OOC Talk

In a godless world where atheism is rampant, society is decadent, invention is the future, and where the secrets of arcana have been all but completely forgotten, MERCS follows the harsh but compelling lives of guild mercenaries.

Moderator: Gingerbread Guy

Gingerbread Guy
Scholarly Gamer|Scholarly Gaming Guy|Scholarly Gaming Girl

Re: OOC Talk

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Mon April 14 08 ; 9 11 am

[quote="Genghis";p="76232"]Nice one, Uvi! lol

Not, "It'll be alright," or "Nothing can hurt you or your baby now," but:

"Hey, I know you're a single child-age mom dealing with a lot of stress, but your child will most likely be an Omen-esque Satan-incarnate and will probably eat you from the womb out and slaughter your family. No worries though..there, there..."

Nice tactful touch, IMHO...hehehe[/quote]

Hey, at least she rolled Diplomacy, not Intimidation! That's Kaelie's merciful side! You gotta love her. (Because she's scary and will hurt you!)

~Ginger

Genghis
Master Gamer|Master Gaming Guy|Master Gaming Girl

Post by Genghis » Tue April 15 08 ; 1 17 pm

Heads up: I will be in Scotland from Friday for a week plus a day so I won't be around starting then.
Once more unto the breach, dear friends!

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Tue April 29 08 ; 6 05 pm

Welcome back to the action, everyone. ^__^

~Ginger

Argis
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl

Post by Argis » Tue April 29 08 ; 7 05 pm

And now that we get started again, I must announce that am unsure of my ability to stay in touch over the summer. I'll be working at a place where I may or may not have regular internet access. My stay there will last from sometime in late May (anytime between the 27th and 31st) until August 1st. I hate to leave you guys up a creek without a bow. For my first week there we could let Gravin stay in action, and do a test run to see exactly how much I will be able to get to a computer. I'm also fine with letting one of you guys run him for the summer when I can't, provided you don't jump him off a cliff. One thing is for sure: I do want to pick up full time as soon as I am back.
"Christianity has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found difficult and left untried" -G. K. Chesterton
"Fact is stranger than fiction, because we create fiction to suit ourselves."- G. K. Chesterton
"A Christian who isn't peculiar has a peculiar Christianity" -Basil Malof
“When Christ calls a man, He bids him come and die.”-Dietrich Bonhoeffer.

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Tue April 29 08 ; 11 38 pm

No worries, Argis - we can work something out. ^__^

~Ginger

Gingerbread Guy

Post by Gingerbread Guy » Fri May 09 08 ; 1 51 pm

Welcome home from your first successful green assignment, everyone! I've updated your Affiliation scores (read more about them here), and the bottom line is that you're all considered "new leather": mercenaries who, though new, have proven themselves effective and are building a reputations. You're all officially "well-known" around the Sunset City chapterhouse, as word has/will spread about what missions you've completed and bounties you've brought in.

What you do next is up to you, of course. There will be two more green missions (I think, I'll have to check my notes later; rather in a hurry now) and at least two bounties up on the wall for you to choose from. You're welcome to take some downtime to rest and do whatever else you might want to in town.

~Ginger

Argis
Shrewd Gamer|Shrewd Gaming Guy|Shrewd Gaming Girl

Post by Argis » Mon May 26 08 ; 1 02 pm

Just to let you guys know, tomorrow starts my time of limited access to the internet. If it becomes apparent that I won't be able to keep up, you guys are welcome to use Gravin how you see fit. I can still check up every once in a while, so I'll keep in touch.
"Christianity has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found difficult and left untried" -G. K. Chesterton
"Fact is stranger than fiction, because we create fiction to suit ourselves."- G. K. Chesterton
"A Christian who isn't peculiar has a peculiar Christianity" -Basil Malof
“When Christ calls a man, He bids him come and die.”-Dietrich Bonhoeffer.

Uvuriel
Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin

Post by Uvuriel » Sat May 31 08 ; 8 42 am

Hey guys. Since you guys are such a large part of my life (whether that be terribly sad or not I really don't care right now!! :P), I totally want to share this with you.

I'm adopted. My (adoptive) parents have told me since before I could even comprehend this, and they've been very supportive of my desire to search for my birthparents.

Well, I found my birthmom. And here's the kicker--I have a brother. Not a half-brother, but same mom, same dad. He's just barely 2 years younger than me, and his name is Sean. He wanted Sherri (my birthmom) to search for me, because he's known about me for like 10 years. He has wanted to find me since the day he found out.

We got in contact with each other yesterday, and as soon as I got out of work, we were pretty much on the phone for the rest of the night. We are so alike... it's scary and amazing. We ALMOST went to the same college for a degree in game design. We could have had classes together.

But yeah. I'm just really excited about this... and I want to tell all of my friends because I'm so happy and I just gotta get it out!! :D:D:D:D:D

And yes, the blue link that says "I HAVE A BROTHER!" goes to another post I made about this. ^_^ I'm going to post this same thing in all the OOC threads for all the games I'm in, so you probably want to post any replies in the linked thread. ^_^

Love you guys!!
Rachel
[font=Century Gothic]That is it!! Roll for initiative.
I hope you like pain.[/font]
My Myspace page! (And my beach!)

Return to “MERCS: Live by the Sword”