, but i have a few questions to ask. when will ken be embraced most likely? how much will it cost to get Potence back. based on my roleplay i would say that ken might start a new discipline, i believe heightened senses. or perhaps up his presence to 2 dots death stare. leaving 4 dots which i would like to use for up background resources to 4. i can think how ken might start to achieve this but not really sure. also is it necessary to spend all XP now or can i save some? Based on the prologue these are the only things that make sense to me. of course any suggestions you have might help too.

I just didnt see ken use many skills attributes etc.. to consider them.

Gingerbread Guy

Re: exp points

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Fri October 21 05 ; 3 22 pm

Well, here's whats going to go down in the downtime:

First, 5 days of downtime which we sorta already discussed. 5 days will pass in the game - Ken will get back to work, talk to Stacy and explain a little about whats been going on (leaving out the vampires and stuff of course!), and spend a few nights with Estella.

Then, there will be some roleplaying where the three PCs meet and are introduced formally to Prince Channing.

Then immediately thereafter, there'll be 3 months of downtime during which you'll be Embraced and educated in the basics of being a vampire.

I've decided (yesterday) to let you guys spend your XP at any time as you see fit during this 3 month period. So, if there is some ability or something you'd like to increase, you can say that you're practicing that during those 3 months.

Buying back Potence will cost the normal amount for a first dot of disciplines: 10 XP. Basicly you get to skip the learning time normally associated with learning a discipline (which could be weeks to months). Since you have 3 months of downtime, however, this isn't a big deal.

When you become a vampire you'll get 3 dots of in-clan disciplines for free (Presence, Auspex or Celerity). This is in addition to the free dot of Auspex that you're getting. This is part of what you'll be learning in the 3 months of downtime.

Whats your idea for increasing Resources?

~Ginger

Gingerbread Guy

Re: exp points

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Fri October 21 05 ; 3 24 pm

Oh, just realised that I made a mistake in the XP topic. I said that Backgrounds cost Current Level x1 to increase. Its actually x3. Sorry, I know thats a big difference.

~Ginger

Kord

Re: OOC: Questions/Comments

Post by Kord » Sat October 22 05 ; 4 47 pm

I think Ken was most interested in the telepathy and astral projection that was seen and would want to spend 10 xp learning that, so lets go with heightened senses. then i'll leave the 4xp for something else during the 3 months, that seems to make the most sense to me based on the prologue? what do you think?

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Sat October 22 05 ; 9 40 pm

Okay, we seem to have a miscommunication here. When you become a vampire (which is going to happen very soon), you'll get THREE free Discipline dots. In addition, you get Awe for free.

My only request is that you not put all your dots into Auspex. I'm not allowing anyone to learn 4th dots straight off the bat.

~Ginger

Kord

Post by Kord » Sun October 23 05 ; 8 14 am

ok so you dont want me to spend my 14 xp on any disciplines then?

Return to “Ken”